Gaming (Mario Kart 7) Nintendo punishing cheaters?

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I was playing this game online while, during one of the tracks, I see a Toad passing me by with a bullet bill. I see him going for a very long distance until the match finished. I came second but according to the board I was still first. After that the player disconnected. Is Nintendo recognizing cheaters and punishing them?

It could not have been legit because the Toad was already second place when he used the bullet bill and he used a different item prior to that. Also, it went on for an extended period of time rather than the very short one you get when you're second place.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has been actively banning online cheaters for many years now, at least as far back as the original Wii goes. Rightfully so, to cheat in an online game without other's knowledge just to get an advantage over other's is just wrong. Its one thing, if you host a modded lobby where all participants are aware that cheats/mods/hacks are being used, and its more of doing it for the fun of it and for tinkering, but using them to get a 1up (lame pun intended lol) on others is just rotten...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was playing this game online while, during one of the tracks, I see a Toad passing me by with a bullet bill. I see him going for a very long distance until the match finished. I came second but according to the board I was still first. After that the player disconnected. Is Nintendo recognizing cheaters and punishing them?

It could not have been legit because the Toad was already second place when he used the bullet bill and he used a different item prior to that. Also, it went on for an extended period of time rather than the very short one you get when you're second place.
It could simply be lag. Weird stuff happens sometimes when a player lags.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Agree this could just be lag. if the game lags out on someone while they use an item it will go on forever. this is why you see people boosting into walls constantly sometimes (Supershroom Lag). Bullet bills are the most common lag people will see due to other disconnecting or powering off the console. The server doesn't receive the "off" command from the client, so it assumes its still active and since bullet bills are a auto steering you will see it the most due to it not driving off the road in one direction. It basically waits for the off command to keep all players in sync

Last edited by Zonark,
Reactions: 330

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I Agree this could just be lag. if the game lags out on someone while they use an item it will go on forever. this is why you see people boosting into walls constantly sometimes (Supershroom Lag). Bullet bills are the most common lag people will see due to other disconnecting or powering off the console. The server doesn't receive the "off" command from the client, so it assumes its still active and since bullet bills are a auto steering you will see it the most due to it not driving off the road in one direction. It basically waits for the off command to keep all players in sync
Great explanation. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work