Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon Wii U online available now ^^.

Jilou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

After a long time, we can play online ^^.
Have a good game everybody ^^.

Reactions: SDIO

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good the hackers can wreck the place again! Mk8 wii u online is a shit show. Should be taken away by now anyway.
Apparently a bunch of backend changes were made to hopefully mitigate it a little. But we will see how that works in practice.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They also said that if another vulnerability is found they will likely shut it down forever.
Never make an exploit public knowledge ever again.
They said that if something else was found they'd discontinue the games servers. Although I don't know if they mean temporarily or permanently. I'd assume temporarily as it states only mario kart 8 and splatoon would be taken down, and it would be weird to have all other online games working with 2 large exceptions.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
They said that if something else was found they'd discontinue the games servers. Although I don't know if they mean temporarily or permanently. I'd assume temporarily as it states only mario kart 8 and splatoon would be taken down, and it would be weird to have all other online games working with 2 large exceptions.

From nintendo.co.uk:
If further issues occur which make it difficult to continue supporting online play, we may have to discontinue the online play service for the Wii U games Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 at short notice. Should this occur, please note that offline play would continue to function normally.
If it happens again, they will kill it for good.

FloofEmily

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does anyone know if its still safe to launch modded splatoon in the same way as before the servers went down? (i want to play as an octoling online)

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
does anyone know if its still safe to launch modded splatoon in the same way as before the servers went down? (i want to play as an octoling online)
It depends, I'm not into Splatoon but I can say for sure that If your mod changes any of the hashed files then it is definitely unsafe to go online.

FloofEmily

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It depends, I'm not into Splatoon but I can say for sure that If your mod changes any of the hashed files then it is definitely unsafe to go online.
i'm not completely sure what hashed files are but assuming that the mod doesn't effect those type of files since it only really changes the player model and the enemy octo's

tsvx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can download the new updates of these two on pc? they aren't shown up on wii u usb helper yet or maybe never?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good the hackers can wreck the place again! Mk8 wii u online is a shit show. Should be taken away by now anyway.
That's part of the reason why I stopped playing MK7 online on 3DS. I guess they find it funny to mess around with other players, yet no one other than themselves feel that way.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol