Emulation Mario Kart 8 Mods through USB Helper?

ClockSmasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to try out emulating MK8 on my toaster. Seems all well and good enough when driving alone, but that's not what I got it for in the first place. As you could tell, I'm looking to mod it, but the method seems a lot different than just simply using a different program to patch a .ROM/.CIA/.ISO, what have you. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Most likely would appreciate some help getting the Guzma mod working.

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Decided to try out emulating MK8 on my toaster. Seems all well and good enough when driving alone, but that's not what I got it for in the first place. As you could tell, I'm looking to mod it, but the method seems a lot different than just simply using a different program to patch a .ROM/.CIA/.ISO, what have you. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Most likely would appreciate some help getting the Guzma mod working.
Well I'm not familiar with this particular mod but it should be fairly easy as Wii U USB Helper unpacks the game for emulation.
Just go to DATA/EMULATORS/CEMU/GAMES (where DATA is located in the directory you have chosen the first time you ran the app) and then follow the instructions of your mod to replace/add the files

ClockSmasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not familiar with this particular mod but it should be fairly easy as Wii U USB Helper unpacks the game for emulation.
Just go to DATA/EMULATORS/CEMU/GAMES (where DATA is located in the directory you have chosen the first time you ran the app) and then follow the instructions of your mod to replace/add the files
Ah geez, I feel so stupid for not realizing that. I kinda figured they had the game data all open-book like that, but I think that's what threw me off on what I should do next.

But yeah, didn't you know? Someone ported Guzma to MK8. Had to overwrite Waluigi for animations that might fit his character, plus the skeleton is kind of the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share