Mario Kart DX

PZT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pretty simple to me, it's a hardware virtualization, these arcade systems are largely just based off of locked-down versions of Windows or Linux because PCs are cheaper than elaborate dedicated components, so it makes the games think they're running on the x86 arcade system when it's really running on your PC, the same way Nintendont makes your games think they're running on a Gamecube when it's really running on a Wii or Wii U. They share hardware similar enough to make one imitate the other in a way separate from emulation.
Don't quote me on that though.

Reactions: DinohScene

ReaverTeknoGods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Seems pretty simple to me, it's a hardware virtualization, these arcade systems are largely just based off of locked-down versions of Windows or Linux because PCs are cheaper than elaborate dedicated components, so it makes the games think they're running on the x86 arcade system when it's really running on your PC, the same way Nintendont makes your games think they're running on a Gamecube when it's really running on a Wii or Wii U. They share hardware similar enough to make one imitate the other in a way separate from emulation.
Don't quote me on that though.
Something like this, baseOS is Highly customized windows and the motherboard is typically custom in these systems with tons of addional hardware installed. We are also working on Lindbergh which base os is highly customized Linux, but we have them partially already running on Windows.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does not make any sense. It is not wii or wiiu based game? :D

Well, this is a homebrew community that has ported lots of great games to hacked systems. Furthermore, we have GP and GP2 running on the Wii, Wii U, and Dolphin. Plus you posted this on the Wii U section, you can't blame people for instantly thinking, "Oh, maybe they'll get it to run on the Wii U."

ReaverTeknoGods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, this is a homebrew community that has ported lots of great games to hacked systems. Furthermore, we have GP and GP2 running on the Wii, Wii U, and Dolphin. Plus you posted this on the Wii U section, you can't blame people for instantly thinking, "Oh, maybe they'll get it to run on the Wii U."
Do you even read my posts? I said that I do not know where to post this.

Further more GP1 and GP2 are based on triforce which is gamecube based system.

Reactions: KevinLSX

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
I can also verifie this is real

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is no arcade section as far as I'm aware so we're else should reaver post this ? Wii u would possibly be the next closest thing... Correct me if I'm wrong

ReaverTeknoGods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Btw finishing all 50CC races unlocks 2 more cups.
91GX4d0.jpg

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you even read my posts? I said that I do not know where to post this.

Further more GP1 and GP2 are based on triforce which is gamecube based system.

Did you read my post? Nothing about it suggests I didn't read yours. I simply stated that because you chose to post on this section, its understandable that people might hope you can get in running on Wii U.

I can also verifie this is real

There is no arcade section as far as I'm aware so we're else should reaver post this ? Wii u would possibly be the next closest thing... Correct me if I'm wrong

Well certainly not the Wii U hacking section as it has nothing to do with hacking the Wii U. The general gaming discussion section is probably the best home for this kind of topic.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
True. If its being emulated on the PC, it certainly seems feasible that the emulator could be ported to a hacked Wii U, we have plenty of other emulators running on the system.
Apparently you didn't read anything. This is virtualization, the arcade machine is already a heavily modded PC. In that sense, it's absolutely not emulation, and it will certainly never, ever run on an old PPC-based machine like the Wii U.

Reactions: kingraa777

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently you didn't read anything. This is virtualization, the arcade machine is already a heavily modded PC. In that sense, it's absolutely not emulation, and it will certainly never, ever run on an old PPC-based machine like the Wii U.

I want to see it on wii u through quadforce/triiforce etc.

Model swap, asset swap, sounds: from GP/GP2.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, pretty interesting @ReaverTeknoGods . Did you get to make only the Japanese version work, or US too? And what about the update released? :P

I want to see it on wii u through quadforce/triiforce etc.

Model swap, asset swap, sounds, etc.
The Triforce that MKAGP/GP2 ran on was a PPC-based system, close to the GC. GPDX runs on completely different hardware. What you're asking is equivalent to "make a random PC game work on the Wii U", which means basically "port or recompile it".

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, pretty interesting @ReaverTeknoGods . Did you get to make only the Japanese version work, or US too? And what about the update released? :P

The Triforce that MKAGP/GP2 ran on was a PPC-based system, close to the GC. GPDX runs on completely different hardware. What you're asking is equivalent to "make a random PC game work on the Wii U", which means basically "port or recompile it".

Except im not asking that....

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Call it what you want, fact of the matter is, it's running on a PC, meaning that some work was done to get it running there. Sure the Arcade is already a heavily modded PC (most video game hardware is when you really think about it), but its running on a PC all the same. Couple that with the OP's choice to put this project in the Wii U hacking section, and again, I absolutely understand why anyone that sees the topic title in this section will think, "hey maybe that have or will eventually get it running on the Wii U." Whether or not that truly is possible is beside my point. Only that it naturally will get people thinking that it may be coming to the system. (I mean I'm not holding my breath on it at all, just saying, OP needs to be more careful with where they place their content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol