'Marvel Rivals', a team-based PVP shooter, announced

image001.jpg

NetEase Games and Marvel Games are partnering up to develop Marvel Rivals, a new, 6v6, free-to-play team-based PVP shooter for PC featuring the iconic Marvel superheroes as character rosters. An announcement trailer was aired, providing a glimpse of the gameplay:

Marvel Rivals is a thrilling, fast-paced, cooperative gameplay experience with 6vs6 players battling for victory across destructible environments, reshaping the terrain to create tactical advantages. The development team on Marvel Rivals is composed of global talent who have previously worked on hit franchises such as Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Marvel Rivals features a storyline crafted by the NetEase writing team where the merciless clash between the tyrannical dictator Doctor Doom and his future counterpart from the year 2099 has forced countless universes to collide in the Timestream Entanglement, creating new worlds and crises still unknown.

The line-up of superheroes includes Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Hulk, Rocket, Groot, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Magik and many more. Characters also have team-up attacks, combining superpowers and inventing new tactics that can turn the tide of combat.

Marvel Rivals will feature the following:
  • A Deep and Varied Marvel Roster: Choose from a vast array of fan-favorite and cult-classic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from across the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, and many more from across the Marvel Multiverse. With the Alpha Test in May, players will have access to more than a dozen playable Super Heroes and Super Villains, including iconic characters such as Black Panther, Spider-Man, Magneto, and Magik.
  • Fast and Fun 6v6 Action with Ever-Changing Game Dynamics: With intricate environments, fast-paced gameplay, and ever-changing battlefields, there's never a dull moment in Marvel Rivals! Battle as Super Heroes and Super Villains with incredible abilities and combine your powers to bring unexpected fun to the battlefield in a matter of seconds.
  • Dynamic Hero Synergy: Coordinate unique combinations between characters to ignite surprising Team-Up Skills! Unleash the synergy of combined superpowers and invent new tactics that can turn the tide of combat. Ride on Groot’s back as Rocket Raccoon to take on your enemies as a dangerous duo, unleash Gamma energy as Hulk to charge Iron Man’s armor for massive damage, and so much more!
  • Creative Environment Destruction: Tear your way through iconic Marvel worlds across destructible environments! From Asgard to the Tokyo of 2099, use superpowers to alter these environments, reshape the terrain, and craft a strategic advantage on the battlefield. Take cover to dodge attacks or use makeshift weapons to strike down enemies. Players will find countless ways to utilize the environment to claim victory!
  • Continually Evolving Universe and Robust Post-Launch Updates: The Marvel Multiverse brings infinite possibilities! Each seasonal drop will introduce new Super Heroes to the battlefield along with challenging and diverse maps! Unlock new content to implement across various gameplay strategies while experiencing thrilling action and endless possibilities in these adventurous team battles!

A Closed Alpha Test for Marvel Rivals on PC is scheduled for May and will include access to over a dozen playable characters. A release window for the full game and its availability on consoles have yet to be announced.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Continually Evolving Universe and Robust Post-Launch Updates
...Yeeeah, how'd that turn out for Marvel's Avengers again? Oh, right, only two or so new characters (including the off-brand female Hawkeye, instead of Clint Barton - the one we all know) and very little "new" story or gameplay content, before it utterly collapsed.
Also, didn't they fuck over players by slowing down EXP gain, just before the collapse? No fucking wonder it collapsed.

I'll believe it IF (not when, IF) I see it.

Also, I notice that four of the five most prominent characters in the artwork - the five largest and closest to the 'camera' - are all female. Storm, Scarlet Witch, Peni Parker (SP//DR), and the ice chick with the black/white hair (is that meant to be Emma Frost? If it is - FAIL. She's known for having blonde hair and sexy white outfits. If it's not Frost, then I don't know who that is).
The only exception is Stephen Strange.
Hmm...I smell the constant stench of ideological, sexist decay here. Noooo thank you.

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
I notice that four of the five most prominent characters in the artwork - the five largest and closest to the 'camera' - are all female. Storm, Scarlet Witch, Peni Parker (SP//DR), and the ice chick with the black/white hair (is that meant to be Emma Frost? If it is - FAIL. She's known for having blonde hair and sexy outfits. If it's not Frost, then I don't know who that is).
The only exception is Stephen Strange.
Hmm...I smell the constant stench of ideological, sexist decay here. Noooo thank you.
Women close to camera >:(

4/5 is hardly a significant variation - exactly one more than the closest you can get to equal out of five. Especially when the selection of those five is pretty arbitrary.

The ideological decay evidently was thwarted before it could reach the text, anyway, which lists mainly male characters. Or maybe it's not that big of a deal.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever i see the terms free to play i say nope. not going to play it no matter what the game is.

microtransaction garbage on top of them stealing all ur data. what most gamers dont realize is how stupid they are for playing free to play games and always online stuff. personality bios on all the dumbass online gamers created for free and given to private corps with ur consent.

and yes i am talking to alot of u. there are alot of people here who get it. but there are some who dont understand there gaming choices push the narrative beyond "gaming entertainment" and into the human control realm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto