zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Screenshot_2021-01-02 ck8rbj15xr861 jpg (WEBP Image, 2268 × 4032 pixels) — Scaled (25%).png

It seems that about half of the DSiWare games in the US 3DS Eshop now say "Currently Unavailable". This was first noticed on Jan 1st 2021 by a reddit user. Only about 180 remain, down from 400+ just a couple days ago.

I had checked yesterday and it appeared that only Nintendo published games had been yanked. Now, the purge obviously increased in scope, but I can't confirm if this is being done in phases or if the purging will continue at all. There's one detail that could describe which games are chosen for deactivation -- they all have a release date of 5/16/2011 or earlier.

At this time, no DSiWare titles have been removed from EU and JP Eshops as far as I can tell.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by zoogie,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Does it mean the only choice left for the 3DS owners from the US is using CFW? :huh:
For about half the DSi Library, I'd assume so.
All the titles have been dumped an archived already, right?
According to this tweeterer, ya

I don't know if this is actually true or not, but I'll heard of this big CDN stash before. Don't know if the titlekeys would be necessary to decrypt them or not. That could be a sticking point.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if the titlekeys would be necessary to decrypt them or not. That could be a sticking point.
A leak a while back included/revealed how to make (can't remember which) a titlekey gen script for Wii/WiiU/DSi/3DS titlekeys.
I reckon if that becomes a hurdle then folks that have it will step in.
Assuming the folks that dumped the DSi CDN don't already have it.

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

https://twitter.com/MarioMasta64/status/1345495205227753473

I don't know if this is actually true or not, but I'll heard of this big CDN stash before. Don't know if the titlekeys would be necessary to decrypt them or not. That could be a sticking point.

Wasn't it only the US DSiWare CDN that was dumped? Has anyone dumped the EU and JPN CDNs?

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

https://twitter.com/MarioMasta64/status/1345495205227753473

I have the dsiware 4 gigs archive from that cia site (rip) you can use godmode to convert the .nds to installable .cia complete with animated icon in the 3ds home screen
EDIT: it's the entire catalog of dsiware usa/jpn/euro
EDIT 2: you can play dsiware from twilight menu ++ (with apparently some problems with some titles (need more info) but twilight menu ++ kinda annoying for huge rom directory (no criticism whatsoever to robs who is great for his accomplishments and updates.)
EDIT 3: Also important distinction between installing DSIware and putting regular NDS non-DSI on the 3ds homescreen. If you want regular NDS roms, you can't simply install them like DSiware, the 3DS is specially intended only for DSi and 3DS, since they were made available on the eshop (this discludes some popular titles like pokemon black/white.) For NDS roms on 3ds homescreen, I think your best option is to generate "forwarders" with windows app "nds forwarder" which then loads the game like it's loading from twilight menu ++.
EDIT 4: Twilight menu ++ is a frontend for "bootstrap," which is an application that allows NDS to be run natively on 3DS hardware instead of using an emulator.

Last edited by yuyuyup,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, For my birthday I will go to the movies and then we will go to a restaurant where...