Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 announced

Untitled.png

Though retailer and ratings board listings gave us some insight into the existence of this game before the official announcement, Capcom has finally confirmed the Mega Man X Legacy Collection, which will be a two-part release. Part 1 will include the first four games, while the second half offers Mega Man X5 through X8. As a bonus, there will new features, such as the new game mode, called "X Challenge" which is a boss rush, while the Museum Mode will have bios on the characters, as well as the "Day of Sigma" anime special which originally launched with Mega Man Maverick Hunter on the PSP. There's no confirmation of a western version at the time of writing, but it's almost a certainty. The game will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch on July 26. The cover art for both versions is shown below.

794958.jpg 794957.jpg

:arrow: Source

Edit: The PlayStation blog confirmed a western release for July 24. There will be a digital release for all platforms which will cost $19.99, and a physical console release which includes both games, for $39.99.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
srs the games are preety small no need to split them up, the frirst collection its like what 1.5gb? afaik the first 2 are snes games wich are preety tiny and the rest are under 700mb since they were cd games...

there was an x collection on gc and it had x1 to x6 and megaman battle and chase and gc dics cant be more than 1.35gb...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_X_Collection#List_of_games
The size will probably be different since these are recreations like the other two legacy collections and not just simple ports and emulations like the first collection.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna give my $0.02 on this.

While I do think that it is stupid to split up the collection, the price is ok for what they ($40 either way for the whole collection and $20 seperately).
Plus, now, if you don't like the later half of the series (X5-X8) you don't even have to buy them.
That plus some slightly improved visuals and new modes, I don't see too much to really complain about honestly as of yet.

((Also, did anyone notice that X is the SNES model wearing Ultimate Armor in the X-Challenge scene they showed?!))

Last edited by SonowRaevius,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The size will probably be different since these are recreations like the other two legacy collections and not just simple ports and emulations like the first collection.
i doubt after you merge collection 1 and 2 you get anything over 5 gb lol

reminds me of megaman legacy collection on ps4 its complete install and its under 7gb and switch only gets part 1 wich is under 1gb and part2 is dlc code...

D

Deleted User

This looks cool, but since I already have X Collection for my PS2, I think I'll pass on this one.

Also, I personally find it funny how they pretty much split the games up into the good and the bad with each collection. No offense to fans of later games in the series, but it did seem that the games declined in quality slightly with X5, and significantly with X6. X4 is the shit, though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X7 is pretty bad. I got to the final boss in X8, but I could never beat it. that's the one with the spinning crystals, right? sigma may have been after her; in fact, I think he might've been, so maybe it was the boss before the last. :D

I'm sure if they make a Mega Man X9 it will either be like the snes games or be what they're trying to do with MM11. just my thoughts anyway. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Surprisingly Day of Sigma has really good acting. Much better than what they got for X4 and Megaman 8 Dr. Wahwee.

lmao. the voice acting is classic in MM8. I remember watching a speedrun of that game for AGDQ I believe, and one of the donation milestones was having everyone watch those cutscenes. :P

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And now for the weather forecast:
LC1 sales - 100.000+
LC2 sales - 100+
LC1 reivews - Overwhelmingly positive
LC2 reviews - Mostly Negative

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You don't know how much Crapcom loves his lazy money.
Oh? Do I?
I'm just using simple logic on a megaman series which was released ONLY on handheld Nintendo consoles, and has been out through VC on the Wii U.
If people want MMZ on the switch, they should wait for VC Switch ports.

Last edited by RedoLane,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
X7 is pretty bad. I got to the final boss in X8, but I could never beat it. that's the one with the spinning crystals, right? sigma may have been after her; in fact, I think he might've been, so maybe it was the boss before the last. :D

I'm sure if they make a Mega Man X9 it will either be like the snes games or be what they're trying to do with MM11. just my thoughts anyway. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lmao. the voice acting is classic in MM8. I remember watching a speedrun of that game for AGDQ I believe, and one of the donation milestones was having everyone watch those cutscenes. :P
They got Elmer Fudd to play Dr. Light.

I want the Japanese versions along with the U.S. like what they did with 3ds anniversary collection. There are musical differences between versions and I like the Japanese intros to X3 rerelease and X4. If they can do that release SNES versions along with the release versions that will be awesome. But I know they won’t.

To be fair, almost everything from the ps1 era had pretty bad VA. Resident evil is another excellent example of this
And the classic House of Dead 2. Never forget G. G is the best. Suffer like G did. Even ps2 era has a few bad voice acting.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They got Elmer Fudd to play Dr. Light.

I want the Japanese versions along with the U.S. like what they did with 3ds anniversary collection. There are musical differences between versions and I like the Japanese intros to X3 rerelease and X4. If they can do that release SNES versions along with the release versions that will be awesome. But I know they won’t.

And the classic House of Dead 2. Never forget G. G is the best. Suffer like G did. Even ps2 era has a few bad voice acting.

Who could forget Dr. Wahwee?

Reactions: godreborn

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh? Do I?
I'm just using simple logic on a megaman series which was released ONLY on handheld Nintendo consoles, and has been out through VC on the Wii U.
If people want MMZ on the switch, they should wait for VC Switch ports.
Capcom doesn't use logic.
And there is no Switch VC.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I didn't like the numerous play styles, Mega Man X should be 2D action only. X through X4 are the only ones I enjoyed.

X1~X3 SNES and X4 Playstation were it for me. Those were more memorable than other later series. For me, it just got too complicated with "stuff". My personal favorite is X2 :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: