Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 announced

Untitled.png

Though retailer and ratings board listings gave us some insight into the existence of this game before the official announcement, Capcom has finally confirmed the Mega Man X Legacy Collection, which will be a two-part release. Part 1 will include the first four games, while the second half offers Mega Man X5 through X8. As a bonus, there will new features, such as the new game mode, called "X Challenge" which is a boss rush, while the Museum Mode will have bios on the characters, as well as the "Day of Sigma" anime special which originally launched with Mega Man Maverick Hunter on the PSP. There's no confirmation of a western version at the time of writing, but it's almost a certainty. The game will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch on July 26. The cover art for both versions is shown below.

794958.jpg 794957.jpg

:arrow: Source

Edit: The PlayStation blog confirmed a western release for July 24. There will be a digital release for all platforms which will cost $19.99, and a physical console release which includes both games, for $39.99.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually that is probably because "make more money" reasons...
Well, if it's priced like the first Legacy collections, $20 each. Furthermore, will they really make more money? I think most people, myself included, only have fond memories of the first three or four MMX games tops. Unless you're a stickler about having them all for the sake of having them all, there's not a lot of incentive to buy the second collection.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone knows X5 and beyond weren't that great.

And it shows not everyone is right. I plenty enjoyed X5 & X6. X7 is an atrocity. X8 was a nice 2.5D throwback game, which I need to play again, because I don't remember it well.

But X5/6 have some awesome Showtaro Morikubo tunes in the games, and X gets the Z Sabre, how can you not like that. Only thing I don't like about those two games is the limited time in X5 (due to the endings) and saving the reploids in X6, had to reset many times to save everyone, that game isn't very forgiving. Otherwise, they are two competent entries in the series, but you can tell Capcom didn't know what to do with the X storyline at that point.

More of a shame that Command Mission didn't get added to this collection, would have been a nice addition (like Battle & Chase was in the original X collection).

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'd rather get maverick hunter x - 8 + command mission

and more anime to go alongside day of sigma, perhaps to bridge between games like how day of sigma was a prologue

and each game unlocks something for another, like Vile is unlocked by 1st game, to be used in all subsequent games (kinda like knuckles in sonic the hedgehog 2)

and if each game used the same engine, and were priced accordingly so you'd pay like 20 for 1 game, and bought each other entry at dlc price

but then i woke up

Maverick Hunter X7 is a must, the original is so bad, it could only be improved

Last edited by Missing Number,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is anyone surprised they split it? They did the same for MM collections. Price was still reasonable.

There was nearly 2 years between the MM Legacy collections the first time. They clearly only had the intention to just release the first 6 NES games on a single collection and call it a day. But it sold well, and they got to work on a collection of the remaining games and got that out just a couple of weeks short of 2 years later. Clearly, the second collection was never a guarantee but only came to exist because Capcom finally started to see that people do genuinely want more Mega Man. This time however, both collections release on the exact same day.... why!? If all the games are bundled together, all the extra content and modes have been added, and you're charging $40 total for all 8 games, why in the hell would they even bother to split them up!? Just release one title with all 8 games for $40. I get it, there are a small amount of people that only want to buy 4 titles or only willing to spend like $20 on a game and they want to appeal to them, I can see the logic in that, but still, that very small portion of the market interested in these games is going to permanently inconvenience the remaining majority of the market interested in these when we want to quickly switch from one title to the next in the series.

Reactions: DarthDub

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it shows not everyone is right. I plenty enjoyed X5 & X6. X7 is an atrocity. X8 was a nice 2.5D throwback game, which I need to play again, because I don't remember it well.

But X5/6 have some awesome Showtaro Morikubo tunes in the games, and X gets the Z Sabre, how can you not like that. Only thing I don't like about those two games is the limited time in X5 (due to the endings) and saving the reploids in X6, had to reset many times to save everyone, that game isn't very forgiving. Otherwise, they are two competent entries in the series, but you can tell Capcom didn't know what to do with the X storyline at that point.

More of a shame that Command Mission didn't get added to this collection, would have been a nice addition (like Battle & Chase was in the original X collection).

I never got that far in X5 and X6 to be honest.

CoolSmartMan5678

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i will buy megaman x legacy collection 1 and 2 usa video games when comes
out release video games nintendo switch and sony playstation 4 and
microsoft xbox one and come buy those video games ok and video games
and release in july 24 2018 this year ok

Last edited by CoolSmartMan5678,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want these in the Collection.

And I want English and Japanese versions of the games like what they did with 3DS Legacy collection.
If they don't then I'll be disapointed.

that would be cool. but knowing crapcom they just want quick bang for there buck.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where is Command Mission? Where is Maverick Hunter X? Heck slap the Xtreme games on there too. Make this a complete collection! Also this doesn't need to be two collections. It doesn't even make sense then to have X1-X4 since X4 marks the new graphics and style anyway. X4 will just be an odd man out.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where is Command Mission? Where is Maverick Hunter X? Heck slap the Xtreme games on there too. Make this a complete collection! Also this doesn't need to be two collections. It doesn't even make sense then to have X1-X4 since X4 marks the new graphics and style anyway. X4 will just be an odd man out.

Unless you put all of them into one collection, anything would be a pain for people suffering from OCD. 4-4 with the PS1 era split across both collections, a 3-5 combination or a 3-3-2 combination sorted by era. Command Mission would make it a 3-3-3, though. I'd like to know which would be the least disturbing combination by someone who's affected by this.

InoxTheBirb

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Everyone knows X5 and beyond weren't that great.
Actually, I love X5. X6 is kinda where it all hit the bottom. I'm not saying X6 is a horrible game, but I think it was too difficult.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A better idea would be to release 1,2,3 and Xtreme 1 and 2 in one collection and the others in an another one.

An even better idea would be a single collection.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I love X5. X6 is kinda where it all hit the bottom. I'm not saying X6 is a horrible game, but I think it was too difficult.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A better idea would be to release 1,2,3 and Xtreme 1 and 2 in one collection and the others in an another one.

An even better idea would be a single collection.

Couldn't get into X6 really.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying X6 is a horrible game, but I think it was too difficult.

You might not be saying, but I'd say X6 is a horrible game. I don't think it's too difficult, though, even on Xtreme Mode. I view X6 as different from the other X games. In the other X games, I expect to get to finish the end and at most die a few times (hopefully none and I'm still not good enough at X5 for this, but the general point stands). With X6, death is your friend. The game throws in 16 reploids to rescue per main stage, and each one gives you a one up; you can only hold 9 lives, though. Game overs themselves are virtually no punishment--like X5 you resume at the last checkpoint, so they're almost meaningless.

However, it can be difficult/tedious to 100%. It can be very frustrating with all the horrible level design decisions. It's also frustrating that at times you need to intentionally game over to exit a level--and that can be mean 9 intentional deaths against a boss. So, I can totally understand why people would be frustrated with the game and refuse to play it; it's just full of a lot of bad design decisions.

But once you get the Shadow Armor, get enough hearts, and get a few of the key speed items, the game really is trivially easy with an ability to just tank through most of the game. It's just not worth it to most people to play horrible games. I tend to find them amusing if I can get past their frustrating parts.

PS - Mentioning Xtreme 2, that's a great example of a game that looks like it was made by a bootleg/pirate group and is also in the same category of frustrating/ridiculously easy with the right setup.

Last edited by kuwanger,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
You might not be saying, but I'd say X6 is a horrible game. I don't think it's too difficult, though, even on Xtreme Mode. I view X6 as different from the other X games. In the other X games, I expect to get to finish the end and at most die a few times (hopefully none and I'm still not good enough at X5 for this, but the general point stands). With X6, death is your friend. The game throws in 16 reploids to rescue per main stage, and each one gives you a one up; you can only hold 9 lives, though. Game overs themselves are virtually no punishment--like X5 you resume at the last checkpoint, so they're almost meaningless.

However, it can be difficult/tedious to 100%. It can be very frustrating with all the horrible level design decisions. It's also frustrating that at times you need to intentionally game over to exit a level--and that can be mean 9 intentional deaths against a boss. So, I can totally understand why people would be frustrated with the game and refuse to play it; it's just full of a lot of bad design decisions.

But once you get the Shadow Armor, get enough hearts, and get a few of the key speed items, the game really is trivially easy with an ability to just tank through most of the game. It's just not worth it to most people to play horrible games. I tend to find them amusing if I can get past their frustrating parts.

PS - Mentioning Xtreme 2, that's a great example of a game that looks like it was made by a bootleg/pirate group and is also in the same category of frustrating/ridiculously easy with the right setup.
I actually like X6 more than X5. Rescuing Reploids actually did something instead of just giving you 1ups. You'd get different stuff, but if you let a reploid die they're gone forever. Sure it may be a highly flawed game, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. The music is also amazing. Blaze Heatnix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j