United States

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
There goes so many bootlegs of those awesome jam live bands.
Honestly, I'm taking the vast torrents available from those shows, and will try putting them on mediafire for now, file-splitting be damned.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it was a pretty good site, had its problems like most file hosters. Dispite their loads of stupid file limit and lack of search it still was a good site (mega video was one of the best places to watch free shows IMO) gonna miss it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have web hosting.

I google.

So I guess the "we're not responsible for the content / we remove flagged content" thing doesn't work any more?
It was never concrete. Limewire tried the same thing but then it was shown that they knew what they were doing and even changed things (client and network side) to account for piracy... so that excuse got thrown out.

So what the hell was the point of the SOPA act then? Seems they don't need any laws to police the internet.
SOPA makes it a lot easier. People have said this case was a 2-year long thing. SOPA could make these things happen in days.

Google usually comes up with heaps of fakes and links to searches for torrents which doesn't find torrents.
Yeah, that's why I use the "block search results from X" feature in google, so those fake indexing sites don't show up in my searches.

You sure? I don't think people would have thought about it unless SOPA was brought up.
SOPA hasn't passed, it's not law yet.

Gintoki Sakata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, after reading the court documents someone linked in this thread, I have to say that MU had this coming. To deliberately not delete popular illegal files because they produce big income is not ok.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess since this thread is dying down, I should clear up a few things. SOPA would introduce no need for a process to get rid of sites. Unlike MU, there would be no long process behind its removal and deletion. You can look at each and every court document to see how much work was put into getting the arrests and taking down the site. Th only odd thing about this is that the CEO was not arrested (Swizz Beatz ism ironically, the CEO of MegaUpload)

Secondly, the new site is not owned or managed by the current MU team. You can check this by taking a current MU link and trying to replace "megaupload.com" with the IP address of the site floating around and using the rest of a URL from any links you might currently have. All it does is place you back on the home page of the new fake site. You can also note that the way things are written on the fake site as "evidence" that it's fake. Megaupload is a company. It is not just an every day website. Were an error like this were to happen, it would be fixed within minutes - not kept there. It's also worth mentioning that the background is not white and has no MU branding placed on it. maybe the creators of the website realized they could be tied to MU through branding it and then have themselves arrested.

As far as "Google shows fake links to torrents" - that's not Google's fault, but rather the way Google works. Google uses search results from others and how many people have clicked them to generate results for other people. Many of us torrent users also don't Google for torrent - we already have sites we use for content.

Again, SOPA doesn't need a process to take a site down. A company could claim a website of copyright infringement and the site would be gone within minutes - no process at all. SImply accuse and remove.

Reactions: 2 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh. I liked Megaupload. Whenever Mediafire didn't pull through, Megaupload got the job done. Guess I'll just have to stick to the other many sites out there that are available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: