Homebrew WIP melonDS for Switch

Rickyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ooh, that's not a bad idea. Definitely something to consider for the future.
Would it be possible in the future to use the right joystick for emulating touch control? For games like metroid prime hunters, which you have to use touch controls almost always for controlling the camera even in portable mode would be very difficult to control.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible in the future to use the right joystick for emulating touch control? For games like metroid prime hunters, which you have to use touch controls almost always for controlling the camera even in portable mode would be very difficult to control.
Maybe I'll have an option to choose between joystick or gyro for docked mode. Probably won't be looking into it until the hardware renderer comes and I fix audio in docked mode though.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Why isn't audio working? I changed the audio volume and turned off mic and the audio is still not being output.
I wish I could reproduce this, but it works on my end so it's pretty tough to debug. A few other people have reported this too but it seems to work for most. Either way, the plan is to try switching to audren instead of audout for audio output, which will hopefully work better in docked mode and such. It might fix this issue too.

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if any games run full speed yet? I know there isn't a hardware renderer yet and I'm not "when eta"ing; I just got a Flip Grip and want to have some DS fun :)

Reactions: FanNintendo

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone know if any games run full speed yet? I know there isn't a hardware renderer yet and I'm not "when eta"ing; I just got a Flip Grip and want to have some DS fun :)
Some games runs quite well, some fullspeed, I mean, give it a shot, I can say Dementium for example is fullspeed :)

Canny86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can you tell me a game running fullspeed. I need to check if my settings are ok. NSMB is not playable here...

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I started testing some games and while none of them are full speed they're definitely coming along! Can't wait for the hardware renderer and future updates! Thanks OP and StapleButter!

PS: The FlipGrip is so fucking cool with this!

Reactions: atomicbomber000

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
when does it comes around ?
Who knows?
It depends on which are the interests of the developers (maybe they love ps1 over ds), and how much time they have for this work, as it is not paid as their actual jobs.
Only ways to accelerate it are: making it ourselves or pay a contribution so they can invest more time on it.

Reactions: Hydr8gon

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Who knows?
It depends on which are the interests of the developers (maybe they love ps1 over ds), and how much time they have for this work, as it is not paid as their actual jobs.
Only ways to accelerate it are: making it ourselves or pay a contribution so they can invest more time on it.
And I'll just throw this out there again: melonDS Patreon :)
Keep in mind that @StapleButter is the main person working on the emulator core and the hardware renderer, so if you want to support the project this is where to do it. All I do is port the emulator to the Switch and write the UI for that, but that's nothing compared to the work Staple's put in!

D

Deleted User

can you make a update with a way to set a root directory with is used by R4 cards or something like that.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
can you make a update with a way to set a root directory with is used by R4 cards or something like that.
As far as I know no NDS emulators support this, and I wouldn't know how to implement it. I guess it might be a useful feature for some NDS homebrew, but there's probably native Switch homebrew alternatives that would be better anyways.

D

Deleted User

As far as I know no NDS emulators support this, and I wouldn't know how to implement it. I guess it might be a useful feature for some NDS homebrew, but there's probably native Switch homebrew alternatives that would be better anyways.

Working on some pc Emulators like desmume

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.