Mention a good software that got discontinued

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Honestly a game changer for History homework! no longer did I have to go to the library in town on a weekend to borrow a book.
I own a fuckton of Encyclopaedias, anf there's a library literally next to my building.

Microsoft Encarta truly was amazing and I too stopped going to the library when my Encyclopaedias didn't had the information.

Reactions: eternal

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nero Linux
😃 This was just the core application! Just like Nero Burning ROM versions 5/6/7/8 for Windows. 😃
Not the complete load of rubbish this versatile burning app got bundled with later on → 🤮 ← Multimedia Suite or whatever these bloatware things are called.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nero Linux and Windows Movie Maker.

Both was good software but both are discontinued now :(
Windows Movie Maker was a sight to behold, one of the earliest instances of creating YouTube Poops.

😃 This was just the core application! Just like Nero Burning ROM versions 5/6/7/8 for Windows. 😃
Not the complete load of rubbish this versatile burning app got bundled with later on → 🤮 ← Multimedia Suite or whatever these bloatware things are called.
Nero 6 was the best version there was out there. Now its been bought by another company and their software has gotten a lot trashier, tons of bloatware amongst other things.

baku-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you’re familiar with MIDI sequencers, Vision for the classic Mac OS was considered to be one the greatest ones before their developer was acquired by a competitor and development shut down, to the point where some actually prefer it in all of its ancient glory compared to modern sequencing software! Supposedly the user interface is golden compared to the latter, says it’s fans, being really easy to use. You might recognize the name if you’ve sniffed around SEGA or Sony SDK documents from the 90s and looked in their sound sections.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
macOS Dashboard.

I loved it, back before it was removed in 10.15 Catalina; I had several post-its with stuff I wanted constantly on-hand, along with a few calculators and unit converters and stuff. It was great; sure, it couldn't do anything too advanced, and the stickies came in one-size-only (unlike the actual Stickies app), but the reason I preferred these widgets to the regular apps was that I could easily make them all appear/disappear by using a shortcut (move cursor to upper-right corner).

When Dashboard was removed, I stopped using stickies altogether as the Stickies app was just far too unmanageable in comparison, let alone the calculators and unit converters (I'd need to have the apps open all the time and manually switch to each window instance, or for Stickies have the constantly kept on top of other apps, when Dashboard had that easy shortcut as it was a different "Desktop" space).

Still annoyed it's gone, really; it was amazing. Should've removed Launchpad instead, as why use that thing when the Applications folder exists and you can search for apps using Spotlight? Launchpad is STILL utterly useless and worthless, yet the amazing Dashboard was trashed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F