Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
when i restore badgemngfile.dat it gives me the error: Restoring to /BadgeMngFile.dat, archive_getfilesize() ret=0x00000002, size=0x00000000 Copying failed!
@Rinnegatamante e se provo a usare sunshell ho solo un sacco di stemmi invisibili. (and if i use sunshell i just have a lot of invisible badges.)
i managed to make it work but... HOW I MAKE IT DISPLAY THE CORRECT LANGUAGE? (EVEN FOR THE SHORTCUT)

Valyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please answer me about HOW I MAKE IT DISPLAY THE CORRECT LANGUAGE? (EVEN FOR THE SHORTCUT)
This will need proper English metadata, the badge data @Februarysn0w provides is from a Japanese version of the Badge Arcade, so badge/collection names just display Japanese. If you were to get badge data from an English user to merge, it would display properly.

Same goes for launcher badges, they point to the ID for the Japanese system app, not European or American, so they won't work unless you manually edit the values to properly point to the system app.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
This will need proper English metadata, the badge data @Februarysn0w provides is from a Japanese version of the Badge Arcade, so badge/collection names just display Japanese. If you were to get badge data from an English user to merge, it would display properly.

Same goes for launcher badges, they point to the ID for the Japanese system app, not European or American, so they won't work unless you manually edit the values to properly point to the system app.
do you know someone that is european and have lot'sa badge?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

you seem knowledgeable, do you know if you can use savedatfiler to import the files or do i need something else? i don't get why its not working for me. i've tried importing the edited files 3 times now and it just changes absolutely nothing.

Valyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seem knowledgeable, do you know if you can use savedatfiler to import the files or do i need something else? i don't get why its not working for me. i've tried importing the edited files 3 times now and it just changes absolutely nothing.

Knowledgeable I am, at least with badges and themes. Can't say much about using Savedatafiler and other such CFW-related things for the purpose of badges, though. There's always extdata_dump, a .3dsx app for it that might be easier to use. Give it this pastebin config.txt for dumping and restoring just BadgeMngFile and BadgeData.

What app should I use to import the BadgeData.dat and BadgeMngFile.dat?

Well, what I just said above.

Last edited by Valyou,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Knowledgeable I am, at least with badges and themes. Can't say much about using Savedatafiler and other such CFW-related things for the purpose of badges, though. There's always extdata_dump, a .3dsx app for it that might be easier to use. Give it this pastebin config.txt for dumping and restoring just BadgeMngFile and BadgeData.

i prefer sunshell because extada_dump does not work for me. yes i pastet that config.txt

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

well im using rxtools emunand 10.3 i have no idea how i'd use homebrew on it. all i got are CIA's. which is why i asked the guy who did it in emunand first but he seems to have run off.

oh and your pastebin link is broken, i think i have the config file already though so no biggy.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Valyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im using rxtools emunand 10.3 i have no idea how i'd use homebrew on it. all i got are CIA's. which is why i asked the guy who did it in emunand first but he seems to have run off.

oh and your pastebin link is broken, i think i have the config file already though so no biggy.

The pastebin link is broken and Sunshell gives me a black screen with a green point in the corner... :hateit::gun: :cry::whip:

Man, I could use not doing everything at the same time, fixed the link.

As for Sunshell, it's an odd beast to install, just throwing it onto your SD and calling it a day isn't enough. Check the readme file.

Reactions: dimmidice

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from target to yours, using pastewrite.
3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and copy it to yours, using pastewrite once again.
4. Save the BadgeMngFile.dat.
5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

In step 3, do I paste it after my last line, or over everything after 3E8?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F