'Metro Exodus' Delayed

metro exodus.JPG

The next installment in the Metro video game series, Metro Exodus, was set to release sometime in 2018. However, in a press release today, Deep Silver and 4A Games announced that the game will be delayed to Q1 2019.

In the announcement, the developers mentioned that development of Metro Exodus is progressing well and that they "are all really excited by what [they] are seeing". To the fans who were expecting to play the game this year, they had the following to say:

We have been constantly reviewing the games progress to ensure that we deliver a product that gamers and fans of the Metro series want and deserve, as well as keeping an eye on announcements from our competitor products. We want everyone to be able to experience what is the most ambitious Metro game to date at its absolute best. We know that this will be disappointing news for fans that had hoped to play the game this year, but also know that you will appreciate the results that this additional development time and new release date will bring.

In the same press release, the developers confirmed that some exclusive, brand new gameplay will be showcased at E3 in June. Stay tuned for E3 on GBAtemp as we will be attending the event yet again this year!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Not surprised at all. the lack of footage and information already proved that they want to invest more time on it, thanks to the feedback received by the fans.
I'm glad they at the very least gonna show some brand new gameplay in E3, but I do wonder in which conference they'll show it...
Whatever's the case, as a fan myself, I can wait :)

Last edited by RedoLane,

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sad :sad: but if since aforementioned delay is needed for a polished experience I guess I can't complain too much

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Between this and Shenmue III being delayed, are we going to get ANYTHING to play this year? Or will 2018 be the drought year where everything gets delayed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste