Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuzu has terrible distorted sound
Ryujinx has terrible missing textures
Both tend to crash

Post any workarounds here
There wont be any work arounds. Don't expect perfect emulation on new titles. Pokemon PLA and SV should have taught you that. You wont see any fixes until the emulators are updated.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

sevendash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same experience here so far. I also noticed that Yuzu's color depth looks off compared to Ryujinx, but the textures that Ryujinx is missing are the most important (ship, Samus, enemies, etc).

shark2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryujinx always crashes after loading first map. Ryujinx has been updated like 5x tonight so hopefully they are working out the bugs. After further playing i just skipped the first map room and so far so good been playing about half an hour now.

Update 1: Made it to the landing site, i tell you this is the way to play this game, between the controls and updated graphics its def more engaging than the old version. a must play through for fans.

Update: 2 In the Chozo Ruins now and running pretty smooth does get laggy in boss fights etc. though.

Update 3: Finally i got a crash but I think it was cheat engine...had to have my inf missiles...

Last edited by shark2003,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yuzu is currently aware of the sound issue, which is also the cause of the crashes from what I've heard.
There's an ongoing issue report about it, and surely they'll get to fix it soon enough. I'll wait for the fix to start up the game properly actually.

sevendash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryujinx does have a working fix out currently. It's running just fine, now. You can check their github for the splinter or wait for a main update for it to be merged.

jchgc2741

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ryujinx does have a working fix out currently. It's running just fine, now. You can check their github for the splinter or wait for a main update for it to be merged.
The pull request is already merged btw. I'm playing and I only feel a little stutter when crossing rooms. Besides that, emulation is perfectly fine.

Reactions: KiiWii and keine

GBJark324

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that the game applies some sort of post-processing blur filter or internal resolution scaling?

Rendering at 4K doesn't quite look like true 4K to me. The image is still a big soft and more than expected pixel crawling in place. Or is this my imagination.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me: Wondering why none of you don't simply play it on the Switch

Also me: Metroid dread doesn't even run all that well on my 8+yo cpu, even with a 4090FE... Can't wait to get my hands on a 7950X3D to finish my new rig... so I can see the improvement in emulation speed :P

• Haha
Reactions: l7777

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that the game applies some sort of post-processing blur filter or internal resolution scaling?

Rendering at 4K doesn't quite look like true 4K to me. The image is still a big soft and more than expected pixel crawling in place. Or is this my imagination.
Why would you expect it to be "true 4k"? The switch isn't a 4k system. It will display in 1080P. Anything else via emulator is just trickery...

Maybe you want to read this. Dunno...

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runs amazing on ryujinx. Already 10 hours in, no crashes, no sound issues, no texture issues. 5950x & 3090, 4k resolution, 60fps 99% of the time, save for a tiny stutter when doors open. Looks amazing on my 77" OLED.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Me: Wondering why none of you don't simply play it on the Switch

Also me: Metroid dread doesn't even run all that well on my 8+yo cpu, even with a 4090FE... Can't wait to get my hands on a 7950X3D to finish my new rig... so I can see the improvement in emulation speed :P
me wondering why they dont just emulate it in dolphin

Reactions: elsucioKevin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You gotta work and earn it