Mewtwo DLC announced for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NOE says that it is a promotional offer period. So I am sure as fuck that it will be paid DLC.

Like I said, it will either be on the eShop later, or hackers will do it for us. They do what Nintendont.
Do it for us how? We aren't able to apply DLC to roms. And for now, it doesn't seem possible in the near future.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mewtwo was my favorite character on melee and the only reason i kept playing melee long after brawl, with mewtwo in a game again i can finally put away all my other smash games for good.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOE says that it is a promotional offer period. So I am sure as fuck that it will be paid DLC.

Do it for us how? We aren't able to apply DLC to roms. And for now, it doesn't seem possible in the near future.

How the hell should I know? Either way, it's a dick move to make people buy both versions when many aren't interested in the 3DS version.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's not a lot of interest on the 3ds version, only some 3+ million copies sold. No biggie.

I'm just saying, there are people who want one or the other, or both, but there will be people who only just want the 3DS or Wii U versions. I hope there's a DLC pack for other characters. Oh and 1080p at 60 fps confirmed http://playeressence.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-runs-in-native-1080p-resolution/ http://n4g.com/news/1609334/super-smash-bros-wii-u-runs-at-native-1080p-60fps-with-8-players

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What if there's more incoming characters than just Mewtwo, and the rest just haven't been announced yet? I doubt it'd take Sakurai 6+ months just to make one character, even if he did barely started making him.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How the hell should I know? Either way, it's a dick move to make people buy both versions when many aren't interested in the 3DS version.

It's called a marketing move. You want interest in your system to grow, then make it grow through target marketing like this. Nintendo is finally figuring out how to market.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called a marketing move. You want interest in your system to grow, then make it grow through target marketing like this. Nintendo is finally figuring out how to market.

True, and one would hope that eventually, it'll be available for those who only have one or the other. Hopefully, sales will at least not be as bad.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True, and one would hope that eventually, it'll be available for those who only have one or the other.

It most likely will be, but most likely paid for DLC or something else. Nintendo's biggest problem right now is they aren't doing enough push for the Wii U, this is actually a step in the right direction for them.

avran89

ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whine, whine, whine...

If they didn't put mewtwo in the game, they'll whine that they cut content from the game

If they did put mewtwo in the game and not make DLC they'll complain "nintendont" doesn't support their games with DLC

God forbid you pay for extra content especially in fighting games where extra fighters as DLC is a common industry practice

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It most likely will be, but most likely paid for DLC or something else. Nintendo's biggest problem right now is they aren't doing enough push for the Wii U, this is actually a step in the right direction for them.

Yes, so it is a good and right step, let's just hope that the momentum can be sustained because this game has a shitload of hype right now.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
There's absolutely nothing wrong with DLC. It's only an issue when content is ripped from a game to be used as DLC at launch.

Remember back when people bought a game and a new character came out, it would update the game with it?
Instead of having to pay 80$ then another 20$ for character packs for online

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo UK's official Twitter reads:
WARNING! Mewtwo arrives in spring 2015! Register both versions in a promotional period & get him for free!
It kinda implies that it will be a DLC character that owners of both versions recieve for free rather than being available exclusively to those people.

They wouldn't spend so much time to make a DLC character if it were only going to be available during a promotional period.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Remember back when people bought a game and a new character came out, it would update the game with it?
Instead of having to pay 80$ then another 20$ for character packs for online
No, I actually don't, except for indie games and free2play things.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I registered the Smash 3DS Club Nintendo card so not only do I get the Smash 2CD Soundtrack (I'll also need to register Smash Wii U when I get it) but also Mewtwo DLC character.

Frankly, I don't really care much about Mewtwo as I often play as Mario, Link, Pit or some other character than Mewtwo in Melee or wherever he's in.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
damnit. hell of a thing to wake up to....

once I saw that N(Sc)amco was on this project I knew paid DLC was inevitable.

This promotional period is to see how people will react to paid DLC. And the very idea of DLC in Smash Bros. If it does well and it's well received. There will be more. I can guarantee that. Mewtwo will be free for multi-platform owners but that's the only bone Nintendo will throw at them in regards to DLC.

Here's a better source: http://t.co/kPxybdRdla

Next Stop: ETA Q2 2015: Paid DLC Ice Climbers. The character that was too "advanced" for the 3DS version.

PtfcSVM.png

oh laordy I hope not.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2