SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've had minish cap crash on me a lot and had mario and luigi superstar saga crash on me as well on gbSP. Is mGBA more stable?
Yeah mGBA is more stable and better than gpSP.

I've played M&L Superstar Saga and TLOZ Minish Cap on mGBA and they work fine for me.

In what platform you are using these RetroArch cores?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have had awful experience with both cores.

mGBA is more stable but it's having sound issues and occasional "hiccups' (not sure if frame skipping?) with certain games. The latest version to work fine, for me, is the core from RetroArch 1.9.1
Beyond that I'd say, stay away.

gpSP on the other hand, I've found to have compatibility issues, some games won't load, others will play fine only to crash the emulator a few seconds later, and some roms won't even load only to crash the emulator. I've avoided gpSP since RetroArch implemented it.

Also, what platform do you plan to use RetroArch with?
Android? PC? Console?

RetroArch doesn't work the same in every available platform. I've had issues with Wii RetroArch... but everything works fine in Android and PC.

Also, when you download separate cores they comes with .info files.
Opening them with a text editor (Notepad) will list all it's features. Might be worth reading said files if you need that kind of information.

Reactions: SaulFabre

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have had awful experience with both cores.

mGBA is more stable but it's having sound issues and occasional "hiccups' (not sure if frame skipping?) with certain games. The latest version to work fine, for me, is the core from RetroArch 1.9.1
Beyond that I'd say, stay away.

gpSP on the other hand, I've found to have compatibility issues, some games won't load, others will play fine only to crash the emulator a few seconds later, and some roms won't even load only to crash the emulator. I've avoided gpSP since RetroArch implemented it.

Also, what platform do you plan to use RetroArch with?
Android? PC? Console?

RetroArch doesn't work the same in every available platform. I've had issues with Wii RetroArch... but everything works fine in Android and PC.

Also, when you download separate cores they comes with .info files.
Opening them with a text editor (Notepad) will list all it's features. Might be worth reading said files if you need that kind of information.
Yeah mGBA is more stable and better than gpSP.

I've played M&L Superstar Saga and TLOZ Minish Cap on mGBA and they work fine for me.

In what platform you are using these RetroArch cores?

I'm playing it on steam deck. Emudeck version (not the steam version) if that matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT