Michael Bay says 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' are aliens,

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Obviously they crash-landed here on Earth in search of the all-powerful pizzabox owned by some nerd who's trying to sell it on e-bay.

Cue OVER 9000 explosions.

THE END

Duh.

Owait... that was transformers.

So... what's Bay smokin?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Changing the Origin-Story for such a beloved franchise is very very risky... I personally don't like where this is going, since I always thought the mutation of the four turtles and other creatires was one of the best aspects of TMNT!

Also when I read this I immediately thought about Leela from Futurama because of the mutant-alien-thing :P

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I died a little inside, i hope this film destroys his career. I really do.

Michael Bay has a career? I didn't know he had enough dendrites in his brain to direct, much less label it as a career.

When millions of people will pay you millions of dollars for a piece of crap, it's easy to have a career.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/celebrities/michael-bay-tells-mutant-ninja-turtles-fans-to-chill-after-comment-on-origin-of-turtle-power/2012/03/20/gIQA47NEQS_story.html?tid=pm_entertainment_pop

He wants us to take a chill pill, lol.

Anyways, he should name it Teenage Alien Intergalatic Ninja Turtles, also known as T.A.I.N.T.

Reactions: 1 person

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles.

If they're aliens and not mutants, then both the title and subject are wrong.

This is not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This is an entirely new movie that is ultimately similar but not the series we love. Move along and pretend it's not supposed to be the same thing.

Anyways, he should name it Teenage Alien Intergalatic Ninja Turtles, also known as T.A.I.N.T.

Or Teenage Intergalactic Taijutsu Turtle Yuppies.

14vmow2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.washingto...tertainment_pop

Robbie Rist, who voiced the character Michelangelo in the original 1990 live-action film adaptation, said Monday in a Facebook message that Bay is “sodomizing” the original movies and causing “the r@pe of our childhood memories.”

I lol'd so hard at that part.

If Bay was working closely with the original writers, they could probably tell him right away that the ninja turtles were normal turtles before getting hit with radioactive ooze.
AKA they aren't freakin' aliens ever...
if anything, they're xmen mutants.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.washingto...tertainment_pop

Robbie Rist, who voiced the character Michelangelo in the original 1990 live-action film adaptation, said Monday in a Facebook message that Bay is “sodomizing” the original movies and causing “the r@pe of our childhood memories.”

I lol'd so hard at that part.

If Bay was working closely with the original writers, they could probably tell him right away that the ninja turtles were normal turtles before getting hit with radioactive ooze.
AKA they aren't freakin' aliens ever...
if anything, they're xmen mutants.

I can't believe some of the other actors are supporting him. Sure we haven't seen the script, but come on, the only alien that should be in a TMNT movie is Krang. It's clear he's not working closely with the original writers. The only thing I can think of, is that they get turned into aliens or something, but even then, that's dumb as shit too.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The Turtles sold out in the 80s when they gave them all coloured headbands and turned them into kid-friendly Jar Jar Binks type characters, people are a bit late to complain about their canon being changed and them not bring true to their roots.

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Turtles sold out in the 80s when they gave them all coloured headbands and turned them into kid-friendly Jar Jar Binks type characters, people are a bit late to complain about their canon being changed and them not bring true to their roots.

Except they were still earthborn turtles who were in ooze back during that time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    startthematch @ startthematch: Anyone in uere