Migrating cracked game to Steam

reimiux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Ok, so after i do all of this and when i press install it just downloads it (13gb). Its gta iv. I was always using this method on other games like cs go, unturned, gta v ages ago so i know how to do it.. But why doesnt it work on gta iv I cant figure it out.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ok, so after i do all of this and when i press install it just downloads it (13gb). Its gta iv. I was always using this method on other games like cs go, unturned, gta v ages ago so i know how to do it.. But why doesnt it work on gta iv I cant figure it out.
ok, if it's gta IV (the 4th one) i have it and i will go ahead, download and try it..

Reactions: reimiux

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@reimiux i think i may had found your problem

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV
this is the default path.
inside that there are 2 folders, one named GTAIV, other installers.
so the actuall game files are located inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV
i think the problem you got is basically, you where copying the game files inside the "Grand Theft Auto IV"

so basically you will find the GTAIV.exe file here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\GTAIV.exe

Reactions: reimiux

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Start download, move files of pirated game over, restart Steam, wait for some files to finish downloading, verify integrity of game files and done.
I did that with GTA IV.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Start download, move files of pirated game over, restart Steam, wait for some files to finish downloading, verify integrity of game files and done.
I did that with GTA IV.
read my post the page before, that method doesn't kite work anymore, you have to put the files before the install, steam before installing now checks if you got the files in the place
i did tried that method you said, doesn't kite work, it will keep downloading lol

reimiux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Good job man! Yesterday i tried naming it GTAIV cuz it is called GTAIV while u are downloading the game in steam but it didnt worked, never thought that it could be like that. Thanks a lot! Maybe someone will need this! You just saved us 29gb of internet and a lot of time! And if anyone wanna do this with episodes from liberty do the same thing but first create a folder named Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes from Liberty City and inside create a folder named EFLC and then paste all the files inside of EFLC folder.

Last edited by reimiux,

reimiux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Can anyone tell me how to make a working shortcut in Steam for the "Windows 10 Edition" of Minecraft? Nothing works for me.

Dont ask questions not related to this post but i will tell you how.
1.Open C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages
2.Find the package name of the app you want to open (it should be Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe)
3.Open either C:\Program Files\WindowsApps<APP TO OPEN> Or <DISK>:\WindowsApps<APP TO OPEN>

First go to yours start menu and find minecraft win 10 edition. Right click it and press create shortcut. Then go to steam and press Add game in bottom left of ur screen. Then press add non steam game.

Ok forget it i cant find the answer either. Just play normal mc on steam or whatever. We should delete our posts. Not related here. Create your own thread.

Last edited by reimiux,

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Can anyone tell me how to make a working shortcut in Steam for the "Windows 10 Edition" of Minecraft? Nothing works for me.
minecraft 10 edition is an "app", apps are kite different... specially when the desktop refuses to give you links and doesn't let you acess the apps folder
search on google "windows app shortcut in steam" there are several workarounds... for example creating .bat and launch this bat..

i created a shortcut for the calculator in my desktop, in steam added a random app, then edited the properties to this shortcut, while it works, it nags you with a "failled to launch" message

Reactions: Jayro

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
The trick here is to make steam think you already downloaded the full game
First start your download so you know where the game files go.
Search in google for "game name" app_manifest, place it in the "steamapps" folder.
Cancel the download, close steam.
Copy your game (yes copy! because if files are corrupted steam will delete them) to the correct folder in "steamapps"
Open steam, try to download the game and steam will begin verifing the cache and download any missing files
Sauce: living with a 128kb/s internet for 4 yrs

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The trick here is to make steam think you already downloaded the full game
First start your download so you know where the game files go.
Search in google for "game name" app_manifest, place it in the "steamapps" folder.
Cancel the download, close steam.
Copy your game (yes copy! because if files are corrupted steam will delete them) to the correct folder in "steamapps"
Open steam, try to download the game and steam will begin verifing the cache and download any missing files
Sauce: living with a 128kb/s internet for 4 yrs
read posts above, op already solved it, it was just a case where OP was copying to the wrong folder
that's no longer necessary. you don't require "any trick"
all you have to do is copy the game folder into the right folder and select to install the game, steam will automatically enter in discovering files mode where it checks if the files you got are correct

and actually, i never needed to use the app_manifest... before i just had to pause the install, paste files over and check to verify
unless, you used the app_manifest to skip every checks?

styxwretch

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
because you very likely doing something wrong...
when you install a game, steam verifies if you got any of the files so you don0t have to download them again...

btw,
i am confused, it's grand theft auto V or IV ?
this still works for elden ring, it start discovering file
you need to have the spaces for the cracked files, and required spaces for steam to initiate install elden ring,
Copy the file to commonapps/gamefile location, then initiate install

styxwretch

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@reimiux
it appears i was giving wrong information... (my method is outdated, worked before the temp\downlaoding folders stuff)

i did this method with another game and it works wonderfully:
unninstall gta in the steam games list.
copy the "cracked" version into the steamapps\common folder (in my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common)
click to install the game, the window to install will appear, make sure the directory is correct (in my case is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam)
the steam client will start a process of discovering the files. if you putted it in the right place with right names, it will do it's job and find the games.

the cracked files will be marked as "corrupted" and the steam client will re-downloading theese "missing files"
I followed this and it started discovering files and downloading start at 70%, thank you!
Before starting you need to place your files in common apps folder where you want to install the file, like the other game location, you need extra space to initiate the installation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1