PS5 commercial backups are now booting on jailbroken systems

I7cnmYnnMr.jpg

PlayStation 5 homebrew scene modder @LightningMods_ has shown the first commercial PS5 games running on their jailbroken console with console firmware version 4.03.

As seen in the above Tweet, Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition has been shown to boot successfully on their modified console. They have also shown The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience booting but have explicitly stated that this required a "crack" to do so, but further details are unknown at this time.

Currently only PlayStation 5 consoles that are on firmware version 4.51 or lower are susceptible to the current jailbreak methods.

We will be following this news and will keep you updated with developments as they happen.

:arrow: Source

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was pretty quick. The ps4 and ps3 took longer.
I think it was the same thing that happened with the Switch: The software is similar as the last gen. The 3DS and Switch share a lot of similarities under the hood, winch made development a lot easier. The same thing applies to the PS4 & PS5. I've heared that even the Xbox One/Series consoles are vuenable to the same exploit as the PS5/PS4 but there is no motivation to hack those, thanks to Devmode.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it was the same thing that happened with the Switch: The software is similar as the last gen. The 3DS and Switch share a lot of similarities under the hood, winch made development a lot easier. The same thing applies to the PS4 & PS5. I've heared that even the Xbox One/Series consoles are vuenable to the same exploit as the PS5/PS4 but there is no motivation to hack those, thanks to Devmode.
The problem with the ps4 vs PS5 was the increased hyper visor security. You needed to break it to be able to play games.

So it wasn't as easy as just one exploit but multiple

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In before all of the "That's why I have TWO PS5's!!!" comments, and before all of the "Garbage PS5 has no games!" people get all excited with "Time to buy a PS5!!!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright