Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For all we know they might not even look at any of that, its currently all speculation as of right now. I am sure we will know in a few months if people get bans or not.
Yeah I feel like it might be TOO specific and they might just see that you're hardcore on a single game somehow.
Wait & see, I'm already seeing a lot of people talking about the thing without mentioning the ban risks so I guess it shouldn't take too long to see people complaining

Reactions: Subtle Demise

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The original boot as slow as the dump on MigFlash ;)
Post automatically merged:

i have it for free, for testing purpose.

Only XCI file, without any certificate or "initialData.bin" wont boot at all.
Same with superXCI... Sma with nro or NSP transform in XCI.

Actualy i only have one physical game. I have to test a certificate swap. I read it's work...
A youtuber boot MK8 with Hogward certificate.
But he need to keep the "initialdata.bin" file to keep the game boot.

I test my own XCI dump, but also, a XCI download from internet, the same game.
It's work... the XCI are perfectly the same.
Initialdata.bin are unique for a game (not cardrige)
Certificate are unique (per cardrige)
Make a ticketless nsp dump and convert that to xci. You can't just convert a normal nsp as the conversion tools don't copy the tik file when converting so the game can't decrypt. If you make a ticketless dump you don't need to worry about that.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Nintendo will wait until things pick up and then drop the update, effectively leaving people with the choice of staying offline and not updating or making the device useless.
Maybe they are waiting to get they're Mig in the mail like everyone else. Then they will put they're Ninjas to work on reverse engineering it.

jddgamer1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't update to a firmware that blocks it? And once again, it'll be a cart ban not a console ban
Are you sure about that? If a lot of people are online at the same time with same cert they'll all get console banned and as far as I know Nintendo doesn't care if you get console banned. They permanently banned no exceptions.

jddgamer1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a banned cartdrige can lead to a console ban.
Which is one of the reasons I won't buy a used game or allow anyone borrow my games. I'm not risking ban. Though I am pretty confident Nintendo will be able to detect the cards in an update. All they have to do is have an update to scan the card and check if the card has multiple games.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure about that? If a lot of people are online at the same time with same cert they'll all get console banned and as far as I know Nintendo doesn't care if you get console banned. They permanently banned no exceptions.
cart ban would be very nice of Nintendo, maybe they might give chance to the console but the user probably won't know they were using up the chances they were given, maybe Nintendo can be nicer and let the user know how many chances they have left, maybe Nintendo may decide to account ban and console ban, that would be nasty

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is one of the reasons I won't buy a used game or allow anyone borrow my games. I'm not risking ban. Though I am pretty confident Nintendo will be able to detect the cards in an update. All they have to do is have an update to scan the card and check if the card has multiple games.
There is no chance of that, the whole idea is to be identical to the cart, Switch will only see one at a time and each one just like what it was copied from, if the MIG team did it right Nintendo has no possibility of detecting the clone and no amount of firmware update can change that ( not any more likely that you door can detect a duplicated key )

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
sorry seems my English is poor, "Can" is a possibility, If you read the terms of use of the big N service the use of NOT AUTHORIZED devices CAN lead on a end of the service.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to link any examples
MIG is just getting into the hands of would be creators of banned cart. Once you get yours and if you have access to two Switch you can try getting your cart banned ( also risking your two Switch getting banned ). Don't borrow Switch from your friend or you may be risking your friendship.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: