Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

jddgamer1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no chance of that, the whole idea is to be identical to the cart, Switch will only see one at a time and each one just like what it was copied from, if the MIG team did it right Nintendo has no possibility of detecting the clone and no amount of firmware update can change that ( not any more likely that you door can detect a duplicated key )
Then innocent people are going to get banned. Someone buys a used game, rents a game via gamefly, or borrows a friends game and distributes the cert without their knowledge this card and dumper may have a big impact. It's not fair to ban innocent people.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then innocent people are going to get banned. Someone buys a used game, rents a game via gamefly, or borrows a friends game and distributes the cert without their knowledge this card and dumper may have a big impact. It's not fair to ban innocent people.
If you got scammed the bank won't say you are innocent and give you back the money the scammer took from your account.

It's all about trust when it comes to lending your game cart to friend, it is not unheard of that friend don't return what they borrowed, lost it, damaged it, or just decided to keep it for good. The friend that dump your cart is in the same category.

Nintendo never like the activities that you have listed and is very much going to be happy to see them gone with no blood on their hands.

Nintendo has very little to loose from MIG. Won't be that surprise if they are behind MIG if they can be assured of not getting caught doing it. I expect users of MIG going to be limited to people making backup of original cart that they bought and if they don't have MIG the chance of them buying more than one is very low. Trusted friends sharing game cart or game copy probably also come to the same, these group of friends won't buy more if they didn't have MIG.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

jddgamer1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got scammed the bank won't say you are innocent and give you back the money the scammer took from your account.
Banks do chargebacks all the time
Post automatically merged:

This still going to affect gamefly and libraries that rent out games. The whole purpose of them to use a legal way of playing games on the cheap so if people copy the games you'll be risking getting banned by Nintendo someone tell me how that is fair? Nintendo needs to change their measures as console banning people just because they have cloned cards is not fair.

Last edited by jddgamer1991,

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banks do chargebacks all the time
Post automatically merged:

This still going to affect gamefly and libraries that rent out games. The whole purpose of them to use a legal way of playing games on the cheap so if people copy the games you'll be risking getting banned by Nintendo someone tell me how that is fair? Nintendo needs to change their measures as console banning people just because they have cloned cards is not fair.
It's also not fair that you have to pay(online subscription) to have your game save backed up.

jddgamer1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also not fair that you have to pay(online subscription) to have your game save backed up.
None of what you are saying compares to the potential rented gamefly game, borrowed game, library game situation. They can't just console ban innocent people because of a cloned card. Nitntendo has to say something rather than keeping silent.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of what you are saying compares to the potential rented gamefly game, borrowed game, library game situation. They can't just console ban innocent people because of a cloned card. Nitntendo has to say something rather than keeping silent.
Maybe customer support will give chance when you plead your innocence, I expect that to be limited.
Maybe Nintendo will give a warning, also expect that to be limited.

So what if they do the above, will you still be stopping from renting and lending/borrowing from casual friends? Maybe stop after the first encounter from Nintendo warn/ban?

neko_koneko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just pre-ordered one. Hopefully, as the site says, it will make CFW management a bit easier. If I have the MiG Switch, and use it with my modded Switch with nxdumptool, will I not really need to mess with anything else like partitions, updates, etc.?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just pre-ordered one. Hopefully, as the site says, it will make CFW management a bit easier. If I have the MiG Switch, and use it with my modded Switch with nxdumptool, will I not really need to mess with anything else like partitions, updates, etc.?
So far it WILL NO MAKE THE CFW easier, so far MIG have nothing to do with CFW, the device only emulate a physical cartridge.

Reactions: neko_koneko

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May be if there is any hidden not used so far interaction between Lotus3 and cartridge a new firmware could activate it and render the MIG inoperative, but then a new MIG firmware could enable that function.
this is just going to be cat and mouse again like it was with the team xecuter products. updates will come along if necessary

Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland

it also works with the switch cart switcher, it seems there is queue to go the last game.

That "Made in Russia" immediately put me off to do not care about this cart.
Does it taste like a real switch cart?
I wouldn't do that if you don't like the taste of polonium-210.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have CFW this will do nothing for you. Might as well donate your money to the needy.

AlM2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Do we have to always put in and out the migswitch to play the right game? Or is it just a one-time process for the icons to appear, and then you run any games from the home screen!?

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Even banning the cart itself may not be that easy. Let's suppose i buy a used game, the previous owner dumped it but never used the dump. My original cart works online for a while, then the previous owner decides to use the dump and my cart suddenly gets banned for no apparent reason. i contact nintendo and they say the cart was banned because it was copied and is being used on more than one system or something like that.

From a legal standpoint i did nothing wrong, i have a genuine cart with a genuine license and the legal rights to play that title.
There is also no way to verify if a cart might be banned or dumped before purchase.

Legally i don't think nintendo can revoke those rights as long as i have the physical cart to prove ownership?
Has any system used individual certificates before? Have physical games ever been banned before?

Would really like to hear the opinion of someone that knows how this might play legally.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legally i don't think nintendo can revoke those rights as long as i have the physical cart to prove ownership?
Has any system used individual certificates before? Have physical games ever been banned before?

Would really like to hear the opinion of someone that knows how this might play legally.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/caution-nintendo-now-banning-physical-game-carts.508168/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-type-of-error-is-this-see-picture-below.516611/

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

This was a misconcepcion though. The cart was not banned, but it was actually SX OS not handling carts with the ORIGINAL (self dump) certifications, which was fixed with update 1.1. So right nwo we don't know if cards are actually getting banned. They would if two people used it at the same time, which does create an issue for rented cards and second hand ones.

Thanks for linking that thread, missed it before, but still it seems no carts were banned and it was an sx os bug at the time?
Didn't find any example of someone having bought a banned cart too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them...