Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this real? Just found this on X.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 134515.png

When you compare both pics, you can tell that one is fake. Photo shop.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't really fit the size on the scratching
I thought so too, looks photoshopped. It would be sad if somebody ruined their MIG Switch by replacing the chips over.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so I'm not following this thread without sharing my two cents...

I don't get the point of faking the chips. Eventually, everybody will have access to the Mig Switch and therefore know what exactly is being used. It just seems like they're trying to delay the inevitable to me.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just so I'm not following this thread without sharing my two cents...

I don't get the point of faking the chips. Eventually, everybody will have access to the Mig Switch and therefore know what exactly is being used. It just seems like they're trying to delay the inevitable to me.
I mean if someone crack the .s2 file, they already will have all the info. Plus they need to open the .s2 anyway to find that info needed to emulate the cartridge

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Need the initialdata.bin too.
So are useless or you can extract 'initial data' from a scene xci?
Post automatically merged:

I remember at the beginning of the Nintendo Switch hacking scene, the tests indicated that the unique certificates were interchangeable, obviously 2 identical certificates online would ring alarm bells and lead to the ban of both console serials. If, with the advent of the migswitch, certificates began to circulate, it would be a massacre
If so, this explains why Mig Team ha released this card in the endlife of Switch.

pinkbeetle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
View attachment 414932
When you compare both pics, you can tell that one is fake. Photo shop.
The one on the left looks like it could be lattice ICE40UP5, the one on the right could be Expressive ESP32S2, the retail for both of them together is like 11$, if bought in large quantities it would be much much less I suppose. We could expect Chinese knockoffs for half the price in 2 or 3 months, since the margin on them is so high.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory, if you did this offline, then ejected the cart, then went back online, wouldn't there be red flags transmitted that you did this? Telementry saved and sent? (ban) I know it all speculation still right now.
I suppose if you used a known pirated copy it is technically possible for Nintendo to catch you when you go online as it is possible to remember every cart played on the console but I have close to 100% confident that they won't do it. Anyway you are going to only use your person original copy right? There is no way Nintendo can do to detect a perfect clone other than seeing two appearing online at the same time.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I suppose if you used a known pirated copy it is technically possible for Nintendo to catch you when you go online as it is possible to remember every cart played on the console but I have close to 100% confident that they won't do it. Anyway you are going to only use your person original copy right? There is no way Nintendo can do to detect a perfect clone other than seeing two appearing online at the same time.
Or get telemetry data that can get flagged as well

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine there is a few ways to see a Mig, one is does your console constantly play duplicated certificates, and then pair that with data on how fast titles switch if they gather that, maybe pair that data with the constant use of duplicated certificates. If you have a console that only plays duplicate certs and switches games quickly, it would be a console using a Mig. But maybe they have easier ways. We will have to wait and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?