Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

sKoMo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Only dumped physical retail games will work.
Ok thanks! So, sadly, it's not a complete backup tool for me.

I wish the new "Switch 2" will support original Switch games, so i can mod my Lite to dump all my titles amd keep it offline

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish the new "Switch 2" will support original Switch games
Too bad the Switch 2 will never release. :rofl2:

So i can mod my Lite to dump all my titles amd keep it offline
A modchipped Switch is better than a flashcart. The Mig Switch is a straight-up scam.

Reactions: impeeza

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
A modchipped Switch is better than a flashcart. The Mig Switch is a straight-up scam.
They do everything to make it look like it works like the flash cards we know from the DS (maybe 3DS, but things were going downhill already) and before, which it just doesn't. Their marketing is dishonest, that's what I would say. With its limitations it's a product that should never have been made. It has all the ingredients to cause a whole lot of trouble, should Nintendo decide to escalate.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They do everything to make it look like it works like the flash cards we know from the DS (maybe 3DS, but things were going downhill already) and before, which it just doesn't. Their marketing is dishonest, that's what I would say. With its limitations it's a product that should never have been made. It has all the ingredients to cause a whole lot of trouble, should Nintendo decide to escalate.
It does ruin the point of being a one-all-solve solution, being the fact that you need the dumper to be able to make physical backups of your games before loading them into the Mig Switch. They tried to compensate for this by releasing their own utility for the Switch, which does the same thing but still requires a modded console to do so.

I find this to be quite a disappointing announcement; it was too little, too late. Modchips are easily accessible and can be installed (if you have a good amount of soldering skills), while being able to do much more, such as homebrew and running unsigned game backups. They did the same thing when Stargate came around, when 3DS flashcarts started to become obsolete thanks to CFW.

Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Important: DON'T BUY or USE a MIG Switch, its been reported that some users had their consoles banned due to them dumping their own personal certificates. Also, beware when buying from local resellers or 2nd-hand markets.

EDIT: This is just a rumor from what I could tell. But bear in mind, that using second-hand games that were dumped beforehand, could get you banned.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: xtrem3x and BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hear (and after able to stand the voice) the original audio track. That guy say s: i am not sure i am only telling thing i heard but no body is sure, is a remote possibility.... So more hoax to the pack
Sooo just another clickbait YouTuber who spouts off nonsense for the views before actually doing any research

Nothing new here

tewiha6221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banned unmodded console can at least still receive game updates from other switches, for what it's worth. you wont be able to get game dlc anymore, but if you have access to a modded console you can download updates online and install it on it, and share them to the banned unmodded console so you can at least get updates and bug fixes for games.

you might think why bother if you could just play the games directly on modded switch, but it's nice for if you prefer the Lite form factor for instance, or wanted to benefit from the better battery life and/or oled screen of the newer models compared to the v1. or maybe you dont actually own a modded switch, a friend does.

ofc this only works if the ticket for the update is genuine and hasn't been tampered with... which a certain popular installer intentionally does ;P

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banned unmodded console can at least still receive game updates from other switches, for what it's worth. you wont be able to get game dlc anymore, but if you have access to a modded console you can download updates online and install it on it, and share them to the banned unmodded console so you can at least get updates and bug fixes for games.

you might think why bother if you could just play the games directly on modded switch, but it's nice for if you prefer the Lite form factor for instance, or wanted to benefit from the better battery life and/or oled screen of the newer models compared to the v1. or maybe you dont actually own a modded switch, a friend does.

ofc this only works if the ticket for the update is genuine and hasn't been tampered with... which a certain popular installer intentionally does ;P
Doesnt the type of ban dictate if you can still get updates or not?

Its been along time so maybe my memory is just poor. But I have a vague memory of my v1 unit still being able to receive some sort of update before it got outright banned

It was either just system updates or game updates. Not both but one definitely worked for a minute while the other was broken

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Doesnt the type of ban dictate if you can still get updates or not?

Its been along time so maybe my memory is just poor. But I have a vague memory of my v1 unit still being able to receive some sort of update before it got outright banned

It was either just system updates or game updates. Not both but one definitely worked for a minute while the other was broken
A banned console is taken apart for the Big N network, so officially and normally CAN NOT DOWNLOAD any file from Big N servers, period.

A unmodded console can still play with others consoles on LAN mode, on that mode other consoles can share updates with that console.

once you mod a console you can install any DLC, Update, Softare, etc. you need.

What is the confusion?

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still haven't seen any reports about it, just the video you posted that was clickbait
Wait, was that really clickbait? Did the thumbnail intrigue you? If that's so then, I guess it might not be the case. Or what if there were cases that ban waves DID happen to some users?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: