• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Minneapolis to Abolish the Police

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the citizens in that city are armed. Thats the only protection they are gonna have. Shit is gonna turn into the wild west.
Anyone that thinks abolishing the police is a good idea consider this: Next time you need to call the cops because of a car accident,robbery, domestic violence, what ever it is, dont call them and handle it yourself. See if you can protect your family without law and order. Thats how its gonna be.

Do you really think these politicians that are responsible for these failed policies, are really gonna make something better? dont be so silly. so like i said people in that city better have some big guns and 9000 or more rounds of ammo. and they better form a militia for protection.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
but if they succeed to disband the police force, who would save the citizens if criminal anarchy rises?
I think they are planning to funnel off all the cash for the police back to themselves via shady back channel deals (yes Sarah, you can have 500 million from the old policing budget for your community "policing" centre as long as 300 million of it finds its way to notabribe inc. to do the building work) then flip town once its in crumbles and expect the federal government to come in and fix it all while they retire in Barbados with their new 4 million dollar a year consulting job for notabribe inc. keeping them in a nice comfortable life with not a thought in the world to the thousands of people who had their entire retirement plans scrapped due to their shady bs

just remember guys, these people are the people who got you where you are today, do you really trust them to actually be looking out for you this time? or would they see this as a massive opportunity to pull of the scam of their life and be able to pin all the blame on yo.

Last edited by gamesquest1,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, so citizens have to bring weapon themselves and shot thugs whenever they need or ever feel frustrated, and every kids should carry one, so they could defend from bully.
What a great idea indeed.
Slow down. I never said people need to shoot everybody down. I was saying that if everyone kept a gun with them, criminals would fear the public. The world would be a safer place.
Keep them at all times, but don't use them unless absolutely necessary.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Slow down. I never said people need to shoot everybody down. I was saying that if everyone kept a gun with them, criminals would fear the public. The world would be a safer place.
Keep them at all times, but don't use them unless absolutely necessary.
Thing I said is exactly what will happens next, if everyone carries a weapon, just like Old good West :)

Use weapon only at " necessary ", yeah sure I'm pretty sure everyone will use it when they are in real danger or at church.

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
Thing I said is exactly what will happens next, if everyone carries a weapon, just like Old good West :)

Use weapon only at " necessary ", yeah sure I'm pretty sure everyone will use it when they are in real danger or at church.

If you're in serious danger, you call the police. In the case of a shooting, the police show up with the intention of shooting the shooter. Guns protect people and there is no issue with responsible people carrying guns.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're in serious danger, you call the police. In the case of a shooting, the police show up with the intention of shooting the shooter. Guns protect people and there is no issue with responsible people carrying guns.
In the hypothetical situation where the police are abolished permanently, there will be no police to call. Leon's point is that people will be given the power to enact vengeance upon each other without accountability to authority. Ultimately there must be an authority to determine what is just and what is permissible if we are to live in a civil society. I couldn't imagine anything more destructive than rule by the mob in a big city. It would end with people forming authorities of their own and then you'll just end up with new police forces enforcing who knows what crazy rules.

Reactions: leon315

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

GLORIOUS BABY!

In the hypothetical situation where the police are abolished permanently, there will be no police to call. Leon's point is that people will be given the power to enact vengeance upon each other without accountability to authority. Ultimately there must be an authority to determine what is just and what is permissible if we are to live in a civil society. I couldn't imagine anything more destructive than rule by the mob in a big city. It would end with people forming authorities of their own and then you'll just end up with new police forces enforcing who knows what crazy rules.
YET finally i met someone who ever went to the college!

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, and this is why I don't support abolishing the police, but ultimately you can't rely on them to defend your life.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, and this is why I don't support abolishing the police, but ultimately you can't rely on them to defend your life.
I agree. It's important to be able to protect yourself. However the best deterrent to escalating violence is the threat of punishment. Once that threat is removed expect a lot more chaos.

Reactions: Iamapirate

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Police are pretty much the only thing preventing complete and total Anarchy. Without Cops, crime will sky rocket like crazy. Your city will pretty much become Syria. I hope you own a fire arm, because without Cops, NOBODY is going to defend you or deter people from attacking you. It's not a matter of if you'll become a victim, it's when.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Police are pretty much the only thing preventing complete and total Anarchy. Without Cops, crime will sky rocket like crazy. Your city will pretty much become Syria. I hope you own a fire arm, because without Cops, NOBODY is going to defend you or deter people from attacking you. It's not a matter of if you'll become a victim, it's when.
lol is America really that much of a third world?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to