Hacking Missing a step?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to give a description, brief as possible, of the stuff I've done to my Wii..

Ran BannerBomb, Installed BootMii as IOS, Installed HBC included with BootMii package.
Added TBR to sd/apps, ran it from HBC, Used IOS 36 to downgrade 15, 15 to patch 36, and 36 to restore 15.
Installed cIOS38 13rb to IOS 249. I've also tried 13a, 12, and 10. (10 doesn't work.. must be too old for my Wii)
Installed Preloader.
I'm using NeoGamma R6 and WiiFlow by Hiberns.
I've also added a csm theme and some wads for WiiFlow, NeoGamma, and some loadstructor channels.
Created a NAND backup.
Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but my Wii is LU65 with v4.0u.

This setup is working wonderfully for most of my games. The only problem I am having is with the usb peripherals for Rock Band 2. I have read and followed guide after guide on how to get this working. I have heard from several people that the mere fact that I have 13rb installed should make the instruments work, but needless to say-- they don't.

I will try to explain what is happening the best I can. If I plug in the wireless dongle at the Wii menu, it blinks-- as is to be expected. When I load the game, either from disk or usb, the wireless dongle's sync light stops blinking and turns solid. This is similar to what would happen had it found an instrument. But the instrument shows no signs of communication. The round light behind the image of the instrument is illuminated, but no player is assigned. If I proceed to press the sync button on the instrument, the player lights will blinks very rapidly 2-5 times and go back to it's previous state of no lights. If I press the sync button on the wireless dongle, the light that was once glowing solid, just completely turns off-- at which time, the player lights on the instrument begin to rapidly blink as if it's lost connection to the dongle.

I've never seen how instruments react before usb support is given to them. So I can't say if this is normal "my instruments don't work because I'm missing an IOS" syndrome, or if it's something else. The instruments appear to sync, but a player is never assigned.

I have been desperately trying to figure out what I've done wrong, or what I am required to do extra to get support for my instruments. I have read the countless topics on instrument support from everyone that posts a new topic when they don't work, but I am still not able to achieve success.

If someone could possibly point me in the right direction and lead me to some method of getting my Wii to assign a player to these instruments I would be forever grateful.
Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this. =) Please respond if you have any idea what it might be.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that as well. Rev7 is too old for my Wii and if I install older revisions, it bricks HomeBrew. No apps will load-- from anywhere.

But just for the comfort of taking the extra step, I went ahead and tried it anyway. Still doesn't work though. =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol