MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,089
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 598
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 655
Last edited by blawar,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
So for now no way to get the download without connecting my switch to internet? Like i suppose the app download all the files in one folder, so any way to get that folder offline on my pc and put it manually on my switch, without having to go one by one on the tinfoil page?

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for now no way to get the download without connecting my switch to internet? Like i suppose the app download all the files in one folder, so any way to get that folder offline on my pc and put it manually on my switch, without having to go one by one on the tinfoil page?

i believe you can download levels offline and load them with the built in file browser

j82k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The file browsing function which is needed for offline installation is gone with 1.04 and there is no link to to redownload 1.03. :unsure:

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would probably have been wiser to not enable uploads of custom levels, now it will be flooded with crap. Well unless there's some filter option coming. Would rather like it to offer only the levels from Nintendo servers...

Reactions: Dichotomy754

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would probably have been wiser to not enable uploads of custom levels, now it will be flooded with crap. Well unless there's some filter option coming. Would rather like it to offer only the levels from Nintendo servers...

All of the levels at the top will be from nintendo servers anyway since its sorted by popularity. I do plan to sort them out by nintendo vs homebrew level though.

I need to find some volunteers who are willing to moderate the submissions as well ()tag them, delete low effort trash, etc).

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be a handy filter to have, it would be cool to see the difference between the general community levels and what the home-brewers can come up with.
All of the levels at the top will be from nintendo servers anyway since its sorted by popularity. I do plan to sort them out by nintendo vs homebrew level though.

I need to find some volunteers who are willing to moderate the submissions as well ()tag them, delete low effort trash, etc).
I would volunteer, but I really suck at Mario... sorry.

Thanks for fixing the sort. I do find myself switching between views pretty often. I look at thumbnail first, then name, then I want to see the difficulty rating. Some extra info on the selected tile somewhere would be useful. Maybe on like the bottom of the screen or below the name.

Last edited by Dichotomy754,

Frosthawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yesterday i tried downloading a level but when i went to launch marior maker 2 it says i have corrupted data ive reinstalled countless times, deletes saves and reformatted my sd card and it still says its corrupt worked fine before downloading the level. any fix for this ?

ViewtifulM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yesterday i tried downloading a level but when i went to launch marior maker 2 it says i have corrupted data ive reinstalled countless times, deletes saves and reformatted my sd card and it still says its corrupt worked fine before downloading the level. any fix for this ?
Occurs the same to me, reinstalled previous version 1.03 which works fine.

Vistor

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I installed the MM-LINX and install the levels perfectly, and works fine, but when I tried to make bubble playing on TV with my familia, I couldn't. I tried L + R, and different buttons combos, but nohting happened... I use .xci on sx os and last firmware of Nintendo... Why I can't make bubble?... Only appears bubble when someone dies...

AizenSousuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
So I have to install the .bcd file from the file browser right? The map appears at slot 0 but when in game, it says corrupted (map 120) but I can still play the map at slot 0.

Also, I looked at the screenshot and saw the 'install' button which is mapped to A at the map list page but my switch doesn't show the word install on the A button icon. I pressed A and it only plays a 'na-ah' sound without installing anything.

hax4dayz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why did you have to add kosmos protection. Like for real just give me the choice that i want to use this shit with kosmos. I mean i have never had the issues described in the warning

rfammon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome tool!
Here's my level I just finished polishing

I'm guessing that "Jonh Doe" is a placeholder name, since I didn't know there was a log in system.
(And yeah, the date is because of Lakka :P)

Nice level i loved the spooky theme. Bad grandma! There should be a discord for cfw community levels

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm