MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,089
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 597
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 655
Last edited by blawar,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nice level i loved the spooky theme. Bad grandma! There should be a discord for cfw community levels
Thank you for the appreciation. There is the official GBATemp Discord, but I'd like something more centralized, either a MM-LINX type Homebrew, but only for non official courses, or a website like the 3DS AR cheat website.

Reactions: Nabu27

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame that kosmos and hekate not being supported. Can't even boot it.
Why did you have to add kosmos protection. Like for real just give me the choice that i want to use this shit with kosmos. I mean i have never had the issues described in the warning
Kosmos works fine if you install the ACID patches from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/kosmos-patches-es-fs.542455/. This has been stated multiple times earlier in the thread. The only reason this is required is because tinfoil requires these patches and this uses some of the code of tinfoil.

Reactions: Dichotomy754

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unlocking super hammer and/or super flower will work under atmosphere with ES and FS patches? Or do I need ReiNX or SX OS for that? If I unlock them through story that would always work right? I saw a post earlier which stated that after injecting levels he lost one of those rewards.

Nabu27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also lost the hammer, even though using the 1.04 version, the hammer is still gone, do i have to delete my save file?

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just want to play those custom official levels so will create a backup of my save through checkpoint and inject those levels and save game in another profile. Then I can keep those unlocked power ups and have these extra levels. I want to keep an CFW install as clean as possible. Atmosphere with patches in place just works only missing ACID patches I think. But ACID patches aren't needed for this to work right?

Nabu27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the appreciation. There is the official GBATemp Discord, but I'd like something more centralized, either a MM-LINX type Homebrew, but only for non official courses, or a website like the 3DS AR cheat website.

That would be really awesome, we do really need a thread or discord kinda thing.

I liked the level too, nice design and i always like the mansion levels :)

I also made 3 levels, if anybody wants to try out, i think Warehouse Ride is my best thing for now.

https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/View/1106
https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/View/1116
https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/View/1173

acenj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can keep your save data for story mode by doing one of two things.
1) Install the levels using the file browser in mmlinx.
or
2) Dump your save and replace the quest.dat of the pack with your quest.dat then inject the level pack.
I would reccomend the first method because if you use the 2nd method then if you use mmlinx it will delete all the levels in the level pack.

I seem to be missing the file browser option in mmlinx. I am able to use the app after installing ACID patches and have downloaded some levels in the app successfully. Any thoughts why I'm missing the file browse option? The mmlinx nro is in its own folder and not with the tinfoil nro if that could be a reason.
My objective is to load some of the top 60 weekly download levels which are on the sdcard.

Last edited by acenj,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would someone mind upping these?

Edit: Nevermind. They seem to be already there. Thanks a lot! =)

Edit 2: Also @blawar and @CrisFTW you might want to consider together creating another category in MM-LINX showing only the (then) recent top weekly stages that you, CrisFTW, uploaded (thx for this btw!)

Last edited by lordelan,

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucky, I backed up my sd card before I did this. I found out that it deleted folder called bootloader.
bootloader folder is hekate and many people use hekate for nand backups and emunand.
I hope this was a error and the code need to be removed.

very great tool thou.

Yeah I had the same issue, red screen even though I am on Atmosphere. I clicked the button to delete Kosmos and then it worked. Not sure what it did since everything seems to work the same as before I clicked it.

Reactions: hippy dave

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lucky, I backed up my sd card before I did this. I found out that it deleted folder called bootloader.
bootloader folder is hekate and many people use hekate for nand backups and emunand.

very great tool thou.
lol c'mon, don't tell me this homebrew automatically removes hekate. That would be just ... wow ...

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be missing the file browser option in mmlinx. I am able to use the app after installing ACID patches and have downloaded some levels in the app successfully. Any thoughts why I'm missing the file browse option? The mmlinx nro is in its own folder and not with the tinfoil nro if that could be a reason.
My objective is to load some of the top 60 weekly download levels which are on the sdcard.
Do you have the latest version? 1.03 added the file browser so you might be on 1.02 or below.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

very great tool thou.
Jesus, I knew it removed cfw files (with a warning/confirmation), but didn't know it deleted a whole folder with contents that obviously include backups - and settings, other payloads, any number of other files that are the user's own damn business (not mentioned in the warning afaik). Malware intensifies.

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: ELY_M

Jedeitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just out of curiosity which custom firmware are you using?

Atmos, but it doesn't seem to be a cfw problem. Another guy in this thread commented that he had to go back to version 1.03 to recover the file browser. Problem is that version 1.03 doesn't seem to be available to download.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have the latest version? 1.03 added the file browser so you might be on 1.02 or below.

1.03 added the file browser and it seems that 1.04 removed it.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmos, but it doesn't seem to be a cfw problem. Another guy in this thread commented that he had to go back to version 1.03 to recover the file browser. Problem is that version 1.03 doesn't seem to be available to download.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1.03 added the file browser and it seems that 1.04 removed it.

I have 1.04 and it has file browser. Might be a cfw issue. Try reinx

ryanstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

very great tool thou.
I have to amend what I said earlier, I shut down my Switch to put some stuff on the SD card, and when I tried to reboot, it appears that fusee primary and the Atmosphere files were deleted when I had to press Y to "delete Kosmos" that I don't have. Luckily I wasn't on the latest version anyway, so it gave me the push to update. However, I would have been quite upset if I had been out of the house and would not have been able to boot my Switch. This is a major issue that needs to be addressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro