Modded Switch stuck on Nintendo Logo screen.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Atmosphere 1.5.4, i don't know what system version the switch is at. Before it all, i tried playing a game and i just gave me a prompt about checking something i don't remember if it was software or system, So i decide to update Atmosphere and everything, and i download the latest of everything and when i inject the payload it just boots into the "Nintendo Switch" logo on the screen and never progresses past that point. The non-hacked part of the console boots up fine.

I've look up a few places to find a solution to this and none is specific to my modded console, just unmodded switches with the problem.

Last edited by filtering_generic,
  • Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "never progressing"? Does it go back into RCM, does it just turn off, or does it just stay on that screen?
Before it would boot up normally and quickly form the logo. After i get to the logo It doesn't turn off, it doesn't go back to RCM, it just stays on the "Nintendo Switch" logo screen until i turn it off.

Edit: i just tried it again and got an error. Title ID: 010000000000002b and Error std:abort (0xffe)

Edit 2: I found a fix for the error:

title id 0100000000000002b is called erpt-sysmodule. That module has a save which resides in SYSTEM partition. That save got somehow corrupted.
So to fix this:
Get NxNandManager and mount your SYSTEM partition. Delete the file /saves/80000000000000d1. Done! That file will be recreated when the switch boots.

Edit 3: i tired that and it still stuck at the "Nintendo Switch" logo.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before it would boot up normally and quickly form the logo. After i get to the logo It doesn't turn off, it doesn't go back to RCM, it just stays on the "Nintendo Switch" logo screen until i turn it off.

Edit: i just tried it again and got an error. Title ID: 010000000000002b and Error std:abort (0xffe)

Edit 2: I found a fix for the error:

title id 0100000000000002b is called erpt-sysmodule. That module has a save which resides in SYSTEM partition. That save got somehow corrupted.
So to fix this:
Get NxNandManager and mount your SYSTEM partition. Delete the file /saves/80000000000000d1. Done! That file will be recreated when the switch boots.

Edit 3: i tired that and it still stuck at the "Nintendo Switch" logo.
Do you have a custom theme? If so, disable it. It could be interfering with your Switch.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling Atmosphere.
i deleted my Atmosphere folder and reinstalled Atmosphere 1.5.4., hakate 6.0.5, the sigpatches and it's still stuck at the "Nintendo Switch" logo screen. However Something different happened this time though, it wouldn't turn on normally when i hit the power button once, and just now trying to turn it on normally just shows the Nintendo logo and then a black screen and it doesn't go into the non-hacked side of the console like it would normally, maybe it's turning off or maybe it's suspended, i don't know. i have to hold the power button down and the volume + button to get into hekate (i would normally just push power and volume + down once) and once i start the CFW it just leads into the "Nintendo Switch" logo until i turn it off.

Evildood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you get to the black screen plug into pc with rcmgui and see if you can push the new version of fusee that came with the atmosphere you're using.

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i deleted my Atmosphere folder and reinstalled Atmosphere 1.5.4., hakate 6.0.5, the sigpatches and it's still stuck at the "Nintendo Switch" logo screen. However Something different happened this time though, it wouldn't turn on normally when i hit the power button once, and just now trying to turn it on normally just shows the Nintendo logo and then a black screen and it doesn't go into the non-hacked side of the console like it would normally, maybe it's turning off or maybe it's suspended, i don't know. i have to hold the power button down and the volume + button to get into hekate (i would normally just push power and volume + down once) and once i start the CFW it just leads into the "Nintendo Switch" logo until i turn it off.
You're not using AutoRCM. Either that, or some hard mod is installed.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you get to the black screen plug into pc with rcmgui and see if you can push the new version of fusee that came with the atmosphere you're using.
When i get into hakate and click the payloads and choose fusee, i just get stuck on the Nintendo Switch logo screen.

You're not using AutoRCM. Either that, or some hard mod is installed.
I used https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ to softmod the switch, i'm just using regular RCM

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this caused it but i would leave it charging on the dock almost 24/7. I removed the sdcard and it actually booted to the Nintendo logo without me having to hold the power button but that is as far as it got before it either turned off or stayed on a black screen, when trying to boot normally into OFW.

I recommend using AutoRCM because you don't need a jig every time you want to boot into RCM.
I'll take that into account, thank you.

Quafflesz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me after updating. I made sure to update Hekate, Atmosphere and deleted any sysmodules. It actually worked after I took the Mario Kart cartridge out of my switch, so maybe you should try turning nogc off if it is on

Evildood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup your SD then delete everything except nintendo folder and reinstall atmosphere clean from the latest release
OMG IT WORKED!!!! I got passed the dreaded Nintendo Logo and into CFW, my switch powers on without having to hold down the power button, even though everything but hulu is missing.

1) what folder do i need to copy to get my games back?

2) why did this work, do i need a bigger or faster sdcard?

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG IT WORKED!!!! I got passed the dreaded Nintendo Logo and into CFW, my switch powers on without having to hold down the power button, even though everything but hulu is missing.

1) what folder do i need to copy to get my games back?

2) why did this work, do i need a bigger or faster sdcard?
Nintendo folder. That's the culprit. Hulu was installed to system memory, everything else was installed to your SD card's Nintendo folder.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i looked for the folder in my backup with the largest file size, because that should have my games, and it's a folder called "emuMMC" it's like 307 gb and i copy it over and when i try to boot into CFW i get stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo screen again.

Should i just download and install all the games all over again? What if the same thing happens where the console gets stuck that the logo screen at the end of all the installing? Or is there a way to salvage the games backup? Or is it a problem with my sdcard? Or it could one game or application be causing this, would there be anyway to finding out besides deleting one file and copy emuMMC to see if it worked?

Evildood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i looked for the folder in my backup with the largest file size, because that should have my games, and it's a folder called "emuMMC" it's like 307 gb and i copy it over and when i try to boot into CFW i get stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo screen again.

Should i just download and install all the games all over again? What if the same thing happens where the console gets stuck that the logo screen at the end of all the installing? Or is there a way to salvage the games backup? Or is it a problem with my sdcard? Or it could one game or application be causing this, would there be anyway to finding out besides deleting one file and copy emuMMC to see if it worked?
I believe there is a nand browser you may be able to delete the offending apps but you can just plop the nintendo folder right back onto the fresh SD and try that but you may have to reinstall everything if the nintendo folder is causing the issues and you can't single it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone