Modded Switch stuck on Nintendo Logo screen.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there is a nand browser you may be able to delete the offending apps but you can just plop the nintendo folder right back onto the fresh SD and try that but you may have to reinstall everything if the nintendo folder is causing the issues and you can't single it out.
The only program that i can find that does that is NxNandManager and it's browser is in the beta. I'm going to try to just got to emmMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered and delete folder 00000000 and then try to boot into CFW and then delete folder 0000000A and so on until i find the one that lets me boot into CFW.

It's a 512gb sdcard the games only take up 307 gb it's not even full. I wonder why it's having this problem, because i used it before with the same games and applications and it worked fine, nothing appears to have changed other than a recent black out in my house. Who knows.

emuMMC is an emulated MMC, NOT your games folder. Your games folder is the NINTENDO folder.
My root Nintendo folder Nintendo\contents\registered is empty while my emmMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered is full of files and is 307 gb, so that must be the place where all the games are installed.

Last edited by filtering_generic,

Evildood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only program that i can find that does that is NxNandManager and it's browser is in the beta. I'm going to try to just got to emmMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered and delete folder 00000000 and then try to boot into CFW and then delete folder 0000000A and so on until i find the one that lets me boot into CFW.

It's a 512gb sdcard the games only take up 307 gb it's not even full. I wonder why it's having this problem, because i used it before with the same games and applications and it worked fine, nothing appears to have changed other than a recent black out in my house. Who knows.

My root Nintendo folder Nintendo\contents\registered is empty while my emmMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered is fully of files and is 307 gb, so that must be the place where all the games are installed.
It's unlikely that a specific game caused the problem it was most likely an old homebrew or leftover cfw files from a "keep all new files" copy paste update, just put the nintendo folder back where it was. I don't use emummc so I can't say for certain that just placing the nintendo folder back on the sd root or a specific path will restore any games but it should work fine. Your game saves are stored in a different location with emummc should be a 30 gig partition somewhere with the saves which you will probably have to copy over either way. Also I will warn you now don't forget sig patches before testing the games if or when you get them back because it will tell you each one you load is corrupt and needs a scan. If you do need to scan them they will pass and function after the sig patches are corrected.

Seems like NxNandManager has an option to extract saves from the user data partition, tldr don't know if there is an easy way to restore them but you definitely have options here.

Last edited by Evildood,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like your EmuMMC is busted
Okay, so i looked for the folder in my backup with the largest file size, because that should have my games, and it's a folder called "emuMMC" it's like 307 gb and i copy it over and when i try to boot into CFW i get stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo screen again.

Should i just download and install all the games all over again? What if the same thing happens where the console gets stuck that the logo screen at the end of all the installing? Or is there a way to salvage the games backup? Or is it a problem with my sdcard? Or it could one game or application be causing this, would there be anyway to finding out besides deleting one file and copy emuMMC to see if it worked?

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied the Nintendo folder in emmMMC\RAW1\Nintendo to the root of the sdcard and merged it with my regular Nintendo folder and i was able to boot into CFW but i don't have my games, i installed some test games and it installed fine but surprisingly not into a new EmuMMC. Either way this is better out come than losing the use of my console. Thank you everyone for the help!

Sounds like your EmuMMC is busted
I wish i knew why it stopped working, hopefully it doesn't do it again.

Last edited by filtering_generic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol