Monolith Soft is hiring development staff for The Legend of Zelda series

dsadad.png

A new recruitment page has gone live on Monolith Soft's website, where it appears that they're looking to hire for work on an upcoming The Legend of Zelda game. The company is looking for programmers, designers, management support, and technical artists that wish to assist with creating something related to the Zelda series. This wouldn't be the first time that they've been involved with the franchise, as we know that Monolith Soft previously aided development on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Monolith Soft is most recently known for Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2, and has three development studios on Japan, with two of them confirmed for working on future titles. This news follows last year's recruitment drive by the company, which was looking for new developers for work on a brand new JRPG. which is referred to as "production 1", while this Zelda project is known internally as "production 2".

:arrow: Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stamina was in the skyward sword. So it's not as unique. Also it's annoying. So personal opinion, a hindered and a limitation to the player for adding difficulty balance. :ninja:

Is not the problem of what is unique, it's just frustrations about my experience. I got used to it because I wanted to finish the game but doesn't mean I grown to enjoy it. :blink:
Stamina in BOTW was absolutely necessary, otherwise you could just climb straight up any wall in the game.

Reactions: geodeath

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please no botw 2. And go back to the dungeon type linear zelda roots. Not interested in an easier type of zelda game directed towards a more younger audience that can't solve puzzles or harder bosses. Need more difficult dungeons please. Botw was literally a downgrade in difficulty and lore compared to previous titles
I'm finishing Zeldas since i'm 9, they never been difficult (exept Zelda 2, but it's the lack of save that make it hard)

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm finishing Zeldas since i'm 9, they never been difficult (exept Zelda 2, but it's the lack of save that make it hard)
i didn't say the games were particular hard but a lot harder than the downgraded experience catered to a younger lazier audience that was Botw. Also games like Majora's mask were hard in the n64 days if you did it without a walkthrough and tips and hints from magazines if you wanted to 100 percent it.

Last edited by kumikochan,

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most people don't know that. They should. :ninja:

Easy? :blink:

YOU DIE IN ONE HIT AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME! That's not even master mode which makes the game slightly harder. :wtf:

You must be some gaming god to call breath of the wild easy, especially from the start. I play many zelda games before breath of the wild, and this one was the longest it took me to finish. :ph34r:
Its not about dying cus you get hit by higher level goblin.. That's not hard, but just annoying. I want the classic zelda dungeons where you get stuck or get lost. Or open that big chest to get a new item that doesn't t break after 5 hits

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I really did like about BOTW was that not all areas of the open world were accessible with certain items or progression. Or if they were, it was still difficult to get there without certain conditions. Really, what I would like to see would include:

- BOTW's limited openness
- Anywhere from 6 to 8 dungeons, each one visually unique, with different challenges, much like traditional Zelda dungeons
---- These should be the bread and butter of the game's difficulty, and should have progressive difficulty
- The return of heart pieces, placed in hidden or crazy, hard-to-reach areas
---- Stamina vessels, too, if stamina is a thing again
- The return of key items and equipment that offer meaningful progression (hookshot, baby!)
- Explorable minidungeons and caverns with varying ambience
---- Side note, I really liked the feel of the caves in OOT, between visuals and audio
---- I also liked LTTP's take on some of the caves, including the cave system on Death Mountain
---- These should also serve more for exploration/rewards purposes, NOT be part of a grindfest like shrines were
- Master Mode WITHOUT having to get the DLC
- I don't mind the diversity of weapons that BOTW had, but durability was annoying, and I personally miss the weapon progression of old
---- If nothing else, at least give us a means to upgrade weapons, and even make them unbreakable via the Great Fairy/Fairies
- The return of the magic meter, with a few magic items/spells that consume magic
- Much like how masks were in OOT and Majora's mask, it would be nice to see something that serves more unique, or even whacky purposes
- A collectable item that offers different, more meaningful rewards, and isn't as grindy as Korok Seeds

Last edited by Delerious,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Link's Awakening. And my favourite one is Majoras Mask. But Botw is a breath (no pun intended) of fresh air. It still has dungeons and they still feel like Zelda, especially hyrule castle.
To me it wasn't a zelda game. Not at all, i rather saw it not in the mainline series cause seeing big youtubers praising the shit out of it like Jared and such well i'm afraid for the future of zelda because of that and because of those loudmouths we'll probably never get a real old skool zelda mainline game again and it will be all like Botw going forward

Reactions: geodeath

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To me it wasn't a zelda game. Not at all, i rather saw it not in the mainline series cause seeing big youtubers praising the shit out of it like Jared and such well i'm afraid for the future of zelda because of that and because of those loudmouths we'll probably never get a real old skool zelda mainline game again and it will be all like Botw going forward
How do you know that? I am a huge Zelda fan and I really enjoyed it and it totally feels like Zelda. Just because they make something bigger and different doesnt mean its not part of the series. Its exactly the same thing as people crying about wind waker back then but now everyone says its one of the best.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do you know that? I am a huge Zelda fan and I really enjoyed it and it totally feels like Zelda. Just because they make something bigger and different doesnt mean its not part of the series. Its exactly the same thing as people crying about wind waker back then but now everyone says its one of the best.
I'm not the only one saying that. Most of the people who say this plays like a zelda game are of a younger generation than i am. Most of my generation and older and a bit younger usually has the same opinion botw not feeling like a Zelda game at all and in no means is it similar. The story is less, the characters feel less alive, it doesn't have that dark eery tone anymore, no more dungeons, no more harder bosses, easy puzzles. If i wanted a cooking running similator i would have played overcooked or something like that. Not everyone says it's the best, mostly Youtubers that were in The Nintendo program back then that were mostly ass kissing Nintendo praised the shit out of it and sadly the were louder than the community itself. I'm a big Zelda fan but still to this day i don't get why Horizon zero dawn had less of a score than an emptier basically almost the same game with less to do wich was Botw. Just always double standards when it comes to Nintendo. Botw was for a 6.5-7 out of 10 while majora's mask as an example would be a 9.5

Last edited by kumikochan,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, gaming god. :ninja:

I mean sure the two on nes was much harder. But compared to some of the series, it's least top 3 of the bunch.

1. Legend of Zelda NES :wtf:
  2. Zelda II Adventure of link NES :blink:
  3. Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild WiiU/Switch :wacko:
Honestly, I didn't find much appeal to the change of gameplay. Though to be honest, the amount of crazy stuff you can do that people came up with was fun and amusing, especially for speed running folks. But I don't like wide open areas with nothing fun to do in between them and combat that gives so much options for strategies and last less than two minutes.

If this game gets made, I hope it has
  • Interesting story (Though to be honest, I never cared about for this series since it's never interesting to begin with.)
  • No "Fill in the plot holes yourself" gameplay (Basically finding your lost memories from breath of the wild)
  • No weapon durability
  • No stamina
  • No Micro dungeons (AKA SHRINES)
  • No overcompensating collectibles (KOROK SEED!!!!!)
  • No gameplay centered around weather effects. (Slipping on rocks in the rain while climbing? WHY!?)
  • I also would hope for least more voice acting in this game than before. Only like six characters ever talk.
I don't think it's too much to ask for. I mean I finished the game but I did have frustrations about what I had to go through. Don't judge me. We are all human with opinions. :ninja:

This. Legend of Zelda 1 was hard because it also wasn't clear as to where you're always supposed to go back in the day (one of my older brothers, for example, made it to Ganon, but never could finish him because "The Secret is in the Arrow," wasn't helpful then and wouldn't be helpful now, except that there are free guides and videos to people nowadays if they MUST play the original game for whatever reason), in addition to the game having all of the issues a lot of first games in franchises have, A.K.A. Early Installment Weirdness.

Zelda 2 is hard more or less for a lot of the reasons that the Classicvanias are hard: knockback, bottomless pits, fake floors, etc.. It was a better game than Castlevania 2: Hold a Red Crystal and kneel down, wait a few seconds, and suddenly, there's this whirlwind that takes you to the next part of the game, because doing random shit in the game makes sense!

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not the only one saying that. Most of the people who say this plays like a zelda game are of a younger generation than i am. Most of my generation and older and a bit younger usually has the same opinion botw not feeling like a Zelda game at all and in no means is it similar. The story is less, the characters feel less alive, it doesn't have that dark eery tone anymore, no more dungeons, no more harder bosses, easy puzzles. If i wanted a cooking running similator i would have played overcooked or something like that. Not everyone says it's the best, mostly Youtubers that were in The Nintendo program back then that were mostly ass kissing Nintendo praised the shit out of it and sadly the were louder than the community itself. I'm a big Zelda fan but still to this day i don't get why Horizon zero dawn had less of a score than an emptier basically almost the same game with less to do wich was Botw. Just always double standards when it comes to Nintendo. Botw was for a 6.5-7 out of 10 while majora's mask as an example would be a 9.5
That's your opinion.
I'm a big Zelda fan and I loved BOTW. Yeah it has many flaws but it feels like a normal Zelda game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stamina in BOTW was absolutely necessary, otherwise you could just climb straight up any wall in the game.
Good :creep:

Instead of restricting the player, try constructing things around that.
This. Legend of Zelda 1 was hard because it also wasn't clear as to where you're always supposed to go back in the day (one of my older brothers, for example, made it to Ganon, but never could finish him because "The Secret is in the Arrow," wasn't helpful then and wouldn't be helpful now, except that there are free guides and videos to people nowadays if they MUST play the original game for whatever reason), in addition to the game having all of the issues a lot of first games in franchises have, A.K.A. Early Installment Weirdness.

Zelda 2 is hard more or less for a lot of the reasons that the Classicvanias are hard: knockback, bottomless pits, fake floors, etc.. It was a better game than Castlevania 2: Hold a Red Crystal and kneel down, wait a few seconds, and suddenly, there's this whirlwind that takes you to the next part of the game, because doing random shit in the game makes sense!
Well I mean yeah, the non sense clues that was in those games wasn't helpful. But the games was just lacking information all together, and people are expected to know to "burn that bush to reveal a hidden door" among all the other bushes on screen, "blast that wall open with a bomb" when there isn't anything suspicious reason to do so. Terrible information is one thing, but lack of it is worst.

The other part is just the gameplay. Attack in one direction, only use sword beams at full life, it's just too many restrictions on the player and they expect them to handle a swarm of endless shenanigans the eneimes are capable of. Why did we need a EXP system in Zelda 2? So we would spend time fighting enemies to get stronger? The first one didn't have that, fighting enemies was still important to get items like keys, hearts, and rupees. Why is things so cryptic? So people would subscribe to nintendo power to get a lick of sense on what to do in the game.

It would be better off making a game with no clear goal to achieve if they want open ended stuff like the first two zelda games or breath of the wild. People may be disappointed with no real sense of achievement cause of lacking a goal or motive. But if you make the stuff you do fun in the game, most people forget about completing a goal. Most people focus on side quest more than the main quest, or even just fool around if it's fun enough. It is possible, but also very risky and sometimes incredibly lucky too. Just saying. :ninja:

D

Deleted User

Oh god no please just kill Zelda off at this point. Links Awakening is terrible and the remake looks like shit, BotW is awful and not a Zelda game, they gave Zelda to some lame indie game, enough. Zelda used to be my all time favorite series, now it's just a mess of less than mediocre titles.

A BotW asset flip? Fucking KILL ME. I'd rather there never be another Zelda game ever again instead of having all this trash.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the problem with botw. It was catered to a younger audience and they downgraded the difficulty by a lot for that reason. To me botw was the worst game in the series so really don't hope for a continuation of that
I played much of the game without getting hearts, made it tough enough. Just needed longer dungeons, and unbreakable weapons, and yes more better story.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I played much of the game without getting hearts, made it tough enough. Just needed longer dungeons, and unbreakable weapons, and yes more better story.
well on the first page i think it was, i had a large explanation about difficulty what i meant with that. more damage, less hearts to me is artificial difficulty but not real difficulty. But i know what you mean since i tried to do the same thing. To me personally it was just the first Zelda game i got bored off and didn't play for a second time. I played minish cap a million times, i played ocarina of seasons or oracle of ages ( best zelda games of all time even despite not really being made by Nintendo ) and even twilight princess a million times but i couldn't bring myself to even play botw a second time. I just don't like botw and thanks to ass kissers like Jared on youtube and more Botw will be the main thing going forward for new titles wich i fucking hate.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like we all got to agree to disagree about it being a Zelda game (even tho Zelda has changed multiple times) and its difficulty.
- The return of key items and equipment that offer meaningful progression (hookshot, baby!)
- I don't mind the diversity of weapons that BOTW had, but durability was annoying, and I personally miss the weapon progression of old
---- If nothing else, at least give us a means to upgrade weapons, and even make them unbreakable via the Great Fairy/Fairies
- The return of the magic meter, with a few magic items/spells that consume magic

Having weapons more durable in general and having key weapons that can't break, but not as strong as the breakable ones at the beginning would probably be a nice middle ground. You would no longer have the "What, no weapon?" animation that Link does. I did find it silly that even the non-melee magically items can break. I'm sure they did it for balance. A general magic meter would fix both of those... and give the player more things to upgrade.

I mean, the runes kind of did this, but they had long cooldowns and not fit for direct combat.

- Master Mode WITHOUT having to get the DLC
Yeah, every Zelda, at least the 3D ones, should have a hard mode builtin at this point. No matter what people think about the base difficulty.

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Please no botw 2. And go back to the dungeon type linear zelda roots. Not interested in an easier type of zelda game directed towards a more younger audience that can't solve puzzles or harder bosses. Need more difficult dungeons please. Botw was literally a downgrade in difficulty and lore compared to previous titles
I understand your point, but as an old gamer I could still love it. AND my 9 years old daughter could also play it. I think that's precisely what they're aiming for.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol