Monster Energy take Capcom Pokémon Co to court.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Boycott that crap!

They're following the steps on those retards that sued anything with a single 'R' on their names. Hope they get sued back and enforced to pay billions for their stupidity. Batman and Robin managed to avoid it though.

In which stupid country's legal system was this even been considered remotely possible?
Boycott Monster? Just teens can drink that shit up as is without mixing it. It's an offense to my tastebuds :ha:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trademark case law says that if you don't defend your trademark with a bunch of lawsuits like a hysterical chihuahua, you can and will lose it. Especially when it's a common word or phrase. If they didn't sue anyone with "Monster" in its name, they would lose the trademark and anyone could start producing "Monster energy" drinks. This is just going through the motions. It doesn't matter if they lose, the record will show they are defending the distinction of their trademark.
Would it have made a difference if they had just stuck to energy drinks? Seems they feel they have to be so aggressive in the gaming sphere simply because they shit out some entirely-forgettable extreme sports games back on the X360 or whatever.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Would it have made a difference if they had just stuck to energy drinks? Seems they feel they have to be so aggressive in the gaming sphere simply because they shit out some entirely-forgettable extreme sports games back on the X360 or whatever.
No. They don't have to be in your field of work or compete with any of your products or services. If their name or logo are similar to yours, you have to sue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_dilution

Apple once sued a grocery store chain because their logo was an apple.

OOJrpHo.jpg

Another interesting lawsuit was Apple Records (owned by The Beatles) VS Apple Computers back in the 80s. They reached a settlement, and Apple Computers had to agree they would never go into the music business, while Apple Records would never start making computers. Which became interesting again when Apple /Computers) launched iTunes.

Reactions: Xzi

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBAtemp is gonna get sued next for mentioning Monster in their threads.
Well if they try to sue over this thread I'm happy for the temp to take the hit because if they come after me for posting it they are wasting their time cause as we say here in Scotland I'm so poor I don't even have a pot to piss in :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Bian_Zoldark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
oh wow, this is so stupid. its a waste of time, a waste of money and human resources. it never ceased to amazed me the level of human greed. well who am i talking to? i'm not even human myself....

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imagine sueing The Pokemon Company who uses PocketMONSTERS since 1995/96 way before they did (2002). And imagine Sueing companies for using a word many did before em. Or wanna trademark such word.
it happened thus abra,kadabra,alakazam had to be registered for years funny thing is one in the evo line GF actually payed homage to the magician who freaking sued them (forgot which but it was the japanese name that paid tribute to 3 famous magicicans

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just more and more trademark trolls. *facepalm at Monster Energy*

I can't drink Monster Energy after it made me had a strong nausea and threw up before go to school, but luckily, Zofran worked well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh