More Poems

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been feeling inspired... I'm not sure what it is. But I've been writing more poems lately. Here are two.

QUOTE said:
years ago in the dark

there is a staircase here
it reminds me of one we walked together
together, alone, years ago in the dark (shh)
you were different then -- so was i
we were happy (don’t talk)

i try to avoid that staircase
each step is a reminder (why?)
that it is there to be stepped on
with muddy shoes and disregard
and to lead us along (why?)

but sometimes i forget
and i take that staircase
only to remember halfway down
that i don’t want to be here (hello?)
it’s too painful -- i can’t walk slow enough
there is no escaping the end.
i know.
i’ve taken these stairs before.
they always end.

QUOTEi pick at old scars until they bleed fresh blood and my paper is stained red
it mixes with the ink, creating new words and shapes that i have seen before
as i read the page i can’t tell what i wrote or what wrote itself

Let me know what you think.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you may be suffering from PRPS. (Post Relationship Poetics Syndrome)

I like them, a few more failed relationships and I'll be thinking a lot more like you.
tongue.gif

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, thats not entirely true. This isn't the first time I've written poetry, and I do consider myself a bit of a writer (English major here).

But the sparks have kinda been coming from the fact that I'm broken up, but they are just sparks. It's not that the entire poems are about relationships, but they can be interpreted that way, but also other ways.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
Well, thats not entirely true. This isn't the first time I've written poetry, and I do consider myself a bit of a writer (English major here).

But the sparks have kinda been coming from the fact that I'm broken up, but they are just sparks. It's not that the entire poems are about relationships, but they can be interpreted that way, but also other ways.
Well that's good. It could also represent friends, business partners, Life, etc. They're good, uses a lot of imagery and symbolism. Stairs to be stepped on: Betrayal. Forgetting that when you take the stair case more pain: Repressed memories of the old times. Perhaps you're still around this person or making the same mistake, but you don't remember all the time.

Well part of my interpretation, and I know it's not what you're going through right now, because you were just writing.
wink.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
I've read worse, and that is an extreme compliment cause I believe 99.999999% of poetry is pure dogshit
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I find Literary art to be the most thought provoking, and beautiful forms of art. I would rather someone speak in riddles, willing me to imagine what they saw. Through words, anything is possible, through words, anything is imaginable. The imagination is the greater part of the eyes. Our eyes see, but our minds see through. Whether it's through your dreams, or the pseudo X-ray vision that allows us to "see" through a Woman's clothes. The mind, a master of interpretation. Without the mind, we would see everything upside down. Without the mind, there would be no dreams, no invention, no art. The mind is humanity at its worst and finest. The mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay