Gaming Mother 3 on 3DS VC?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Everything has a possiblity

Unfortunately, we cant really tell right now.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want it in English, I think the answer is close to 0% (seeing as it was never officially translated).

If you want it in Japanese, well, why not. It has the same chance like any other decent game, I suppose.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
If you want it in English, I think the answer is close to 0% (seeing as it was never officially translated).

If you want it in Japanese, well, why not. It has the same chance like any other decent game, I suppose.

While its true that while the GBA existed, Mother 3 was never officially translated. The same can be said about Sin and Punishment on the N64, but look what happened on the Wii VC, it got translated and released for the first time ever in the US through the virtual console. So your answer of close to 0% I'd say would be off because Nintendo has done this very thing fairly recently.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
What I really want is them to finish off the 64 version or remake it or whatever. I mean 3D Mother3/Earthbound64 in umm... 3D would be the coolest thing ever and would make me camp outside the nearest store waiting for it to be released

darkdenizen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one mentioned Sin and Punishment. Though I'm not sure about the background of the series, I'm sure it wasn't nearly as asked for as Earthbound/Mother. And that made it over to the states in an english translation on VC. Maybe if that happens we could even see a brand new Mother game. Anything is possible like the above poster mentioned.

EDIT: Nvm...someone mentioned S&P

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sin & Punishment wasn't as text heavy as Mother 3 and I do recall that it was Treasure who were the ones who wanted to undertake the work.

If anything Nintendo would want to make this retail or 3DSWare. I do see them releasing this game eventually in English.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Sin & Punishment wasn't as text heavy as Mother 3 and I do recall that it was Treasure who were the ones who wanted to undertake the work.

If anything Nintendo would want to make this retail or 3DSWare. I do see them releasing this game eventually in English.

True, but it had voice acting, that means that years later, Nintendo still went to the effort to hire new people to record for a game that was over 6 years old if not older. i think that proves that they are willing to translate any game, no matter how old or text heavy, a text heavy game would just take a while for translation, but could still totally happen I think.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
Gaydrian said:

True, but it had voice acting, that means that years later, Nintendo still went to the effort to hire new people to record for a game that was over 6 years old if not older. i think that proves that they are willing to translate any game, no matter how old or text heavy, a text heavy game would just take a while for translation, but could still totally happen I think.
The original Japanese release already had English voices on it, the only extra work was to make the menus in English.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sin and Punishment also used to sell for well over US$100+ used on Ebay a few years ago.

It was actually a very sought after game for N64 owners/importers. I wanted to buy it, but it was far too expensive for me at the time.

And Mother 3 has much much more text...
If it is translated, they will need to earn that money back.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This would be awesome, but I don't know how likely it is, seeing as thanks to Nintendo's lawyers Earthbound never got released on VC. Of course, I think that was because of specific copyright issues with some pop culture references in Earthbound, and Mother 3 had a lot less of those.

patsuch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you really that blind that you can´t read it will only support GB and GBC games??
blink.gif
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: