Gaming Mother 3 on 3DS VC?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patsuch said:
Are you really that blind that you can´t read it will only support GB and GBC games??
blink.gif
huh.gif

the wii had only a handful on consoles at first, so why would they not be able to add gba to the 3ds vc?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patsuch said:
I didn´t say that it wont be able in future
wub.gif
but for now people talking about: OMG it has GBA VC
ohmy.gif

Its pretty evident that it will though, but Nintendo is probably gonna release all its flaship gb/c games before the gba. Think about it, this way they can release Pokemon Red/Blue and then later add gba to the vc and release Pokemon leaf green/fire red, without the people who bought the initial vc releases feeling quite as cheated, and then they'll likely buy the gba version too, its Nintendo's way of making some extra money.

Also, remember when at E3 they were showing off NES and SNES games on the 3DS in 3D, I'd expect those are also probably going to see virtual console releases at some point.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
patsuch said:
I didn´t say that it wont be able in future
wub.gif
but for now people talking about: OMG it has GBA VC
ohmy.gif

Its pretty evident that it will though, but Nintendo is probably gonna release all its flaship gb/c games before the gba. Think about it, this way they can release Pokemon Red/Blue and then later add gba to the vc and release Pokemon leaf green/fire red, without the people who bought the initial vc releases feeling quite as cheated, and then they'll likely buy the gba version too, its Nintendo's way of making some extra money.

Also, remember when at E3 they were showing off NES and SNES games on the 3DS in 3D, I'd expect those are also probably going to see virtual console releases at some point.
I'd agree. In the actual manuscript for the conference there was no mention of GBA, but rather that they were planning to start with GB and GBC.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
how_do_i_do_that said:
Mother 3 was never released for NA. The only way your going to see Mother 3 on a 3DS is on a japanese version of the 3DS.
Ever played Sin and Punishment or SMB Lost Levels from the Wii Shop Channel?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I couldn't care less if it's released since I wouldn't bother buying it (I have the fan translated version on my 3-in-1), I just hope if they do release it that it can become a reboot for the franchise (much in the case of Sin and Punishment). Another Mother (heh, that rhymed) game would be awesome.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
Mother 3 was never released for NA. The only way your going to see Mother 3 on a 3DS is on a japanese version of the 3DS.
Pwn't.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Midna said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

This is a very circular thread.

More text = higher translation cost

Higher cost = less likely

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to see Mother 3 on the VC, but it doesn't seem likely as only GB and GBC were announced. I think that they may add GBA emulation, but even if they do, I'm not sure Mother 3 would come to the 3DS. I do love Mother 3. I'm going to be hoping that it arrives on the 3DS though!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Midna said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
Pwn't.
Lolno.

1 - Sin and punishment already had the english voices and shit in the japanese game. They just needed to translate some menu graphics.

2 - The Lost Levels is not nearly comparable translation-wise to an RPG like Mother 3. Not nearly. Not at all. If you think so, you've either never played both, or you're flat-out retarded.

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo would only translate it if they think it can sell. Nintendo's new North American users (children) have largely had no experience with the Mother series or EarthBound. The only way this can work out is if a large number of hardcore gamers would be willing to shell out the cash.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Rydian said:
_Chaz_ said:
Midna said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
Pwn't.
Lolno.

1 - Sin and punishment already had the english voices and shit in the japanese game. They just needed to translate some menu graphics.

2 - The Lost Levels is not nearly comparable translation-wise to an RPG like Mother 3. Not nearly. Not at all. If you think so, you've either never played both, or you're flat-out retarded.
Yeah, well aware of that. I thought of it before I posted. But I posted anyway because the way the guy phrased his post it sounded like he was saying Japanese games don't ever come across to our shores via VC.

Also I liked your old avatar, Rydian
frown.gif

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
_Chaz_ said:
Midna said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
Pwn't.
Lolno.

So, NOA is constantly translating Japanese text somewhere (why can't it be a visit back to a game thats older), heck, how do we know they haven't already translated Mother 3? It could just be a case that it neared an North America release, but then never happened, is that not what happened with the first Earthbound game?

Just as another example, I'd say look at Doshin the Giant, this game was originally only released in Japan for the 64DD, but 3 years later was translated to english and released on the Gamecube in Europe. This game has a lot of text and vocals. i think the point is clear that Nintendo has halted international releases of flagship games before, only to release them some years later. I see no reason Mother 3 could not be such a release.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
_Chaz_ said:
Midna said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
Pwn't.
Lolno.

BESIDES, The lost levels are playable in Super Mario All-stars on the SNES...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of my memes were posted onto 4chan funnily enough LOL.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, which one?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    PS2 meme
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    PS2 it used to be great lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, may I see it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I sometimes check out /vg/ to look for any good retro gaming recommendations.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The PS2 was quite a good console for its time. Imagine how many people in Spain are still using one LOL.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Today's technology makes anything from last gen look like shit
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly. Take note of the Switch, for example. Its underpowered compared to how older tech was capable of doing just about anything.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii u was shit fight me
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) I never entered 4chan 2) I have good memories with my PS2 even though most of the games i had were scratched beyond being bootable
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Not gonna lie, about half of its game library was shovelware like its counterpart, the Wii.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and the other half were just 1st party games
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The Wii U was essentially an early Switch, before the Switch was a thing.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already had the technology but the price to performance wasn't there
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and before third party companies were able to make games for the newest nintendo console
    +1
    Older systems I love some of the games but without filters and enhanced graphics they are difficult to enjoy
    +1
    Especially the PS1....
    That thing needs all the bandaids lol
    I think my favorite PS1 enhancement is sub pixel precision, helps get rid of some of those wobbly polygons lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, By default, the polygons are filtered with differing to simulate depth, which doesn't make them clearer.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which GPU was hot in the ps1 era psi besides all of them
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There are ways to disable this by creating cheat codes, but this requires knowledge of the PS1 hardware.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss the old game shark books you could just go to Walmart and buy now it's instant ban or some punishefor using cheats
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I miss the old game shark books you could just go to Walmart and buy now it's instant ban or...