Homebrew MP3 to DS converter?

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The thread you linked to mentions that The DS can play MP3 files, but the GBA can't. Just use an app like moonshell or lmp-ng to play the mp3 file. No conversion necessary.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see my old posts are still being useful (lol, back when I used a BugMeNot account to access Maxconsole).

On the DS, such conversion is unnecessary because unlike the GBA, the DS does have enough power to decode mp3 files in real time. The most popular applications to play them back are Moonshell, LMP-ng (an iPod clone), and to a lesser extent, DSOrganize.

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why would you need to convert them

the DS can play mp3 just by putting them on the flashcard and having the above homebrew

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, thanks.

My (well..actually someone else his question) is answered
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "mp3 to DS" converter. Heck, there is no "mp3 to GBA converter" either. GSM player converts your WAVE audio files to GSM audio files, then attaches files together, player + song1 + song2+ song3 etc. MusicPlayer Advance does the same thing. In both cases, the audio files are converted to a different format and played back by a GBA program that can decode that format. You're not converting to any native GBA audio format or anything.

I suppose if you want to get something similar, you could get Lick's old Helix MP3 player demo, in which you embed a low-bitrate MP3 file into a *.nds file which then plays it back, but again, you're not converting to DS format or anything.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EoF quality thread.

Why do you need to convert mp3 when you can play mp3? Besides convert it to what anyways? a .ds?

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
updowners said:
NavadeHo said:
Like I said..it's not my question!~

WTF are you talking about?

The link he posted contains a reference to GSM player, which (if I understood correctly) can convert an album of .wav's to one .gba file.
He wants to know if there is a utility which can convert an album of mp3 files to one .nds file.

When I first saw the title I thought, what a nutjob, but the idea is actually pretty appealing. I'll try GSM player out myself, later. (yay slot-2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu