KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds awesome!
If only I could get it to work. Tried several times failing with the endless swirl crash mentioned in the instructions.

Maybe I'm partially illiterate today and unable to follow simple instructions.
Or maybe it is because my test device is chaotic beyond all description. I uninstalled B9S without doing any of the tests and without controlled removal of illegitimate content to just pretend I was one of the "I accidentally uninstalled CFW"-people – hoping for a quick re-installation despite that.

Unfortunately I ended up without CFW, with crashing DSiWare Data Management and other problems. The console became pretty much useless at this point…

…but ntrboot saved the day.

euromarii

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has anyone tested it on the first Old 3ds USA? (The little)

I want to jailbreak mine, but it's on version 11.17

This method would be my salvation.

Reactions: J-Will

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Has anyone tested it on the first Old 3ds USA? (The little)

I want to jailbreak mine, but it's on version 11.17

This method would be my salvation.
I'm not sure about specific console models and regions that this has been tested on, but I've seen quite a few successes with people using this method and not too many instances of people getting stuck and being unable to fix it (yet). So you should be fine.

Current tutorial is here, though it'll be added to the main guide... soon-ish, probably?

euromarii

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you very much. So it's not completely safe, right? I noticed it's in beta. Should I wait to get out of beta? I bought this old 3ds a few days ago and it's unused for now.

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would say it's generally safe in that there's no risk to your actual console. There's a potential risk of data loss if things somehow go catastrophically wrong when it messes with the Nintendo 3DS folder, so you might want to make a backup of that folder if you have important save data or something.

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds awesome!
If only I could get it to work. Tried several times failing with the endless swirl crash mentioned in the instructions.

Maybe I'm partially illiterate today and unable to follow simple instructions.
Or maybe it is because my test device is chaotic beyond all description. I uninstalled B9S without doing any of the tests and without controlled removal of illegitimate content to just pretend I was one of the "I accidentally uninstalled CFW"-people – hoping for a quick re-installation despite that.

Unfortunately I ended up without CFW, with crashing DSiWare Data Management and other problems. The console became pretty much useless at this point…

…but ntrboot saved the day.
MSET9 should work for you now since zoogie updated it

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
trying to hack old 3ds on latest fw

but get this error

1. Setup MSET9
2. Inject trigger file 002F003A.txt
3. Delete trigger file 002F003A.txt
4. Remove MSET9, DO NOT FORGET to run this after you finish the exploit!
5. Exit
>>>1
Setting up... done.
>>>2
Injecting...Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mset9.py", line 328, in <module>
inject()
File "mset9.py", line 205, in inject
with open(trigger_path,"w") as f:
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'Nintendo 3DS/ccabd09d5c61e69df4a575333238f0a7/\uffff\ufaff餑䠇䚅敩ꄈ∁䬅䞘䙨䙙ꫀᰗ䙃䰃䞠䞸退ࠊꁱࠅ캙ࠄsdmc退ࠊb9/extdata/002F003A.txt'

• Sad

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi what does that exploit brings more than others? Is it more easy? More Stable? Does it allows a 3DS to launch 3DS games via homebrew?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi what does that exploit brings more than others? Is it more easy? More Stable? Does it allows a 3DS to launch 3DS games via homebrew?
Installing CFW on latest version without anything external (specific game or ntrboot cart)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo