Hacking MT and GW different how?

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several MT-Card users are having trouble with their terrible copied implementation of "insert card to use warez mode" so saying they're "equal" now is just wrong.

If you can afford it, get a Gateway. That's pretty much the only way you can guarantee that you won't be behind on the latest features by months at a time and/or end up with crappy mimicking of features.

I'm not saying this because of "support the innovators" crap, I'm well aware that Gateway is making a profit off of other peoples' work and I don't believe they "deserve" anyone's money.
It's just objectively a better product for homebrew/piracy (sorry, "backups") is all. Get a GW if you have money to spare.

Reactions: Margen67

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop talking so much smack people.....I own both GW and MT and they are both solid products. MT has never shown they are dead they had releases in Sept (adding dashboard multirom and 3dz) and then Oct (adding save cheats) and now In Nov they finally got new Emunand 9.2 and CIA (devmeu or bbb menu work fine as do installed CIAs).

GW is superior because they are really the only 'true' dev team doing flashcards, but even with all their massive ability 8.0 (with new save encryption) came out in early July and it took GW 2 months to get that cracked (end of Aug). I would say if the price is within $20 go with GW as they will always have updates first and will have 9.x support soon.

I do think MT save system is superior in that I like the save on microSD (so if you move the cart to another machine the save moves with it and the save naming is sensible)

Timburpton - No there is no easy way. GW uses the Cartridge ID while MT uses whatever you named the rom. What I do is on my 3DS SD card I create a .txt file with the cart ID and then file name, so that way it is easy to rename them with copy/paste.

So for a save for Fire Emblem USA.....GW will call it 00040000000A0500.sav so I then make a text file called 00040000000A0500.sav_Fire Emblem USA.txt...............which lines up right below it giving you some identification.............it seems it would be easy to make a conversion tool but I doubt anyone will bother as not enough ppl own both MT and GW to care. The saves are compatible you just need to rename them.

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
7Timburpton - No there is no easy way. GW uses the Cartridge ID while MT uses whatever you named the rom. What I do is on my 3DS SD card I create a .txt file with the cart ID and then file name, so that way it is easy to rename them with copy/paste.

So for a save for Fire Emblem USA.....GW will call it 00040000000A0500.sav so I then make a text file called 00040000000A0500.sav_Fire Emblem USA.txt...............which lines up right below it giving you some identification.............it seems it would be easy to make a conversion tool but I doubt anyone will bother as not enough ppl own both MT and GW to care. The saves are compatible you just need to rename them.

Thank you your answer. I want both GW and MT

Is there way to batch script this?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I saw someone sell MT cheap. I think buy MT and GW to enjoy both features.

What different in this two? Can use MT and then change GW? Can GW then MT?

both cards have same features BUT one is a leader which is Gateway & one is follwer which is MT, the Leader is the original with best support,the follower is a clone with snail slow support & more likely stop the support all together specially if sales slow down due to their slow updates (waiting for gateway to release updates so they can copy them).

gateway is like buying a google's own device like nexus phone or tablet which receives pure android updates instantly & mt is like buying a third party google device with really slow & modified version of the very same android update. which one you choose is up to you. :)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you your answer. I want both GW and MT

Is there way to batch script this?

Interesting thought......maybe but I doubt I don't know if you could read the directory and store the names in $trings and do all that with a .bat. I would just google file renaming batch files and see if you get some code you could use.....I am often amazed at what can be done with scripts.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how you're trying to justify your purchase by pushing your poor decision on others.

I like how you're butthurt that MT-Card released an update that makes their card better than Gateway.

If you prefer Gateway, use it. OP made a thread asking questions and we're providing answers, coming in here and crapping on the competition simply because you prefer another card is childish.

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I find second hand MT super cheap so thinking of buying one MT and one new GW. Cheaper than two GW.

I know a bit batch script. Any way to read 3ds rom file name and the ID name using batch?

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Me think If can some how read Title ID use batch script, I can make batchscript to auto rename saves from name to title Id

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I like how you're butthurt that MT-Card released an update that makes their card better than Gateway.

If you prefer Gateway, use it. OP made a thread asking questions and we're providing answers, coming in here and crapping on the competition simply because you prefer another card is childish.

Sure, a card that copy GW and release updates months later is best...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What version of the Gateway firmware did MT-Card copy the cheat engine from? How about the superior .sav system?

From hater to fanboy in no time flat
Hater to fanboy just like that. :lol:

They copied the cheat engine idea from Cyber Gadget, yet it's a poor implementation. Do you really use it?
The .sav system is something trivial to be honest, but that's because MT started with multirom while GW started having to use the MicroSD card as a "burned" image of the rom, thus making impossible to save to the MicroSD and since there was no name for the rom, they found conveniently to just use the ID of the game for the saves. If they have kept it like that is for compatibility matters.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not saying MT doesn't suck, but gateway broke save compatibility between 1.x and 2.x of their launcher.

Yes they did... with one game as far as I can remember... it was Bravely Default. I don't know why that happened, but glad it hasn't happened since then.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not saying MT doesn't suck, but gateway broke save compatibility between 1.x and 2.x of their launcher.

that's because nintendo changed their save encryption with FW 6.X, not really GWs fault, huh?
also I believe MT didn't even exist before that change, so obviously, they never encountered the issue of changing encryptions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay