Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would love to see how people can get a revolution. I mean are you guys serous about this? A revolution? What the hell kinda drugs are you guys on?
What are you going to do? Make a crap load of spam threads hoping the mods don't delete them? Wow. I most say that's freaking amazing idea right there if I were on crack.

grape_garden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
How about this guys: BUY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME. It's 40 bucks, and if you care this much about piracy, then you should have some extra money.

Most people I've encountered on this site who are waiting on some kind of patch or firmware update have a hard copy of the game, myself included.

ZackVee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
How about this guys: BUY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME. It's 40 bucks, and if you care this much about piracy, then you should have some extra money.

I would love to but I am what 4chan would call a "poorfag". Thats why my only means of playing games on my ds is through my DSTT which doesn't even work on newer games half the time.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Pink Cat Boy said:
I would love to see how people can get a revolution. I mean are you guys serous about this? A revolution? What the hell kinda drugs are you guys on?
What are you going to do? Make a crap load of spam threads hoping the mods don't delete them? Wow. I most say that's freaking amazing idea right there if I were on crack.

Well someone tried DDoS a few days ago but they're such n00bs.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EriitoOokami said:
Slyakin said:

No u

worthless comment

How is this worthless, its true, if you cared so much then you would buy the freaking game and join the people, like me who have the reatial copy and can laugh in the faces of people who can't play it ( Just to put salt in the wounds I also have my edge with HG on it which works flawlessly
tongue.gif
)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZackVee said:
Slyakin said:

I would love to but I am what 4chan would call a "poorfag". Thats why my only means of playing games on my ds is through my DSTT which doesn't even work on newer games half the time.
Oh, I'm sorry. (Literally)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ZackVee said:
Yes and according to the rules they should have just banned the duplicate accounts and not all of them.
Well, check again..You do know to read?

QUOTE# After being suspended or banned anyone caught sneaking back onto the forum under an alias or "suspension/ban evading" will be banned.
Direct quote from the rules..

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rykin122 said:
No, because of 2 reasons:
1. You'll get banned easilly
B. You can't upload pre-patch version on GBA
There you have it people. Even if he were to be unbanned, you can forget it about it. He isn't coming back anyways. I will not post the link however, but a google search might help you find him.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

Yeah man, I really don't get it. When I was a preteen I played through Silver with like a 50% english patch that stopped working at Johto. As soon as the retail game out I got it within a week. What's with kids these days being spoiled to the point where their parents can't spare 40 bucks. Especially since I'd wager most of them have a modded Wii so I wonder where their disposable income is going, lol.

Anyhow I forgot to direct link to the Japanese-English patched version of Soul Silver, here ya go:

POKEMON SOUL-SILVER PATCHED JAPANESE ROM

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pink Cat Boy said:
You know, being an admin myself (on a fairly large forum I co-own), we probably would have handed out temp-bans to those spamming and whatnot. These guys are being pretty lenient. I commend them for their patience.
yaywii.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
HBK said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:

Still would have to be on some kinda drug to think that is a great idea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
Rykin122 said:
No, because of 2 reasons:
1. You'll get banned easilly
B. You can't upload pre-patch version on GBA
There you have it people. Even if he were to be unbanned, you can forget it about it. He isn't coming back anyways. I will not post the link however, but a google search might help you find him.
Well congratulation to him.
smile.gif

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Toni Plutonij said:
ZackVee said:
Yes and according to the rules they should have just banned the duplicate accounts and not all of them.

QUOTE# After being suspended or banned anyone caught sneaking back onto the forum under an alias or "suspension/ban evading" will be banned.

And that's all the backup my argument needed so
tongue.gif

Cheers Toni

grape_garden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Wait, if you guys have the copy, WTF? What DO you want?

I like being able to have all my ROMs on one cartridge, as well as the ability to regularly backup my saves, which I can't do with the commercial SoulSilver ROM.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Pink Cat Boy said:
HBK said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:

Still would have to be on some kinda drug to think that is a great idea

If it's done well it's a "good" idea depending on the perspective. But I doubt anyone could pull it off.

ZackVee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Wait, if you guys have the copy, WTF? What DO you want?
I DONT HAVE IT. l2read posts.

Toni Plutonij said:
ZackVee said:

# After being suspended or banned anyone caught sneaking back onto the forum under an alias or "suspension/ban evading" will be banned.

I was under the impression he was just banned for making said duplicate accounts, which then one of his accounts should have remained unbanned. But if he had been banned previously for another matter that does make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying