Hacking Multiple "Broken" Gba Roms

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to put some new gba Roms on my dstwo and some aren't functioning properly one is "Classis Nes Mario Bros" and the other is "Classic Nes Donkey Kong". Yes they are gba Roms, just ports.

If anyone could help me figure out as to why they don't work, that would be great.

Thanks!!
Alex

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Patches like these ones should solve the issues you're experiencing with Classic NES games on the GBA. You should be able to patch the games using these files with Lunar IPS or any other IPS patcher for that matter.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should just download an nes emulator. It has so much more functionality than the gba emulator.
For other GBA games that won't work, you will mostly have to just deal with it because they won't work.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
you should just download an nes emulator. It has so much more functionality than the gba emulator.
For other GBA games that won't work, you will mostly have to just deal with it because they won't work.
Plus, they'll honestly look better. If I'm not mistaken, the GBA has nowhere NEAR The resolution to properly handle NES titles, so they look sorta "crammed".

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make it into a plugin but any ds card that can run .nds files can run the nes emulator. I think it's called nesds. It is amazing. You can speed up games by pressing R or reverse the flow of time by pressing L. you can also use a savestate. I don't know if the resolution isn't correct but I think it looks pretty good.

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make it into a plugin but any ds card that can run .nds files can run the nes emulator. I think it's called nesds. It is amazing. You can speed up games by pressing R or reverse the flow of time by pressing L. you can also use a savestate. I don't know if the resolution isn't correct but I think it looks pretty good.

Just got it. Love it.

Reactions: tatripp

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using version 1.30 or 1.21 with game_config.txt?

The compatibility page shows that Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA SMB3) is "a bit laggy" without game_config.txt.

Also, have you tried the ROM in other emus? Like on a PC? Just to rule out a bad ROM?

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1