Hacking My brother has a Hackable XKJ7

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my console before Mariko existed, but the nand got corrupted, so Nintendo sent me a new one (neither of these were exploited or hacked in any way). this was about four months into when Mariko systems started appearing. however, Nintendo sent me back a replacement, a v1 again. I sold the system to someone on ebay who was most likely going to hack it. I asked $275 for the console and joycons (should've kept these, but I wasn't thinking). I've bought every special edition system (at one point I had 4 different switches), but after buying all these gaming consoles, I needed some money, so I sold them all. I have a pokemon switch now.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I mean it is crazy that someone would give away a v1 unpatched board if it is v1 unpatched.
It's really not. At this point most of us already forgot, but 2017 switches had an awful plastic, the the grills on top of the unit were prone to breaking, other hot parts were prone to small cracks too. So it is a possible scenario where the refurbished had a ugly looking V1 and a broken good looking laying around, and did swap boards.

Also the guy told that he got the tablet only, refurbished usually are sold that way. Maybe it was even sold as vulnerable to the first guy (the one who pass to the OP).

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Jesus Christ GBATemp can be infuriating sometimes. Guys he isn't asking how to hack the console. He isn't asking where to buy a chip. He is saying that he has successfully lunched CFW. Are people not capable of reading the OP before replying?

To OP: What do you mean by "V2"? V2 has meant several things over the years. Initially it referred to iPatched consoles, later it referred to Mariko consoles. Even with iPatched consoles there is variety as Nintendo actually patched the exploit in two different ways depending on the hardware.

It can not possibly be a Mariko. Fusee was fixed in the Mariko bootrom. If you can launch CFW through Fusee you have an Erista. This can be easily checked by looking at the back of the console. It baffles me that no one has suggested this yet.

1669291417328.png

Look at the area I have circled in red. If it says Hac-001 then you have an Erista. If you have a Hac-001(-1) then you have a Mariko. This is of course assuming the backplate hasn't been swapped, which it sounds like it hasn't since your friend only used it a few times.

What likely happened is Nintendo were using up old SoC stock so consoles which were patched were being manufactured at the same time as consoles which were unpatched depending on which factory made your console, or your console had a hardware defect and instead of yeeting it they put it aside to be inspected and repaired by an engineer. By the time the engineers got to your console a number of patched consoles had already been produced which messed with community collected data linking serials to hackability.

Either that or the serial number is wrong. The first few letters of the serial number actually mean something, it's not just random crap. https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Product_Information#Prefix

Given on OG consoles that the serial number is attached to the faceplate I find it exceedingly unlikely that it has been swapped with a different console as it's a lot harder to swap the face plate than a backplate. Just in case you can verify that it matches the hardware serial through the settings menu. If it has been swapped then your friend probably gave you a second hand console and didn't tell you (or their parents bought them a second hand console and didn't tell them).

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

Playb01_Cart1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My money is on the franken-switch scenario. Should check the actual serial number inside Setting -> Serial Number with switch booted up.

Just checked the serialmatches I believe
Post automatically merged:

I just checked the existing data and the earliest known firmare version was 9.2.0 for XKJ7. This is way later than when Mariko first became a thing so it almost certainly should have a Mariko motherboard. I think the most likely situation is either a mod chip which you don't know about or the motherboard has been taken out of another Switch and put into that case.

I'm gonna assume this is the final conclusion caus that's it seems like , I guess he was just insanely lucky to get one
Post automatically merged:

OP, can you tell us how the payload was sent to the switch as a couple of members have asked but this is the one question you seem not to answer, as well as what the serial number is in

OP, can you tell us how the payload was sent to the switch as a couple of members have asked but this is the one question you seem not to answer, as well as what the serial number is in system settings.

I booted it using an rcm jig and a payload injector the serial code is XKJ700147-snip-

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: binkinator

Djvarizes

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello. I have a monster Hunter edition switch I bought basically for my kids. Ive checked the serial, it's in orange.
Is there a way (inexpensive of course) to know if it is a patched one or not?
Xkj7 (Wich is weird, as thé link provided above states the j is for jaoan and early Europe, and Im in Switzerland , Wich means Europe)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The "orange" section is a range of serial which NOBODY can be completely sure if is patched or not.

the only way to really know if is patched is to put it on RCM mode and try to inject a payload, if the payload loads is not patched, if you still on a black screen the unit is patched. period.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't figure out why I was getting notifications to this thread, since I know nothing about exploiting switches, but now I know. I've unwatched this thread. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are lucky that you can just use rcm jig and payload injector..... it is possible that the older motherboard is in the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol