Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dude why the hell would he brake your wii? I mean, he couldve just banned you from playing it or something...I dont know. What DO YOU MEAN by "he lacks self control"? I think you should step away from the computer b4 he brakes it...

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
I think what you said is true try your best to get along with your dad (and the rest of family).
Your dad doesn't really understand what hes doing and this kind of stuff propbly hapend to him when he was a child(or worse).
Try your best not to get angry at him and not to fight back don't take it personaly be the man.
Your not going to teach your dad any lessons or make him understand you cant change anybody and there's no point getting revenge. Your dad and his problems aren't your responsibility.
Your dads aggression or whatever it is is his problem, not yours and its not about you its about something deeper with your dad.
Stop the cycle with your dad by being loving to him, this will make you much happier and will be so helpful for him and your family.

Love your enemies is something we all really need to do because if you have no enemies you can be free. If you know that whatever someone can do to you no matter how bad and still love them you can be free.Noone can make you feel anything its your own choice

I know it sucks about your wii but family is more important. I'm not saying bottle up your anger for your dad and go crazy but i think its best to really just do what your family says for the time being.

And good luck with fixing your wii.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Parents like that reeeeeeeally piss me off.

And I'm a parent, not a kid just agreeing with ya dude.

He clearly has problems, and clearly sounds like he should accept that.

And where you are from isn't special, I've seen jerk father's matching that description here too, a long way from where you are.

I'd tell him flat out you bought it he wrecked it he was replacing it immediately or he WOULD regret it also immediately.

And yes, I'd target his possessions, and yes, there would be no mercy.

I've told my son in the past, that as he pays for his portion of the internet, if I am displeased with him I'll be picking something other than his internet, as I am not about to subject him to punishments that are unfair. He also knows rules aren't rules if they only apply to him. I've had to eat my share of crow in the past and apologize when I realized I was out of line.

A real man takes responsibility for his actions. And it sounds like you father isn't much of a real man.

mkill

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Qatar
There must have been an age and region-incompatibility between your dad and the console, He needs to learn that it's 2008, and his old traditions are obsolete. also he could profit from playing 1000hrs puzzle games.

Hey If you can get the cash buy you dad a nintendo wii, I guess he's jealous because he haven't got a wii for himself, can't figure out how it works and is too proud to ask. he's probably so damn stuck back in the 1970s that he haven't played space invaders yet.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm I can relate to this a bit, and for starters the worst thing you can do is say you're sorry. If you say you're sorry right now then he will feel that he was right about everything he said about you and will feel that his treatment of you and your property was 100% justified. Don't do it. He has already broken all your crap so at this point, just let him rot and stew on it, but don't let him hear an apology, have some dignity and honor.

So what, you play some games? I'm going to guess you help around the house and with the kids, and you keep an over A-grade average in school as well...so unless you're shooting crack and screwing hookers in front of the kids I don't think he's got much to complain about unless you are a loaf and a thug at home.

I don't know the laws there, but around your age you can easily take his butt to task in many countries in court or at least with the police. If you can prove anything he broke you bought with your cash earned legitimately outside of some 'allowance' for doing chores for him then he does owe you compensation. If as you said the neighbors can attest to him being a jackass, going to someone about the verbal, physical, and property abuse you got yourself covered. The man needs to realize he's being a complete jackass and out of line. Once you move on to college away from the jerk he's just going to re-direct it on the kids. Do you want to see them yelled at, stuff broken, and their asses beat just because he feels like it? It may suck and be hard, but he needs to be stopped (legally) one way or another. Obviously your mom is used to getting her share if she just hides your half broken stuff and won't stop him after all these years (perhaps her abuse was transferred to you?) so you have to make the move for your sake, the kids, and your mom.

krartan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kick his ass.

Oh, and is dad-related rage covered by the Wii's waranty? If so, try sending it in for, er, repairs. I had an opening-day Wii (hell yeah, I was one of the firsts to get one, sucka) and when Brawl came out, I unfortunately had one of the dusty disc readers. My Wii also had some physical damage, and when I sent it in they fixed it all, everything. Good as new.

Try calling the number, see what they say. If not, I dunno what to tell you.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
If it isn't that old, you can give it to Nintendo for repairs. If it is old, then you have to let it go (sadly)...

Lacking self-control? He REALLY needs help...seriously. Everything happens for a reason and there has to be a reason for that other than you playing too much games.

Good thing my parents are not like those.

³³³

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
mastermanna123 said:
Selxis said:
I'm sure you and your father can come to a reasonable agreement through meaningful and civilized dialouge. It's all about give and take. He thinks you play too much? Sacrifice some of your time to do what pleases him. I mean, it's him who bought you the stuff after all.

Then the next time you play, you can say that you've split your time up and done something he wanted too.

No more pointless rage!

Eternal Myst said:
He is your dad.You can't hate him.
My dad has anger problems like that to.I was playing COD4 too much,and he smashed my Xbox 360 to peices.I miss my dad.

Your dad probably didn't like the fact that you played too much with your Wii.

QUOTE(bahamuta @ Jun 21 2008, 08:07 AM) Train like hell and if he tries to beat you, god dammit beat the hell out of him. Or if you don't really like your dad send him to hospital or...
....No.

I like the way both of you think. I'm really tired of the arguments and fights me and my dad always have. Not to mention, it's not easy on the rest of the family either. I have growing siblings, and I dont want them to learn any of this stuff. And my mom always gets caught up in the middle.
I thank all those who have helped me. I'm gonna go be the bigger man and just say sorry or something...it's gone on long enough.
My dad has high blood pressure and cholestrol, and he's like 46 years old. That's not a healthy mix. I could never forgive myself if anything in the world ever happened.
It's time to end all this.

Ill tell you all how it goes.

He still hasnt returned
Maybe hes dead
ohmy.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone suggesting he break things in retaliation or attacks his dad is seriously a fucking moron.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the feeling we are only getting half of the story... but taking you on your word; I'd suggest biding your time. Eating the food he provides you with, enjoying the roof over your head; all in light of eventually leaving and making your own life.

Personally, I could see myself breaking your wii. Sometimes emotions simply escalate. I bet your grades are good right?
rolleyes.gif
This time of year Wiis, PSPs, all types of consoles are being thrown at walls. When those final grades come in and they're less than stellar parents often blame it on games and they are partially right...

You're doing the right thing by offering the olive branch, even if you are the one who is right and justified. There is never any shame in being the bigger man, how else can you hope to be better than him?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is why I suggested not saying you're sorry, as there's nothing to be sorry about, and to also if possible use the system to seek compensation given it wasn't a gift and personally bought. Like it or not he owes you a new system because nothing you could have done could have justified breaking something like that if it really was your paid for (provably so) property. If it was a item he bought though that is technically yours then he can get away with being a jackass.

I really wouldn't suck up and let him get away with this as he's acting like a monster and I hope for your sake you move out and disown the bastard when you hit 18. Seriously he needs to be dealt with by your legal system because once you move on it'll be a shift of beatings and yelling on the younger kids or your mom.

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
XD dont worry ppl im not dead.
rofl2.gif

It's all good now. My dad's cool again. And this time I think its gonna be all easy and straightforward from here on out.

I apologized, we sat and talked like civilized people. In the end I decided to admit I did play a little too much, and he admit that the action he took was wrong.

So I'm getting my Wii repaired with a custom case and light. A new disk drive if necessary, and whatever else it takes to fix it. However, if the price exceeds what my dad is expecting, seeing that the Wii is slowly being burried under shovelware, my dad offered to just get me a modded Xbox 360 or a PS3.
grog.gif

So I'm cool with the offer, apology accepted. The storms of rage and anger in the house have finally ceased to exist. I'm in a great mood these last few days.
Not to mention, I'm employed now! So it's not like I'm gonna be playing so much anymore
rolleyes.gif
. I'm out to make money, and expand my possessions once again!
grog.gif

Thanks for all the help Vampire Hunter D, Selxis, Eternal Myst, and the rest of GBATEMP that decided to help out.
laugh.gif
I don't know where I'd be without you all! Thanks for everything.
wub.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastermanna123 said:
XD dont worry ppl im not dead.
rofl2.gif

It's all good now. My dad's cool again. And this time I think its gonna be all easy and straightforward from here on out.

I apologized, we sat and talked like civilized people. In the end I decided to admit I did play a little too much, and he admit that the action he took was wrong.

So I'm getting my Wii repaired with a custom case and light. A new disk drive if necessary, and whatever else it takes to fix it. However, if the price exceeds what my dad is expecting, seeing that the Wii is slowly being burried under shovelware, my dad offered to just get me a modded Xbox 360 or a PS3.
grog.gif

So I'm cool with the offer, apology accepted. The storms of rage and anger in the house have finally ceased to exist. I'm in a great mood these last few days.
Not to mention, I'm employed now! So it's not like I'm gonna be playing so much anymore
rolleyes.gif
. I'm out to make money, and expand my possessions once again!
grog.gif

Thanks for all the help Vampire Hunter D, Selxis, Eternal Myst, and the rest of GBATEMP that decided to help out.
laugh.gif
I don't know where I'd be without you all! Thanks for everything.
wub.gif
That's an incredible mood shift.
Like going from The Incredible Hulk to Judge Judy. (It doesn't make sense.)

Good to hear everything's fine and sorted out, and that you don't have to sulk around and hide for 2 years.
wink2.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm interesting that he admitted he went too far and made amends. That's basically what I was trying to get at with the angles I was taking...admission and recoupment of losses.

You're welcome and have fun with your custom Wii. I know you're not in the States or Japan, but right now it's becoming truly the system to have with the lineup popping out this year as the shovelware domination days are over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw