My Duck

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just yesterday, I noticed my duck, Cocoa, was having trouble walking, and she looked smaller than usual.

Today I find out that she's thin as hell, and not eating as much as she should. She wouldn't eat anything, and every time I put her by the food, (cracked corn that was hard to eat normally.) she'd make her way back to the outer part of the chicken house she's in.
But after dinner, I went out and gave the birds some of our left over vegetables from dinner, and I noticed she was eating them. Immediately I took her in the house and gave her the rest of the leftover corn and she ate it.

I'm happy she's eating again, but, I would like to request that my fellow tempers please pray for her health and that she gets better.

Shhh__I__m_hiding__by_sonia_the_blue_aura.jpg

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not one to pray for things, but I really do hope it was nothing serious and that your duck is fine.

Never had a duck myself, but I've been very fascinated with them since a couple of years back.

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
I'm praying for your duck.

8BitWalugi said:
Awww... I had a chicken once. A fox attacked it and killed it.
cry.gif

I hope your duck keeps healthy. I don't want it end up like my chicken.

QUOTE(Minox_IX @ Mar 22 2011, 07:25 PM)
I'm not one to pray for things, but I really do hope it was nothing serious and that your duck is fine.

Never had a duck myself, but I've been very fascinated with them since a couple of years back.

Thanks every one. She's asleep on my bed right now. c: When she wakes up, it's back to eating soft corn and drinking lots of water. XD

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Ducks are adorable! I really hope your little ducky gets better.
smile.gif

Me, too. :C I raised her from when she was a duckling, and it'd really break my heart to lose her.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sonia said:
Slyakin said:
smile.gif

Me, too. :C I raised her from when she was a duckling, and it'd really break my heart to lose her.
I was close to having to put one of my dogs down less than a month ago due to her anterior cruciate ligament being torn, but luckily it took a turn for the better after an operation and she's doing pretty good at this moment. But I know the exact feeling you experience right now and it really is not a pleasurable one at all. That is also why I'm really hoping your duck will return to her previous well-feeling state.

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Sonia said:
Slyakin said:
smile.gif

I was close to having to put one of my dogs down less than a month ago due to her anterior cruciate ligament being torn, but luckily it took a turn for the better after an operation and she's doing pretty good at this moment. But I know the exact feeling you experience right now and it really is not a pleasurable one at all. That is also why I'm really hoping your duck will return to her previous well-feeling state.

Thanks a bunch. I woke her up from her nap a little bit ago and fed her some sloppy corn, and after she ate, she went right back to sleep.

Poor thing has so little energy right now, but she's got the will to live. The way she tries so hard to move from one place to the other, you can just tell.

azntiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! I like ducks. I want it. (Praying for your duck, first time through I just saw the duck and got excited. I hope it makes a full recovery)

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Keep your duck on a soft food diet
happy.gif

Perhaps the duck has sick of the hard to eat foods and was not holding it down in her stomach too well.

Hope your duck stay healthy
wink.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
personally i don't like ducks. but i know the feeling of having one of your pets get sick. so i wish Cocoa recovers quickly.

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
woah that's so awesome !
to have a pet duck !

i will keep it in my prayers for good health and safety !
what's it like to have a pet duck ?

Well, when she was a baby, it was almost like I became a parent. Any time I wasn't with her, she'd cry her eyes out and wouldn't be quiet unless she was with me, so I had to have her sleep in bed next to me at night. XD And she constantly made messes. Things got easier when she started laying eggs, though and I could put her outside with the chickens.

Thank you every one for all your hopes and prayers. It really means a lot to me. C:>

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, your duck isn't feeling good, right? Maybe it's sick or something like that.
unsure.gif

I'll pray for your duck's health.
closedeyes.gif

Actually, I love all animals, I care for them and I love them so much.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)