Hacking My friend asks if there is a way to "jailbreak" the XBONE to run homebrew.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I personally want from xbox homebrew is the ability to install Linux (I liked how it looked on ps4).

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like what everyone else said for now you can run your own UWP Projects through Dev Mode or play various Emulators in Dev Mode such as PPSSPP, RetroArch(RetriX) etc. Myself and others have done alot of work in gathering together a rather decent amount of Emulators/Homebrew for Xbox One that you can download for FREE using ProjectPegasus. https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus

I can confrim that @tunip3 is telling the truth there is in fact stuff being worked on in private although I am not personally involved with any of the attempts to allow piracy for Xbox One. Xbox One Piracy is not something I do now or will support due to my own ethical views on the subject. I understand the need for archiving games for the eventual breakdown of the storage disc media but truth be told when "Most" people say "Backups" 9/10 times it's just a cleaner more sneaky way to say piracy without basically saying piracy. I understand people want piracy for the system but it's not my cup of tea. :wink:

Last edited by wiired24,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like what everyone else said for now you can run your own UWP Projects through Dev Mode or play various Emulators in Dev Mode such as PPSSPP, RetroArch(RetriX) etc. Myself and others have done alot of work in gathering together a rather decent amount of Emulators/Homebrew for Xbox One that you can download for FREE using ProjectPegasus. https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus

I can confrim that @tunip3 is telling the truth there is in fact stuff being worked on in private although I am not personally involved with any of the attempts to allow piracy for Xbox One. Xbox One Piracy is not something I do now or will support due to my own ethical views on the subject. I understand the need for archiving games for the eventual breakdown of the storage disc media but truth be told when "Most" people say "Backups" 9/10 times it's just a cleaner more sneaky way to say piracy without basically saying piracy. I understand people want piracy for the system but it's not my cup of tea. :wink:
yeah i just want to play my games withount needing the disk in as my disk drive broke

Reactions: wiired24
D

Deleted-351540

yeah i just want to play my games withount needing the disk in as my disk drive broke
Ditto. I bought my console second hand with a broken disc drive. I've slowly been rebuilding my game list digitally. Sure does suck purchasing games twice.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Jailbreaking is an iphone thing
Mm, no. Jailbreaking is a BSD thing. The name itself implies that one is breaking out of a jail, which is a sandboxed environment used by BSD systems. Jails have been incorporated into other operating systems (iOS and PS3, for example) from the BSD project.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Mm, no. Jailbreaking is a BSD thing. The name itself implies that one is breaking out of a jail, which is a sandboxed environment used by BSD systems. Jails have been incorporated into other operating systems (iOS and PS3, for example) from the BSD project.
i just bought an xbone and want dev mode for emu since my xbox 1 died and the only reason im commenting is cause u have tbne same avatar :P

Reactions: Joom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.