My medical condition finally got the best of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think that one of the best suggestions is to actually go to Reddit. And just wait one second and hear me out. That community is actually really good sometimes because I was actually reading a case of a terminally ill patient who had a final wish of being cryogenically frozen so that if a cure came out in the future she may have been able to live again. I think she posted on Reddit and achieved the $70000 price tag that was needed to successfully freeze her. A similar thing can happen to you, there are some good people out there willing to help. Please don't give up faith in humanity and think that you are asking too much! :(

I think she would not want to get the needed money with lots of donations due to the total amount needed (or that's what I understood).
But if some important people, maybe that are relevant on her State or not, can totally subsidize the Medical procedures ...than no usual donations would be needed.. ..as I said
Maybe some famous person that live on her State? (as you said, a politician, or actor, artist, etc).. ..if it's someone that uses internet for communication (aka Twitter and Facebook), people could help to send a organized/standardized message. ..it's not that bad of a idea..
But we're having similar thoughts here ...and for this kind of things, Reddit is good for sure
(I just ask for people to not start something like that without the approval from, lets say, p1ng or Xuphor herself ....but thinking/organising this things beforehand doesn't hurt)

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I understand during your time here, that we never really saw eye to eye. But that's okay. We're both human with different views on things, and that's what makes us unique. I really don't know what to say. I don't know you all that well, but I still feel a connection as a fellow member of GBAtemp. It's surreal to say the least. I see the posts on this forum, and even as a Gmod, it's hard to actively realize that there are real people behind those usernames. Today is a jarring example of just that. I'm not a religious man, but I will pray that there is a life beyond this just to hold out a bit of hope that there is something more than this world waiting for you. My thoughts are with you and your family. You will be remembered.

1stClassZackFair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we can all agree that it sickens us to know a life can't be saved due to financial issues. What kind of world do we live in where in order to save a life money is required? I didn't know you personally but you're well known here and my thoughts are with you and your loved ones. Im sorry to say that I won't be praying because "god" has let us all down before at one point or another and will probably let us down once more. Again,Im sorry and best wishes to you. Hope you can enjoy the rest of your time on this earth and we should all do the same. Life is precious and short regardless of anyway you cut,slice or dice it so make everyday count. In the words of Ghandi "Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Farewell.

Reactions: Floating Seal

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This makes me hate the world we live in... But please, don't give up! It doesn't matter what the cost of the operation is, your life is worth more. Do not be afraid to accept charity! I guarantee if you seek help, help will be there.

In any case, best wishes...

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never talked to you but hope you're leaded to a delightful direction, good luck. :)

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, no one try to give me any sort of monetary support, be it money itself, contacting famous people to help me, or anything like that. I will simply refuse to accept it.
All you people suggesting such as that are trying to be helpful/nice, but I really do not want to do that. I do not want to become a famous person by way of a celebrity paying for a sick person's recovery or the like. I do not want to be known be every part of GBATemp because of a Kickstarter to keep me alive. I really do not like that, and do not want it at all.

So please, I appreciate all your concerns, but do not do anything like that. Even if one of you does something like this without telling me, then give me the money once it's there, I will still refuse. It's not just because it's a ton of money, but it's also because I really do not wish to be remembered on the news/around town/on GBATemp as the person/member that only lived because of a generous donation, either by a celebrity or a kickstarter thing.

If you're the type of person that that feels you must help me for some reason, then the only thing I would even think of accepting are things that have no monetary value at all. I don't know of anything like that off hand, but any type of thing that has monetary value directly or indirectly, I will simply refuse, even if the monetary thing is already gathered.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck...

Xuphor, I never really got to know you on a semi-personal level like I have with a good handful of others on this forum. I can't say I've always agreed with everything you say, sometimes to the point of annoyance, but the significance of that was out the window less than five minutes after it happened. It's the internet, we all have opinions, nobody agrees completely, and we move on with our lives.

I've recognized you as a name here since the day I joined, though, and that's what's always big to me. People come, ask a question, and two days later they're gone for good. It's the long time members, people like you, that I am always glad to see around here, because regardless of who they may be, it's just another person who has joined and willfully made a commitment to this great family we call a forum.

And that said... knowing you personally or not, losing a family member is always a terrible thing. I, and all of us here at this forum, we'll all feel it, some more than others... but I know that many of us here will not, nor can we comprehend the anxiety, stress, and sorrow that you and your family and friends are and will be going through in the coming weeks.

I know it's vain as hell to say... but try to hang in there... put up the good fight as long as it's worth fighting for.

I know you oppose the idea of a charity or fundraiser in your name, but please, if you do reconsider, I wish for you or any member here who reads this post to please PM me with the appropriate details so I can make a contribution should a fund be set up. Otherwise, if there's anything you're looking for, some sort of toy, accessory, anything like that that you're interested in having to play around with or admire in the coming time, let me, and all of us here, know. I'd love to help out however I can if there's anything you need or want.

In the mean time... What a long, strange trip it's been...

If the coming weeks play out the way you and the doctors expect them to... I'll see you on the flip side, some day. Take it easy, friend.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, no one try to give me any sort of monetary support, be it money itself, contacting famous people to help me, or anything like that. I will simply refuse to accept it.
All you people suggesting such as that are trying to be helpful/nice, but I really do not want to do that. I do not want to become a famous person by way of a celebrity paying for a sick person's recovery or the like. I do not want to be known be every part of GBATemp because of a Kickstarter to keep me alive. I really do not like that, and do not want it at all.

So please, I appreciate all your concerns, but do not do anything like that. Even if one of you does something like this without telling me, then give me the money once it's there, I will still refuse. It's not just because it's a ton of money, but it's also because I really do not wish to be remembered on the news/around town/on GBATemp as the person/member that only lived because of a generous donation, either by a celebrity or a kickstarter thing.

Hi Xuphor, i do understand your feeling and this is one of the toughest thing to do for a man, and i guess a woman, to ask for help, to allow yourself being helped by others.. I talk from experience.

Truth is, it is not a weakness but a blessing to know you are one of us and that you are not alone and isolated in your trial, please consider helping hands are available, that life has no price and when i said before i admire you for being so proud, it is because of the dignity you have accepting your disease to the point of dying.. But please, you don't have to prove you are strong, you are already, don't be TOO proud to request and accept all the help you may get, there is no shame hanging on to life..

Do you know one of the first word babies learn is "thanks".. ? Thanks for this life, we born totally dependant of our parents and caretakers.. Growing up as adults don't change a thing, we will NEVER be able to return the favor of being alive and having been taken care of by others from birth till death. So.. Let us support each other as much as humanly possible.. Simply, with respect and kindness. Bless you furvert.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
While we never really got along, as far as petty forum arguments go, it's horrible when anyone is in this situation, no matter what you think of them.

I'm not really good at writing sentimental, "feely" stuff, but I wish you well, and I am hoping for the best. I believe in miracles myself, so I pray that one will find its way to you.

Also, as far as receiving monetary help from other people goes...This is your life we're talking about. It's not something to be humble about. I could understand if this was something like getting help with rent, or something else, but this is the most important thing that has ever happened to you.

You'd be surprised at how generous people are if you gave them a chance.

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't know what to say. I do not personally know you, however, I'm deeply saddened to hear that a fellow GBAtemp member would be no more. The sheer thought of never seeing you post again is chilling, to say the least.

What makes it even worse is the fact that you can't live because the surgery's not very affordable. The health care system sucks so much. Lives are invaluable and putting a price tag on them is completely inhumane. Anyway, I wish you all the best and do hope that a miracle happens. My thoughts go out to your friends and family. Farewell. :(

Reactions: RedCoreZero

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I appreciate all your concerns, but do not do anything like that. I will still refuse. It's not just because it's a ton of money, but it's also because I really do not wish to be remembered on the news/around town/on GBATemp as the person/member that only lived because of a generous donation, either by a celebrity or a kickstarter thing.
Well ..asking for any kind of help always rises the chance that the helper will do it's part with the intention of getting attention (not something that can be intentionally avoided I guess..)

But this problem of intention from the said helper (with him wanting attention) is something that is his problem really ...he is the one that will have to rethink about it or be judged by society.

Now, asking for sincere help, is never something to be ashamed of. Its a humbleness exercise ...what is never a bad thing (it's actually more a way of personal growth than something bad to be remember about). -> I would only care about being remember about things that you actually did, like being strong and courageous enough to find help ...worrying about what people will think about the helpers involved and stuff would be a bit of a stretch, since this part of the equation is totally out of your control (and I think that most of the people that care to think before judging would remember you based on what you've done ....and not on some eventual popularity that the helpers involved gained) -> and that's the only judgement that matters (and the way I see, not a bad way to be remembered).

But don't worry much about my text :) I'm sure nobody here will do anything against your wishes. If you don't want monetary support, then that way it'll be.

Hope you get stronger friend

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that tears me up more than your pending death is the fact that neither you nor I can pay for it. Everyone deserves a chance to live a full life, money be damned.

I really don't know you at all, but I'm so sad to hear this news. Regardless of what ends up happening, I do hope it ends with you in some form of peace and happiness, in this life or the next.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
I hardly knew you you, Xuphor, but you always seemed to be a nice person while I was reading your posts. It's understandable that you are unwilling to accept monetary donations, but if you happen to change your mind, I'm sure we would all be happy to help. I don't think anyone will try to change your mind, though.

I do hope that you will be able to survive and enjoy the rest of your time in this life. Good luck with everything.

Reactions: ComeTurismO

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stay strong Xuphor, keep fighting for every possible minute. All I can offer are my deepest, sincerest sympathies to yourself and your loved ones.
I pray you all enjoy the rest of your time together.
Peace -x-

Reactions: TripleSMoon

SolidSnake95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading your post made me realize there are some who just get the bad apple of life. People already doomed and determined to die when they're born.

You're stronger than me, because I would probably have my life ended instead of living through the pain and torment of living, knowing my time is up soon.

If there is ever a new lease on life, hopefully your new lease is a life much better than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries