My parents frustrate me to no end

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know those nagging parents most, if not all, have. Yeah.. My parents are like that, esp. my mother. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but right now it's getting out of hand.

Going to move for the 2nd time in almost 2 months. It was pre-decided for me to get the bigger room because I'm the oldest still around, blah.

I have 2 younger brothers. One is 12 nearing entrance to 7th grade. The other is 10 going to 5th.

They're still going to share the same room.

Not because the house lacks a separate room for both, no, but my mother is EXTREMELY unwilling to give my 10 year old brother his seperate room. Using the excuses "he can't sleep in a room by himself" or "he's still afraid of the dark". Frankly, it's her goddamn fault he's like that. Smothering him. Sheltering him. Trying to "preserve" his mind and soul from any "impurities" he may come across. (yet he knows all the "normal" American swear words and how to use them correctly, yeah, good job.)

Together, my brothers create a crapstorm in their room, which also is a key factor in why they can't separate. When in reality it's just my middle brother being stupid and my parents just group them together anyway.

So now they're getting an my BIGGER room together to have even MORE mess, giving me the smallest room, and using the extra room they COULD HAVE used to separate them, for the computer room.

Awesome.

I don't mean to bash the people that raised me, but seriously, sometimes I think they're just to ignorant to accept that shit is really happening.

P.S. Fuck the neighbor kid for messing up my Wii. Thank you very much.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't complain about room size.

my rooms about 4m x 3m. with a built in ward-drobe that takes up about .5m x 3.5m. with my bed and computer in my room i've only got about a metre of walking space.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
my room is 5x5m and im sharing with my brother it has my ps3 wii and ps2 and my pc all in that room ive been doing room tetris to make it so i can move around in it without walking over a bed

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not the room size I care about anymore, because honestly, I'm fine with whatever as long as I can call it a room. It's just the fact that my parents won't realize my brothers can't forever share a room.

I admit to being pretty goddamn spoiled like many Amerikan kids are. It's pretty lame, I know, to listen to me whine like it's the end of the world.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I live in the dorms - so literally a metre of space between the desk/computer, a chair, a bed, a wardrobe, two hanging shelves and my bed. Not fun, but that's why I have a single room.

My aunt does the same thing. She has two kids, one is female and the other male. They fought like hell (one of them even got into drugs as a way to enhance focus for schoolwork - eg. snorting unprescribed ritalin...lovely) and she thinks she can still protect the kids from bad things. Kids make stupid judgements all the time, you have to let them fuck up for themselves instead of covering up the bumps and shit of life.

I made loads of mistakes in my life, and basically my mother told me to suck it up and take it on.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
It's just the fact that my parents won't realize my brothers can't forever share a room
Why not? Do your brothers even want separate rooms? There's nothing wrong with sharing, it won't kill them to share until they're old enough move out.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Using the excuses "he can't sleep in a room by himself" or "he's still afraid of the dark"

I'm sure your mother uses those excuses because she is too polite to tell you it's to discourage 'self abuse'. You get your own bedroom because girls , of course, don't do that kind of thing.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwoBladedKnight said:
I have the smallest room in the house, but hey, sometimes you just have to live with it, I also have a bunk bad and I'm 17 but hey, I couldnt really care less
We had a bunk bed as well, but it had a terrible build quality; we removed the bunk and now we have two mattresses that are on the floor. I sleep on the floor, though. Our room mate slept on my bed. After it broke, he moved into the computer room, and I finally started sleeping on a bed again. It's been like four years, lol.

QUOTE(Twiffles @ Feb 21 2010, 12:17 AM) It's not the room size I care about anymore, because honestly, I'm fine with whatever as long as I can call it a room. It's just the fact that my parents won't realize my brothers can't forever share a room.

I admit to being pretty goddamn spoiled like many Amerikan kids are. It's pretty lame, I know, to listen to me whine like it's the end of the world.
My brother and I have been sharing a room ever since we were toddlers, IIRC. I'm 15, he's 14. I really want my own room, but there is no space. I'm surprised your brothers haven't begged their mom for their own room.

Also, did you spell American wrong on purpose?

tobi9859

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Just be grateful you actually have a room for yourself. I have to sleep in the living room.

Me too
tongue.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah that sucks i grew up sharing a room with my brother and my sisters each had their own room but then everyone got their own rooms when they kicked me out at 15 lol

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about that. I do have a question : how did your Wii get messed up?" Can't your parents understand the situation and bomb the neighbor's house? (To get the money back)

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Twiffles said:
It's not the room size I care about anymore, because honestly, I'm fine with whatever as long as I can call it a room. It's just the fact that my parents won't realize my brothers can't forever share a room.

Dont know if this is off-topic but

Dont worry, ive been through your experience. What i see it from is that parents tend to care more about their young and pretty much ignore you. Not to offend anyone, but it happens. I thought your post was really cool, adressing the issues of which some people may still have today as we speak.

I remember the time my parents only listened to my sister and bought everything she wanted, on the other hand, they didnt even listen to me. It hurts but, I can live through it.

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They updated my Wii to 4.2 and it deleted HBC and all that. The IOS stuff got messed up so I couldn't just reinstall things so I spent a good 8 hours to fix it. With the awesome help of the people in the Wii - Hacking board here.

And well, I ended up just taking whatever I had in terms of "rooms". It's better than sleeping in the garage or no room at all like some of you said (I sympathize with both since I've had my share of experiences). I had to pay for paint though to paint it, minor setback though, the paint (literally) looked good on paper but on the walls it looks like bright lemons. xD

Oh wells, all in due time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1