Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sixteenbuttons said:
damingraham said:
people keep gettin dumber and dumber

thats why macs are our future. get it? hahah.

i mean people can compare specs and financial bullshit allday, but it comes down to what your prefer. When you look at the average end user experience on either platform, theyre nearly identical.
Word Processing = Same.
Internet = Same.
Pr0n = Same.
Games = Not same, mac owners just buy 360s.
Photoshop and the rest of Creative Suite (flash, AE, illustrator) = Same.
Pro-Tools, Reason, and music creation = Pretty much the same, Mac trumps by a hair.
PROFESSIONAL Film Editing = Same, tipped in macs favor (Avid and Final Cut are comparable, except Final Cut is way cheaper, requires no proprietary hardware other than the mac itself, and handles more file formats than avid,)
Customizing = Windows has more options.
Programming/Coding/Development = I dont know but my guess is Windows

QUOTEThe clear truth is that PC can do anything a mac can minus little insignificant perks.

But couldnt the reverse be said too for the most part? That macs can do anything that PCs do, but with the perks?

Word processing/office productivity, ok.
Internet, ok.
pr0n != same. Everyone knows that Apple = "a family company". They would NEVER endorse pr0n on their machines. (Of course there's nothing they can really do about it on Macs because there isn't really an App Store for them)
Games, ehh. They all just go play on their iPhones instead. Don't know anyone with a Mac that actually plays a 360.
Any content creation will basically be better on Macs. I don't know why, but I would assume people would like to work on elegant looking machines?
Customizing, ok
Programming/dev stuff, Windows definitely wins.

Now, for Macs being able to do PC stuff,
1. hackint0sh (aka cheap upgradeable "Macs")
2. Customization, my friend. Customization.
3. Stuff like the Magic Mouse and multi touch, that's why there's DIY.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
I provide points, and he just wants to cause E-Drama. It's just that simple. This is a forum, and apparently people DO GIVE A FUCK. Case in point.Almost every one of my posts has a point (including both my responses to you). Are you so blinded by your desire to be Captain Moralfag that you can't see past any semblance of an insult to comprehend the rest of the text?

QUOTEAny content creation will basically be better on Macs. I don't know why, but I would assume people would like to work on elegant looking machines?
On content creation, mainly because they were the first major manufacturer to implement a GUI. At that point all content creators jumped on the Mac ship, creating a fairly decent-sized niche for themselves which remains to this day.

On development and programming, it depends on your target platform. OSX has the benefit of being able to compile POSIX software natively, but VS is a pretty brilliant IDE.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImperialX said:
Without Apple, this World will be vastly different, and almost definitely not a better one. With this fact established, let me ask the main question of this rant. Why do you hate Apple so much?
This gave me irl shits and giggles. They're not Jesus ffs. Didn't bother to keep on reading. You say you're "unbiased" while you say you own almost every Apple product and use them on a daily basis.

gl wif dat, yo'

Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
I provide points, and he just wants to cause E-Drama. It's just that simple. This is a forum, and apparently people DO GIVE A FUCK. Case in point.Almost every one of my posts has a point (including both my responses to you). Are you so blinded by your desire to be Captain Moralfag that you can't see past any semblance of an insult to comprehend the rest of the text?

Any content creation will basically be better on Macs. I don't know why, but I would assume people would like to work on elegant looking machines?
On content creation, mainly because they were the first major manufacturer to implement a GUI. At that point all content creators jumped on the Mac ship, creating a fairly decent-sized niche for themselves which remains to this day.

On development and programming, it depends on your target platform. OSX has the benefit of being able to compile POSIX software natively, but VS is a pretty brilliant IDE.
newsfromdomo.jpg

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
I thought it was a clever comeback...
frown.gif
Thanks for raining on my parade.

I provide points, and he just wants to cause E-Drama. It's just that simple. This is a forum, and apparently people DO GIVE A FUCK. Case in point.

You're welcome.
It's E-drama that you're contributing to by replying back and giving in to, don't point fingers.
You two should agree to disagree and get over it.
Useless bickering over who started what and who's right or wrong doesn't quite matter when you'll never meet the person.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dan80315 said:
ImperialX said:
Without Apple, this World will be vastly different, and almost definitely not a better one. With this fact established, let me ask the main question of this rant. Why do you hate Apple so much?
This gave me irl shits and giggles. They're not Jesus ffs. Didn't bother to keep on reading. You say you're "unbiased" while you say you own almost every Apple product and use them on a daily basis.
He does have a point though.

Apple brought the Alto-based GUI (which Xerox had no plans to mass manufacture) to market. Who knows how long it would have taken another company to produce a similar interface, thus the PC industry would have been set back some amount of time.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Sterl500 said:
I thought it was a clever comeback...
frown.gif
Thanks for raining on my parade.

I provide points, and he just wants to cause E-Drama. It's just that simple. This is a forum, and apparently people DO GIVE A FUCK. Case in point.

You're welcome.
It's E-drama that you're contributing to by replying back and giving in to, don't point fingers.
You two should agree to disagree and get over it.
Useless bickering over who started what and who's right or wrong doesn't quite matter when you'll never meet the person.

Right as always. I am going to make a blog just to keep this topic from derailing anymore than it has.

EDIT: Oh, and like I said:

QUOTE(Sterl500 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:10 PM)
1) The way the GUI is set out is just horrendous, and if Microsoft had not won that law suit I may have very well been using a MAC.
But I am not. It's a moot point driven by the fact that Apple lost their "look and feel" to Microsoft.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Sterl500 said:
1) The way the GUI is set out is just horrendous, and if Microsoft had not won that law suit I may have very well been using a MAC.
But I am not. It's a moot point driven by the fact that Apple lost their "look and feel" to Microsoft.
Personally I find it much more intuitive than Windows'.

Is subjective judgment the best argument you can come up with?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
Sterl500 said:

Depends as always. Apple is suited for the minority people that like it, and windows/linux is for the people who are flexible, and are more inclined to like advertisements that don't bash another company. I am a PC and I helped create windows 7.
smile.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
Sterl500 said:

Depends as always. Apple is suited for the minority people that like it, and windows/linux is for the people who are flexible, and are more inclined to like advertisements that don't bash another company. I am a PC and I helped create windows 7.
smile.gif
Are you actually implying that consumers are well-informed and make their OS decisions based on facts?

Surely you jest.

(not to mention choosing your computing platform based on the company's advertising campaign is pretty silly)

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
Sterl500 said:

smile.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-YesqzvNk#t=01m41s
@1:41 agree with you right there. Putting down other companies just to try and gain a bit of good PR is a douche move.

Tired of arguing with friends of friends on Facebook about PC vs Mac/Mac vs PC. Apple fanboys are one of the very reasons why I hate Apple. They just aren't flexible. Makes them look pathetic clinging to Steve Jobs as if he were God...

And regarding your post Urza, I find that all the people I know either:
a) buy stuff because I recommend it/I say they should
b) buy stuff because of business
c) buy stuff because it's "cool"/"everyone has it" (think iPod Touches, iPhones, smaller extent iPads, in fact any Apple device)
It's like I do all the research for them! And they STILL don't listen to me! WTF!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
Sterl500 said:

smile.gif
Are you actually implying that consumers are well-informed and make their OS decisions based on facts?

Surely you jest.

(not to mention choosing your computing platform based on the company's advertising campaign is pretty silly)
Yet people do this every day. This is what advertising is made for. Manipulation of the facts, and people. You don't seem to realize the same applies for mac users too. After all they are people.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Urza said:

Surely you jest.

Yet people do this every day. This is what advertising is made for. Manipulation of the facts, and people. You don't seem to realize the same applies for mac users too. After all they are people.
So you agree with me?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
Urza said:

Surely you jest.

So you agree with me?
No I agree to disagree. Well, maybe I do agree with the bolded text if it was sarcasm.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL when I saw the title of this topic, I thought it meant your rant to apple (fruit) haters LMAO

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It uses snippets of actual UNIX code sporadically as the Mach kernel was originally built off a BSD kernel, and the current Mac OS kernel is built upon the Mach kernel. The parts used are under an open license, and also very, very minute in quantity; to the point of not even being relevant. Might want to check your facts before spouting topical knowledge you don't understand.

You are however correct in that the post has an error, as OSX conforms to the current UNIX spec and thus is part of the OS tree. I figured in the context it wasn't particularly prevalent that I mention OSX' exclusion, since it was mentioned later in the sentence.

I wouldn't say the kernel is a very minute, irrelevant, portion of an OS. It's pretty much the OS itself. Have you seen the kernel source? Have you sat and compared every line of Darwin to BSD? And I'm pretty sure I have a pretty good foundation for my facts. I've been in the IT industry for over 10 years, the last 3 of which were spent at Sun Microsytems. You know, the company that NeXT (owned by Jobs) partnered with to develop Openstep, another contributing ancestor to OSX.

Here's some reading for you: http://osxbook.com/book/bonus/ancient/what...x/arch_xnu.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64