• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

MyPillow CEO tears into 'evil media' for mocking his appearance at White House press briefing

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As someone else already pretty much said, you can have a President that hangs out socially with the likes of Jay-Z and Ludacris and goes on the Ellen show again soon enough.
Firstly, the current president himself is a C-list (reality TV) celebrity. Secondly, that's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Every president has celebrities and sports teams visit the White House during their tenure, but it's obviously not appropriate during a worldwide pandemic. Neither the MyPillow guy nor Jay-Z could possibly have anything of substance to add to the conversation at a time like this. How quickly the nation forgets what common sense looks like.

Last edited by Xzi,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So now his response is pillow talk with pillow guy - that 'voluntarily' (not because of triggering a national defense act) stopped sewing pillows for a while - which is a PR response.
Well - I'm wrong. :)

Partly. Pillow guy is a response, just for a later stage (usually after curfews). And also 'voluntary' or 'free market' decision making (what he demonstrated at that press event) is wrong in connection to facemasks.

If you make face masks (the non N95 kind) compulsory - they will at last slow down the spread. For that you also need the manufacturing sector to produce them. If that can be done voluntary (they do it out of their own volition), all the better.

But they arent doing it because they are doing the government a favor necessarily, they are doing it, because there are price premiums on them, and they sell.

That said, Trumps response is both 'not nothing' and also 'wrong' here. ;)

Wrong - because only government making mask use compulsory is of any use. (Press meeting with pillow guy is not.)

Not nothing - because he delegated the response (make mask use compulsory) to governors - finally - (after saying a day prior that he wouldnt), which is fine.

So there is a response. Apart from manufacturing, its just not national, basically.

Which I think even I argued would happen in the US more likely (large country, differing population densities), once.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The United States is not a theocracy. It is not a "Christian nation." Refer to the first line of the First Amendment. This was a political event, and should be separate from all religions. Not because it triggers me, but because that's one of the nation's principles. Also, seeing Donald Trump as some Christ figure sent from Heaven by God himself is a misguided and dangerous ideology from a liberty standpoint.

Nothing to fault his company on though. Good job manufacturing much-needed masks during a shortage.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
Reactions: Sicklyboy

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
The United States is not a theocracy.

Eeehh.... that could be argued tbh. It's certainly one of the most ultra- religious countries in the world, and their flavour of Christian is without a doubt the dominating force. I would compare them to the strictest Muslim Nations in some places, they really can be quite insane and dangerous.

Refer to the first line of the First Amendment.

This seems like a case of 'it's nice to want things'.

People only refer to that document when it suits them.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a case of 'it's nice to want things'.

People only refer to that document when it suits them.
What do you mean? I refer to it all the time, because it suits everyone to strictly adhere to it, and if they don't like it, then have it amended the proper way instead of just ignoring it.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
What do you mean? I refer to it all the time, because it suits everyone to strictly adhere to it, and if they don't like it, then have it amended the proper way instead of just ignoring it.

You may be a moderate individual. People who aren't, only refer to the Constitution when it allows them to call minorities racial slurs or buy automatic weapons.

Last edited by Waygeek,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may be a moderate individual. People who aren't, only refer to the Constitution when it allows them to call minorities racial slurs or buy automatic weapons.
More of a libertarian, borderline anarchist, but yes, much like the Bible, people like to pick and choose which parts they believe in and which ones they don't.

carizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm, you must not have read the article or the hateful tweets. It was because he is "the pillow guy", believes in God, a conservative, and a Trump supporter that attracted so much ire towards him.
If this was a democrat who praised Allah under Obama, then the leftstream media would be blowing him while you would claim he was "so brave and selfless".
no self respecting leftist would praise anyone who risked the health of their workers for a bit of free publicity, be them a Muslim, atheist or Christian

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
I'm really confused at what the controversy is here.

OP is offended that people are offended?

OP is a MAGA head, pretending that non-stories are super offensive and real stories are irrelevant LIBRUL MEDIA CONSPIRACY. Have a look through his started threads, he should've been gone ages ago.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is a MAGA head, pretending that non-stories are super offensive and real stories are irrelevant LIBRUL MEDIA CONSPIRACY. Have a look through his started threads, he should've been gone ages ago.
no offense (ironic considering the OP and all, I know) but you don't exactly contribute much more.
you're basically just as biased-beyond-actual-contribution as said OP.
and I can already tell you're going to badly insult me because of this stating that I don't contribute.
at least my comment history includes something that isn't politically inclined insults.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Are you saying biased people aren't allowed to criticize biased people?
Or are you saying that being biased some justifies other people to be biased?

Neither position is sensible, is there another interpretation that I am missing?

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
no offense (ironic considering the OP and all, I know) but you don't exactly contribute much more.
and I can already tell you're going to badly insult me because of this stating that I don't contribute.
at least my comment history includes something that isn't politically inclined insults.

Wouldn't brag about your post history mate, from what I've seen it's nothing but hot air and not being able to offer a viewpoint on the thread topic at all.

The only thing you have to say is 'tolerate intolerance'.

And my only answer to that

is 'No.'

Are you saying biased people aren't allowed to criticize biased people?
Or are you saying that being biased some justifies other people to be biased?

Neither position is sensible, is there another interpretation that I am missing?

The thing that you're missing is that this is kind of their thing, they do it in multiple threads.

Last edited by Waygeek,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing that you're missing is that this is kind of their thing, they do it in multiple threads.

Do what? Criticize someone who is biased when they have their own biases? Doesn't that describe all people?

The post about the "OP being a MAGA head" is pretty much spot on, it's impossible to dismantle all the OP's incorrect assumptions as he lacks too many skills (but then that is why he's a trump supporter in the first place). So every thread will descend into him making subhuman posts and then people complaining about them.

It's still useful because anyone jumping to the defense can be written off as a human being. As people only become right wing to protect their frail identity, then this will hurt a lot & cause them to be triggered. This is still useful, as it tells us how weak they are.

The only thing you have to say is 'tolerate intolerance'.

And my only answer to that

is 'No.'

Right, we can't and shouldn't tolerate Trump and his supporters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Last edited by smf,

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blah blah blah right wingers, blah blah blah lefties, blah blah blah.

It's all just noise; seeing people who claim to align against what they perceive to be their political/ideological opposites.
It'd be easier to join in the banter if there were any actual critical arguments being entertained.

But, it looks like just Twitter typecasting at best... You don't have to be a 'centrist' to not identify with the one-axis political spectrum.

imo
:rolleyes:

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Do what? Criticize someone who is biased when they have their own biases? Doesn't that describe all people?

The post about the "OP being a MAGA head" is pretty much spot on, it's impossible to dismantle all the OP's incorrect assumptions as he lacks too many skills (but then that is why he's a trump supporter in the first place). So every thread will descend into him making subhuman posts and then people complaining about them.

It's still useful because anyone jumping to the defense can be written off as a human being. As people only become right wing to protect their frail identity, then this will hurt a lot & cause them to be triggered. This is still useful, as it tells us how weak they are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Can't help but agree with all of the tbqh.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hahup, Maga heads be silly, ha hup, lack too many skills to even talk to them. Look at us agreeing, quite honestly. And then we berate people a bunch, and now everything is good again, because no one answers back anymore.

People only ever vote right wing to protect their frail identities. Haha! (Identity politics believers unite!)

You both are self righteous pricks, that dont do anything else but call out people for being on the wrong political side, then shout them down for days. SJWs are the worst social group ever formed. You are destroying this forum as a discusson platform as of now.

You've long acknowledged, that you dont need arguments for any of it - personal insults will do just fine. And you are not even insulting people in power (Trump, ...), you are insulting their voters directly - for nothing else, but their voting behavior, without explaining anything factual or in detail.

You even have an explaination for that: You just cant, the other side is too dumb. Ha hup!

All that does is to produce exactly the divide the left currently does its darndest to overcome.

(Again TheHill is a bad source, they overexaggerate everything without reason, just for the clicks - in this case the point is, that thats microtargeting one demographic on facebook, you do the same with 15 others - thats not the main political strategy of the dems, thats just a small part of it. Which is why I hate micro targeting, but - oh well, no one else cares...)

It halts debate. And it ultimately feeds Magaheads, because you dont help them to understand their own argumentative flaws in any way. You only strengthen their believes and prejudices. You aren't permitting any interaction, any debate. Any exchange of arguments.

You basically all just say they be an underclass, then laugh about them a little too much, and then look, with you mouths open, while they win elections. Bravo.

Waygeek feeds into rightwing prejudices about the unbarebleness of liberals with every post he makes. A true agent provocateur. Because he adds nothing, but infuriates even moderates.

Now assigning this to a quick key, because I have the feeling, that I will have to repost this quite a few times as election season starts.

Not tolerating half of the country as a self righteous prick is definitely the way to win national elections.
Can't help but agree with all of the tbqh.
Of course you do.

Last edited by notimp,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not tolerating half of the country as a self righteous prick is definitely the way to win national elections.

You're talking like tolerating them would make any difference,they are in psychosis and nothing is going to snap them out of it. I'm quite willing and able to discuss with people of different opinions, just not those that are delusional.

I think it will be a long time before the OP is able to have a rational discussion.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wanted to download the Sonic manía plus android versión cuz i have Netflix but my phone isnt compatible
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    @The Real Jdbye you seem confused, nes remix 2 had nes open
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    guys does anyone know anything about usbloadergx? i have a question. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-sd-and-thumb-drive-at-the-same-time-usbloadergx.655497/)
    Dumpflam @ Dumpflam: guys does anyone know anything about usbloadergx? i have a question...