name the thing that had the most influence on you

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet you still pirate roms.
tongue.gif

I know, I know, you don't pirate, you're just here for the community, just like everyone else.
rolleyes.gif

wellll no one is perfect
tongue.gif

but you get my point
wink.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
hmmm...

I've never even thought about this before.. let's see..

socially, theres a couple of defining moments from high school I think I'll probably remember forever.

One time, sitting in class at one side of the room, on this side of the room is all my friends, and I guess the "popular girls"
I get up to talk to the teacher, and while I do this, I see the girls wave over one of the nerdy girls to sit in my chair.
while talking to the teacher I just assessed the whole thing, the nerdy girl knew she was taking my seat and that she'd have to defend it in order to impress the other girls, and those girls knew if I just sat somewhere else she had won
it's like something out of the fuckin discovery channel, and by this point in highschool, I was sick of these stupid little tests everyone was so giddy to be behind.

So I walked back to my desk, completely calm and said to her very quietly; "you can make me look like a jerk and tell me it's just a chair, but if you don't get off, I'm gonna throw you off then knock out all those bitches when they start screaming for me to calm down"
and she just looked straight at me and her understanding expression suddenly changed and said "Jeez! it's just a chair, fine you can have it!"
and all the girls gave their disapproving "guh"s and I got back to my work.

was I really going to do what I said? I never considered actually doing it, and do I think the nerdy girl even understood the situation and just took what I said as a threat and not actual help?
I dunno, but it was the point where I realized even if everyone else could already see all these little social tests set up for them, they all wanted to play by the rules.

and another time was I was just arguing with one of the girls in PE, eventually I said at some point something like "I really don't care what you think" and then she sorta broke the rules and said "yeah you do"
so then I looked at her, like what is this? does she really want to boast that? and I just went into a verbal frenzy where I basically said "the second I don't see you, is the second I forget you exist, and when I do see you, you're just a fuckin shell of a human. I don't even think of you, so why would I give a fuck what you think of anything?"

high school was fun.

I'd also say hiphop and video games have had a huge influence on me, and they continue to do so in just about everything I do

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The internet. Byfar the most life changing expirence I have ever had.

Theres definitely other things that has influnced me for the better (or not), but gbatemp isn't a diary.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Realizing that despite all the noise about individuality, realizing dreams and other such bullshit, 99% of humanity (myself included) really isn't spectacular or even creative. We exist to consume, waste, repeat. A good source of nookie or a new ride will probably be the highlights of life. Business, government and assorted scamsters will ride on you like leeches the whole way and when it's all over, you leave debt, a pile of cheap junk and a blank entry on a WoW friends list.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The book "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein.
It brought me to the realization that my Christianity was a construct, and that my life was my own, my savior was me.
I don't know if that's what the book was meant to put across, but that's what I got out of it, and my life was different from then on.

Oh, and Alice Cooper wearing a dress.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
many things actually

a) calling first time with modem ... finding some friends who are into computers too
b) demoscene, sharing the creative spirit, and not just consuming
c) alternative/underground comics, these things really changed my perspective what comics should be
d) all kind of music, not just electronic music. i dont want to be stuck listening just techno for example. getting into jazz and all kind of black music.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably the Atari 2600, it introduced me to games about 20 years ago.
Add to that anything I played over the next 6 years, because since I've been 10 years old I knew that I want to be games designer. Now I am at uni studying to get there.

I would like to think that I am open to any influences (movie, tv, music genres, etc) that I would put into my games, but its likely to be influenced by my favorites. For example, I love puzzle games and the game I am planning ATM is a puzzle game.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haha you're a teenager aren't you Taras?...no offense of course I was once one of them.

life is whatever you make it and if you choose to make it about that it's all cool I guess.

The Beatles influences me the most...and my Mum.
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3