Hacking NAND Backup time

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First im not sure if this its the right place or its on Homebrew but let go to problem. I have a WiiU 32GB and im doing a NAND backup. Well its almost 24 hours now and still its almost 33% (00A3 from 03B3, i think a 0100 at least would be the third part). Well the thing its than i want know people with same WiiU how long can take this shit in be finished.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First im not sure if this its the right place or its on Homebrew but let go to problem. I have a WiiU 32GB and im doing a NAND backup. Well its almost 24 hours now and still its almost 33% (00A3 from 03B3, i think a 0100 at least would be the third part). Well the thing its than i want know people with same WiiU how long can take this shit in be finished.
I don't think it should take that long, does your SD card have at least 33 GB free?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Typically and roughly:
20 minutes for SLC
more than 1 hour for SLCCMP (Vwii), despite being the same physical chip as the above it's aggressively reread 3 times for bad blocks, apparently
About 15 minutes for 8 GB MLC, proportionally 32GB should be little more than 1 hour

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I thought mine took more than it should... 24 hours to just do 33% is ridiculous.

My 32GB WiiU took just over 3 hours to dump everything and I was using a fast SD card. Not that it matters, as long as it isn't class 2 or so card...

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That SD card is more than capable specs wise. Unless, there might be a case of incompatibility between that card and the console. You have any other SD card you can try?

I backed up my WiiU NAND as it was, I didn't delete anything, though I had very little in it, pretty much only game saves and it still took over 3 hours. AFAIK, I believe that the backup is a 1:1, block by block copy, so being full or empty it won't matter as it'll copy even empty areas.

Last edited by GearCross,
Reactions: Ryccardo

ivoyko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly its the only 64GB card than i have. I has it on my 3DS and i moved all my stuff to computer for use it with WiiU. Well... i think i go to wait a week or more before this finish. Its ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zRP4O4N7FPU?si=onaJGFGw9vP1XCSQ