nds-bootstrap loader: Run commercial NDS backups from an SD Card

nds-bootstrap:

Thanks to the work of ahezard, Gericom, Apache, Robz8, _catcatcat, and shutterbug2000 and other contributors, we can now load NDS games from the SD card, without any flashcard/SLOT-1 card.

Don't expect high compatibility, but do expect many, many updates.

:arrow: Compatibility listing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=0

:arrow: The official Discord server for nds-bootstrap:
https://discordapp.com/invite/7bxTQfZ

:arrow: The thread for the recommended loader (by Robz8):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/

:arrow: SRLoader for softmodded DSis (by Robz8):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/srloader-nds-app-for-dsi.472200/

:arrow: If you're more of a forwarder person:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

:arrow: Link to the releases page:
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/releases

:arrow: Anti-Piracy patch list by Robz8
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ap-patch-preservation.477536/

Also, thank you to our testers:
Historian
JoshuaDoes
thejsa
Alerdy
PokeAcer

Also, a video thanks to Robz8:

And another thanks to Alerdy:

Last edited by shutterbug2000,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it from a paradisiacal site never patched it, i played the same ROM on my NDSi and never get any problem anyway i'll try to download it again and test.
Strange, I found it on that paradise site too. Corrupted .sav? Creating a new game won't fix that. A corrupted ROM is also a possibility.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, I found it on that paradise site too. Corrupted .sav? Creating a new game won't fix that. A corrupted ROM is also a possibility.

Well i was having a save file at the first time after the 12 mb thing on bootstrap and it was working fine, since i updated to latest bootstrap that glitch problem started and my save file got corrupted, i deleted it and started again but the glitch problem never disappear.

Last edited by Disharmony16,

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe a recent change that DraStically boosted performance also broke Rush and a bunch of other ROMs.

I seen a previous post made after a new commit that said Sonic Rush plays almost like the original hardware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last commit test:
Ace Attorney 1 - Works, loadings not often.
English of the Dead - Same. Maybe little faster.
CoD4 - Same.
Castlevania Aria of Sorow - Broken. Weird sound bug.
Resident Evil DS - Finally no loadings ingame! Only in cutscenes and laggy-CGI.
Sonic Rush - Aaaaaalmost like on real hardware.
Trauma Center - Workins. Loadings very shorts.

Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Colors, Solatorobo doesn't work yet. Rougue Agent working weird. 0_o

Here it is.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't followed this in months. Just tried the unofficial bootstrap and TWLoader beta and it broke compatibility with Digimon World Dawn and Meteos. Yu-Gi-Oh NT still works but I didn't notice any improvements to loading. Code Lyoko and Umihara Kawase didn't boot so still incompatible.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't followed this in months. Just tried the unofficial bootstrap and TWLoader beta and it broke compatibility with Digimon World Dawn and Meteos. Yu-Gi-Oh NT still works but I didn't notice any improvements to loading. Code Lyoko and Umihara Kawase didn't boot so still incompatible.
make sure you get it from Master branch a few commits ago it was still working for me.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen a previous post made after a new commit that said Sonic Rush plays almost like the original hardware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here it is.
Yes, but a change was made in an even newer commit which boosted performance for some games but is known to break some others. You should wait a few more commits. Also check your roms.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also to note while Async is STILL BROKEN when the recent fixes and changes from Master were ported over, games boot for teh most part but beyond opening intros , they crash then right to the glitched Guru meditation error red screen. so Progress!

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last commit test:
Ace Attorney 1 - Works, loadings not often.
English of the Dead - Same. Maybe little faster.
CoD4 - Same.
Castlevania Aria of Sorow - Broken. Weird sound bug.
Resident Evil DS - Finally no loadings ingame! Only in cutscenes and laggy-CGI.
Sonic Rush - Aaaaaalmost like on real hardware.
Trauma Center - Workins. Loadings very shorts.

Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Colors, Solatorobo doesn't work yet. Rougue Agent working weird. 0_o
What build of bootstrap and twloader are you using?
Which settings do you have?

Damin72

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What build of bootstrap and twloader are you using?
Which settings do you have?
Check on new 9a037cf:
Ace Attorney 1 - NTR. VRAM off. Donor: MKDS.
Ace Attorney 3 - NTR. VRAM off. Donor: MKDS.
English of the Dead - NTR. VRAM off. Donor: MKDS.
CoD4 - TWL. Donor: MKDS.
Castlevania Aria of Sorow - NTR. VRAM On (Sound bug don't dissappear). Donor: MKDS.
Resident Evil DS - NTR speed, VRAM Boost on. Donor: MKDS.
Sonic Rush - TWL. Donor: MKDS.
Trauma Center - TWL. Donor: MKDS.

Joshua Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Diamond Update: Commit 9a125cc fixed most of the lighting bug I mentioned earlier, but when I try to link trade it desynced and caused an error on a retail cart and the Rom to forever say "Comunicating: please stand by..." Even when I turned WIFI off using the 3ds switch

Last edited by Joshua Wright,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Diamond Update: Commit 9a125cc fixed the lighting bug I mentioned earlier, but when I try to link trade it desynced and caused an error on a retail cart and the Rom to forever say "Comunicating: please stand by..."
i get similar problems when trying to use DP in Explorers of Sky of teh Pokemon MD Games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...